Raider Nation v26: Skittles Edition

All coaches contracts are fully guaranteed.

Did not know that.
Saving grace I guess is if it doesn’t work out and he goes elsewhere. Then the raiders are only on the hook for the difference between old and new contract

This makes me feel much better.

Starting to get excited. Mark may look like a fool but he is doing things that the old man should have done a looooong time ago.

Raiders
Projected compensatory picks: Four -- Round 5 / Round 6 / Two picks in Round 7
Key free-agent losses: Stacy McGee (Redskins), Latavius Murray (Vikings), Malcolm Smith (49ers), Menelik Watson (Broncos)
Key free-agent additions: Jared Cook, Cordarrelle Patterson
Skinny: The loss of Watson could bring a fifth-rounder, while the other departures might not bring more than a sixth- and two seventh-rounders.

this team needs a coach with balls,
They already had one.

jack-del-rio-balls.jpg

Jesus fucking Christ. If Oakland had stood pat there'd be bitching about "Oakland sucks, they let Del Rio stay" but now since Davis made a play it's "OMG that's too much"?

Swing for the fences motherfuckers.
trophies.jpg

Swing for the fences motherfuckers.
I will go on record and say that I am a huge fan of this move. Wish KC and LA would both go find a shitty broadcaster that was a mediocre coach about a decade ago and dump a bunch of money on them.

I will go on record and say that I am a huge fan of this move. Wish KC and LA would both go find a shitty broadcaster that was a mediocre coach about a decade ago and dump a bunch of money on them.

I wish the Raiders had a real coach like Vance

I wish the Raiders had a real coach like Vance
Joesph doesn't appear to be a very good coach after one year. Gruden has proven that he is a .500 coach. One signed a 100 million dollar contract though. I'll take the likely shit coach on a short contract over the known shit coach on a decade long contract.

Meh, time will tell whether or not this was a good move but saying that Gruden is a shit coach reeks of desperation. Understandable with Denver's HC/QB situation, that would make me pretty grumpy too. Besides, why give a shit how much he gets paid?

If Gruden isn’t successful I highly doubt he is HC for 10 years. And like others have said, who gives a shit about how much the contract is for. That 100 mill doesn’t count towards the cap. If Mark Davis wants to continue driving a minivan, eating at Hooters and getting shitty haircuts in order to free up money to get rid of del Rio I’m all for it

That money should be easily recouped with Vegas seat licenses which are rumoured to bring in around 250m

KNJ is now coaching for the Santa Clara Niners.

I don't watch much college ball, isn't this Payne dude suppose to be a beast?

Back