Destiny 2, v2: Now grinding for Bright Engrams

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't this exact thing happen with D1 before it launched too? Lead writers left, complete game rewrite about 16-18 months prior to launch, which is why the story was terrible and we got grimoire cards we had to look at online, etc.

Didn't this exact thing happen with D1 before it launched too? Lead writers left, complete game rewrite about 16-18 months prior to launch, which is why the story was terrible and we got grimoire cards we had to look at online, etc.
yes, but it wasn't that the lead writer just left they completely shit on his story and forced him to scrape it so he quit.

Rise of Iron was definitely a legit DLC and according to rumors a very large portion of it was already created for House of Wolves. I have no idea how accurate it is but there lots of rumblings from gaming journalists talking about how Wrath of the Machine was supposed to be the HoW raid we never got. If that's true (who knows for sure) but that means a lot of the geometry and foundation was already there and that would explain why they were able to get Rise of Iron out so quickly and have it look so polished (for the most part anyways).

I agree it feels like a gaggle fuck with us on the outside trying to look in through a tiny peephole, but I'm sure there's some reason why both Bungie and Activision would be willing to reboot D2. Luke Smith may have looked like a dick in interviews but he was co-designer of Vault of Glass, and I believe he was the lead developer for Taken King. Both of those things were the best parts of D1 (outside of the gunplay) so I can see why they would be willing to give him the keys to drive the ship. Unfortunately he listened too much to Weisnewski and we ended up with two primary weapons and a power weapon... we also ended up with 4v4 and some shockingly bizarre choices for PvP balance.
You know I shit on Luke Smith alot and this might not be all his fault but the 4v4, random PvP modes, IB/Trials not being lvl advantage enabled, them trying to hide laggy players, and other issues in PvP seems like it was due to a PvE guy in control of PvP. The whole simplifying of player builds and guns in pvp as a balance mechanism is stupid especially when it doesn't work. The game has been out for a bit and the grenades in PvP are broken. If I wanna get kills with them regularly I need to use pulse grenades or hope some one stays to long in one of my aoe grenades.

I was never a raid player the only one I ran and completed before the Age of Triumph was Crota's End and that was just due to Pinger and his buddies carrying me through. So I'm not sure how to feel about the VoG because I usually rage quit before getting past any of the bosses and never went past the wall in the King's Fall raid they put in to keep ppl from soloing into it. I did enjoy the other parts of TTK but as for the raids they wasn't something I wanted to do. It does seem alot of the fixed rolls in the raids, poe, and trial gear probably led to everything in D2 having fixed rolls that's just my opinion though. When you have tons of ppl watching streamers run trials and raids for the same shit again and again it probably did seem like a good ideal to make everything fixed rolls.

I just don't understand how they could change the base elements so much from D1 to D2 and think it was a good ideal. I'm not going to bring up the AoT stuff from D1 because D2 was already pretty far into development by then but the replayability that the base D1 game had compared to this one isn't even close. D1 kept ppl playing even through long content droughts this one needs to have multiple events monthly to keep a fraction of their player base playing.

I do worry that I am not going to be playing pve nearly as much anymore because it feels like I don’t really have anything to grind for anymore. I’d like to do the raid, but I am never going to have enough time all at once to run though it. I may start a titan or a warlock to freshen things up.

I do worry that I am not going to be playing pve nearly as much anymore because it feels like I don’t really have anything to grind for anymore. I’d like to do the raid, but I am never going to have enough time all at once to run though it. I may start a titan or a warlock to freshen things up.
wtf you haven't gotten a titan or warlock yet I spent most of year 1 in D1 with just a titan getting pissed that I kept getting gear for a hunter and warlock as nightfall rewards. I'd make those two so you could atleast get 3x the weekly rewards or to use them as extra vault space.

You might wanna try the raid. Both times I've done it took just around 2 hours. I realize that still might be too big a chunk for you, but it's not nearly as bad as some people think.

wtf you haven't gotten a titan or warlock yet I spent most of year 1 in D1 with just a titan getting pissed that I kept getting gear for a hunter and warlock as nightfall rewards. I'd make those two so you could atleast get 3x the weekly rewards or to use them as extra vault space.

I have never hid the fact that I’m a noob. Lol

You might wanna try the raid. Both times I've done it took just around 2 hours. I realize that still might be too big a chunk for you, but it's not nearly as bad as some people think.

I could do a handful of hours, but I’ve read up to 6. Lol. I couldn’t do that.

I have never hid the fact that I’m a noob. Lol
it's just an easy way to get more loot with less grinding plus I don't know how other players are but my hunter seems to have more luck with loot drops then my titan and my warlock has no luck.

it's just an easy way to get more loot with less grinding plus I don't know how other players are but my hunter seems to have more luck with loot drops then my titan and my warlock has no luck.

I feel ya.

I just want to get new shit to work for. A new class to try and build up is going to keep me motivated to play. My hunter has all the shit I want. I know the hunter build and weapons I am best with so I am just using new weapons and am not doing as well. Instead, I want to use the weapons I am proficient with and figure out the new class.

If that makes sense. The whole 6 hours I played with d1 was hunter too. I played a few matches a few days ago on my buds titan and it was a lot of fun trying to figure out.

Wow, I tuned into a few Twitch feeds today, to see if it would wet my appetite, and trigger a craving to return, but all the top streamers were doing was complaining about what Bungie has done to the skill gap in this game. Everyone is talking about PvP being dead, and broken. So I hop over to YouTube to check out a couple videos mentioned in chat that summarize these problems, and I see this (the top one in particular was mentioned by the streamer):

@2:15-3:17 in the top video: Dear God. SMH. Glad I skipped the sequel.

*Edit*
@GSP4tw how in the fuck does a player like you deal with the shit I'm seeing in the videos above?

Last edited:
Wow, I tuned into a few Twitch feeds today, to see if it would wet my appetite, and trigger a craving to return, but all the top streamers were doing was complaining about what Bungie has done to the skill gap in this game. Everyone is talking about PvP being dead, and broken. So I hop over to YouTube to check out a couple videos mentioned in chat that summarize these problems, and I see this (the top one in particular was mentioned by the streamer):

*Edit*
@GSP4tw how in the fuck does a player like you deal with the shit I'm seeing in the videos above?

Weird, I never got the alert for this mention, but the answer to your question is easy. I don't play anymore. I wanted to like the game, but I just can't. It's almost mind boggling how nearly every decision they made turned out to be the wrong one.

I didn't watch any of the videos but I can probably guess at what's being said.

*Edit*
that's just people bitching about pvp and in the first video acting as if show how PvP should be catered to by the devs over PvE. PvP isn't as fun in this game as the first one but having another nerf fest to please the PvP crowd isn't something I want to see. Plus I'd rather see them fix shit in PvE before making elitist PvP guys happy. There is two different games here and the dev once again failed to see that and tried to casualize it along with everything else. There is no reason PvE or PvP should be affected by one another but are again.

Weird, I never got the alert for this mention, but the answer to your question is easy. I don't play anymore. I wanted to like the game, but I just can't. It's almost mind boggling how nearly every decision they made turned out to be the wrong one.

Aha. Figures.

My fault with the tag. I edited in the tag. For some reason, if you add a tag in an edit, it doesn't send a notification. I gotta add this to our list of troubleshoots in the Booth.

Aha. Figures.

My fault with the tag. I edited in the tag. For some reason, if you add a tag in an edit, it doesn't send a notification. I gotta add this to our list of troubleshoots in the Booth.
Most of them are hemorrhaging viewers(and I would assume subs), so I would take what they say with a grain of salt when it comes to their 'ideas' when it comes to fixing this disaster.

I'm back to playing Nioh and having a blast, fuck this game. Mostly cause Nioh doesn't treat me like a complete idiot.
I heard the DLC is also lots of fun.

On a side note: I also bought the PS4 Berserk game in sale. It's pretty mindless and looks ugly as hell, but my god, what an awesome stress relief to just massacre hordes and hordes of thrash mobs as Guts (disclaimer: big Berserk fan)
Imagine Miyazaki making a Dark Souls like Berserk game one day. I think I'd jizz my pants from the announcement alone.

I was bummed for a bit because I have a lot of great gaming memories from Destiny 1 and a few from Destiny 2 with my clan. I've actually met up with some of them irl and become casual friends. Barely any of us play anymore and Destiny as a franchise is pretty much dead to all of us.

Bungie's always been a bit, well perhaps extremely, arrogant and stubborn (how in the world they still think balancing PVP and PVE together is a good idea is beyond my comprehension) but with D2, it's like they actually loathe their playerbase. It's no surprise that D2 was in development hell yet again. A year and a half to make a big budget persistent online loot game isn't enough time. Their management must be utter shit.

I'm really glad I wasn't foolish enough to purchase the season pass this time again because the content sounds even worse than Crota's End. Bad design decisions, bad community interactions and feedback and just so many mistakes they made again after 3 years of learning and some pretty incredible loyalty from an unusually faithful fanbase all squandered. I wonder how many people from D1 even work at Bungie anymore? A shame really because they had all the momentum going with D2 and a rabid fanbase but enough is enough. I've got too many better, more complete games that respect my wallet made by studios and publishers worth supporting.

yeah I hopped on for a bit last night cause the entire clan logged on as well and we ran a quick raid. We didn't lose our touch and one-timed the whole raid.

after that we parted ways.

it's so friggin' sad. I have a solid clan made up of good players but we can't stay interested.

speakin' of which - do you guys recommend any other multiplayer games on PS4. I am struggling to find something fun for us to play together. even if its 2 co-op I can't find anything other than borderlands and other shooter types...

yeah I hopped on for a bit last night cause the entire clan logged on as well and we ran a quick raid. We didn't lose our touch and one-timed the whole raid.

after that we parted ways.

it's so friggin' sad. I have a solid clan made up of good players but we can't stay interested.

speakin' of which - do you guys recommend any other multiplayer games on PS4. I am struggling to find something fun for us to play together. even if its 2 co-op I can't find anything other than borderlands and other shooter types...

Fortnite? I started playing that after I uninstalled D2 months ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back