Asian MMA gym looking to hire temporary coach/fighter

Bashir Ahmad

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
This is a great opportunity for someone adventurous who is looking for a chance to travel and fight in Asia!

We are looking to hire a coach/fighter for our MMA gym in Lahore, Pakistan. It will be a 3 month stint and we will cover your flights, accommodation and pay a small salary. Responsibilities will include teaching classes at the gym (MMA, boxing, BJJ), training the fight team, and personal training sessions if requested. We will be filming a documentary about your experience living and training in Pakistan so you must be ok with being on camera. We have links with many gyms and organizations all over Asia so we can potentially gets you fights as well.

Minimum requirements: BJJ purple belt and/or 3 professional fights.

Last edited:
Will the coach be paid for teaching private lessons? How’s the language barrier?

I'd be interested but don't quite meet the requirements.. BJJ blue belt and 3 amature mma fights, 1 muay thai was supposed to go to worlds but got injured..
you can youtube me at Ramil Kamilov to see the way i teach

So no salary just accommodation and food?

Will the coach be paid for teaching private lessons? How’s the language barrier?

Yes, private lessons will be paid. You can actually make decent money with private lessons there, the people who can afford it have a ton of money to spend and a foreign trainer would be considered really "fashionable." Language barrier won't be a problem, most people have a basic grasp of english and the ones that come to the gym have really good english.

I'd be interested but don't quite meet the requirements.. BJJ blue belt and 3 amature mma fights, 1 muay thai was supposed to go to worlds but got injured..
you can youtube me at Ramil Kamilov to see the way i teach

Just sent you a private message.

Yes, private lessons will be paid. You can actually make decent money with private lessons there, the people who can afford it have a ton of money to spend and a foreign trainer would be considered really "fashionable." Language barrier won't be a problem, most people have a basic grasp of english and the ones that come to the gym have really good english.

<LikeReally5>

Also ....nobody ? Really, nobody ???
sigh...fine. I'll say it.

image.jpeg

Pakistan is not my idea of visiting Asia

Fixed. Most immigration authorities frown at seeing that Pakistan stamp on a passport. Especially if you were to say something as dumb as "I was teaching them self defence !"

Lol !

Trainers got bills to pay. You think fighters have money? I teach boutique fitness boxing classes and I’m definitely a fashionable “novelty” to my upper class clients. But They pay the bills so I can work with fighters for free

Fixed. Most immigration authorities frown at seeing that Pakistan stamp on a passport. Especially if you were to say something as dumb as "I was teaching them self defence !"

Lol !

Lol. When I think Pakistan, I think the Middle East. The shit shares a border with Iran and Afghanistan and is in the news as one of those countries to be weary of.

Trainers got bills to pay. You think fighters have money? I teach boutique fitness boxing classes and I’m definitely a fashionable “novelty” to my upper class clients. But They pay the bills so I can work with fighters for free

Yeah, with my long experience of Asian countries, the "foreigner novelty" factor means the job is generally for our more ......how do you say it.....epidermically challenged friends.
More "well done" individuals need not apply.

Hey, I hate the game, not the player in this.

That said, it's Pakistan. In 2018.
Any western ethnic guy going there, for now, is just asking for it. IMO.
But Shertards are a thing so I expect TS's inbox to be flooded with applications.

<{nope}>

Lol. When I think Pakistan, I think the Middle East. The shit shares a border with Iran and Afghanistan and is in the news as one of those countries to be weary of.
Check your geography buddy it is not in the middle east, plus Iran which borders pakistan is a stable country not sure what you are trying to imply with that specific remark.

Check your geography buddy it is not in the middle east, plus Iran which borders pakistan is a stable country not sure what you are trying to imply with that specific remark.

Iran is a stable country like you wrote but Pakistan is not at all. There are big power struggles within Pakistan authorities that are reflected in bloody conflicts all over the country. Pakistan is THE breeding ground for islamic terrorists.

There are thousands of extremist islamists willing to kill every nonbeliever on sight. I would never set foot in this country and especially not to teach a martial art. Just think about even if they accept you and shield you from attacks that you may have to work with people who support islamic extremism.

Imo best solution would sadly be to specifically recrut a sunni muslim as coach.

Back