The 2017 Heavies Awards - Best Knockout of the Year - Winner: Francis Ngannou over Alistair Overeem

2017 Best Knockout of the Year

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Barboza for me. That was beautiful and he was getting handled by dariush until he pulled that out of nowhere!

The bowel releasing KO and ultimate humiliation of Sterling was my fav.

A thing of beauty.

flower-roses-red-roses-bloom.jpg

Rose takes it in my book, the build up and the trash talk from JJ and then the obvious hurdle of overcoming her amazing striking, then add the fact that rose isn't some huge beefed up dude who can ko a rino, she had to land that hook perfectly, and she did.

Now that I've had a day to think about it I'm going with Barboza.

voted for Brown x Sanchez. Ngannou x Overeem is a close second, but fuck, Brown x Snachez legit looked like he was trying to kill him with that elbow, and then it straight up looked like he had actually killed him with that elbow.

Only KO in the list that makes me wince.

I had to go with Matt Brown. Sanchez dropped like he was relieved of his soul.
I was so tempted to vote for that, but Ngannou vs Overeem wins out. That elbow was fucking violent, though.

I went with other

No Plat Mike hellbow
So disappoint

421E4E58-3FEF-4BA9-954C-0DBE4581AAD1.png

How do you not vote Ngannou ? :D

The F bomb

The N bomb

The F'N bomb!

Thug Rose should be getting more love. The magnitude of the knockout matters. She was a severe underdog.

A lot of good ones this year, but Ngannou... I almost felt it myself.

Joanna didn't get slept, and 2 of these I dont even remember. I can't take this thread seriously if there is no

Perry-Ellenburger & Usman-Moraes are two that should be up there as well.

Great year for KO's though, I vote Moraes-Aljo

I had to go with Matt Brown. Sanchez dropped like he was relieved of his soul.

damn straight. im not about to sit here and pretend that a heavyweight knocking out a guy with no chin left with an ugly arm punch is anything special. matt almost blew diego though the floor, its the kind of KO that makes you want to stop participating in mma.

thirsty sherdoggers voting with their dicks

It's damn close with some of them... but I saw that Matt Brown KO live & no way any close decision isn't swayed by that. I had my Just Bleed frenzie on for that fight anyway... & it was glorious when it ended like that.

aw fuck yeah bro! that one is my pick, live it mustve looked like murder

Back