The Official Sherdog Rap/Gangsta/Hip-Hop Thread

listened to the track found it surprisingly good tbh i had zero idea who he was but i looked at some of his tracks and hes doing pretty good numbers. impressive to be a up and coming canadian rapper that big without the XO/OVO co-sign. im guessing by his sound that hes not from toronto either.

and damn that sounds crazy bruh i hope u went mad
Yeah he's a social media wizard. He's been grinding hard for probably 10 years building a fan base. I remember how hyped he was when he was 16 and got his first KOTD battle. He got slaughtered but it made him work harder. Now he's got all of KOTD riding his nuts.

The bass in this track should be banned from car systems worldwide

Couldn't hear shiite grabbing groceries with this one

The sarcasm in these lyrics is amazing

The bass in this track should be banned from car systems worldwide

Couldn't hear shiite grabbing groceries with this one

The sarcasm in these lyrics is amazing

joyner should be banned from hip hop

I meant to follow up from the other thread @RoosterShooter

Some examples of good newer rap (Too bad there aren't many)

Okay, well maybe The Reunion isn't that new.

Last edited:
lmao all his songs are bad
<{1-13}>

I'll take that as a yes, you were triggered by a pretty straightforward narrative-swap poem about racism

Meanwhile he made ross cappiccioni

And now you're going to need to lie to yourself to make yourself feel better by dismissing the rest of his tracks in a lump sum; keep us updated on how stretching to prove that goes for you

Good luck with that

<{1-13}>

I'll take that as a yes, you were triggered by a pretty straightforward narrative-swap poem about racism

Meanwhile he made ross cappiccioni

And now you're going to need to lie to yourself to make yourself feel better by dismissing the rest of his tracks in a lump sum; keep us updated on how stretching to prove that goes for you

Good luck with that

bro what are u talking about i literally could not give less of a fuck about his corny "im a racist" track its just another of 500 fake deep forgettable tracks hes put out. his entire discog is pathetic on god

bro what are u talking about i literally could not give less of a fuck about his corny "im a racist" track its just another of 500 fake deep forgettable tracks hes put out. his entire discog is pathetic on god

"Ross Cappiccioni"
"Keep It 100"

are fake deep to you? get the fuck outta here with that salty fake sauce mate

you sound like this is about some petty grudge you already had about him

there's no way you're seriously mad at that meter variation across tons of his tracks

maybe you hate lyrical rap styles, lyric longform combos brand new, nothing metronome or mumble or repetitive chant heavy like 80% of what's trending these days

you honestly think kendrick lamar, 21 or lil pump, any of the rappers whose tracks he clowns on have better lyricism

good luck going track vs track down the lyrics sheets on that one

90% of what's big right now is essentially rap minimalism, less story-oriented more repeat-shamanic in vibe which is its own style absolutely, but far less complicated in execution or design than a lyrical rap style, which is definitely what Joyner does every track

I'm not crazy about one or two tracks like any artist I listen to right now but there's no way you honestly believe his album's lyrics or production is sum total trash without some salty previous bias

that doesn't sound substantiated by anything you've said yet

specifics make arguments

Last edited:
See if you recognize anything repeat-shamanic from that post in 21 Savage's "Bank Account"

Now look at how much more material Joyner fits into that beat

The variation in that is 50 times more intricate than anything I've heard 21 savage ever do, ever. With the added bonus of not repeating "ready to gun ya down" 70 times in a row like bitchass filler

[<cena1}

I like minimalism in my music too, but that original sounds like it's begging to get the song over with so it can stop making any new bars

I also like the part where 21 autotunes "75 hundred on a saint laurent" to sound like shit on purpose and then keeps rolling on it

that's some intense trap level to intentionally autotune shit-on your own bars while going down on 50 rap cliches before you pass the 60 sec mark

repeating bars 10 times in a row is not how you prove you belong in rap, never was

Last edited:
"Ross Cappiccioni"
"Keep It 100"

are fake deep to you? get the fuck outta here with that salty fake sauce mate

you sound like this is about some petty grudge you already had about him

there's no way you're seriously mad at that meter variation across tons of his tracks

maybe you hate lyrical rap styles, lyric longform combos brand new, nothing metronome or mumble or repetitive chant heavy like 80% of what's trending these days

you honestly think kendrick lamar, 21 or lil pump, any of the rappers whose tracks he clowns on have better lyricism

good luck going track vs track down the lyrics sheets on that one

90% of what's big right now is essentially rap minimalism, less story-oriented more repeat-shamanic in vibe which is its own style absolutely, but far less complicated in execution or design than a lyrical rap style, which is definitely what Joyner does every track

I'm not crazy about one or two tracks like any artist I listen to right now but there's no way you honestly believe his album's lyrics or production is sum total trash without some salty previous bias

that doesn't sound substantiated by anything you've said yet

specifics make arguments

See if you recognize anything repeat-shamanic from that post in 21 Savage's "Bank Account"

Now look at how much more material Joyner fits into that beat

The variation in that is 50 times more intricate than anything I've heard 21 savage ever do, ever. With the added bonus of not repeating "ready to gun ya down" 70 times in a row like bitchass filler

[<cena1}

I like minimalism in my music too, but that original sounds like it's begging to get the song over with so it can stop making any new bars

I also like the part where 21 autotunes "75 hundred on a saint laurent" to sound like shit on purpose and then keeps rolling on it

that's some intense trap level to intentionally autotune shit-on your own bars while going down on 50 rap cliches before you pass the 60 sec mark

repeating bars 10 times in a row is not how you prove you belong in rap, never was

i havent listened to either song you mentioned but you can have two good tracks and still be qualified for the "entire discog is pathetic" statement. his remixes are so corny, hes on some "look how I murk those dumb trap mumblers' beats" its such a losers mentality and it simply doesnt work anymore, in 2017/18 you gotta craft your own song and just "rapping hard and fast" for the sake of it isnt impressive, we've already had hundreds of rappers who can do that. either you bring something new to the table or you're out.

when you take away the facade of rapping fast, theres really not that much more substance to anything joyner is spitting than that of the ppl he criticises. fast rapping is played out and makes a song pretty much unlistenable, it has no aux value. i dont even fuck wit big sean like that but he pretty much ethered a lot of these youtube rappers:

And I'm just not impressed by you nibbas rapping fast
Who sound like one big asthma attack but trash when I’m rapping it back
Who you put in your top five and claim they the savior of rap

also dont like how the guy is so pretentious like this dude rly be getting on gucci gang/bank account type beats (most popular in the scene) and then talk about how hes too good to make a hit song like fuck off bro lmaoo

these are the god tier lyrics ya'll are fawning over?

What the fuck happened to Jay Electronica? I wonder if he still got it or not
Whatever happened to Elzhi?
Whatever happened to Meth? What happened to Beans? Whatever happened to Lauryn?
What happened to Banks? Tell me what happened to Bleek
What the fuck happened to Mos? What happened to Missy?
Nibba, what happened to Ghost? Whatever happened to Cube?
What up with Common? What the fuck, where did they go?
Tell me what happened to Budden's, what about Luda?

cmon bruh hes smothering the beat and doing it using cheap gimmicks while patting himself on the back for being so much better than these teen trap rappers lmao, at least the 21 song u can bump in the whip, or at the party, and just vibe out too

Cyhi's album is my album of 2017.

Great year too - Joey Bada$$, Rapsody, Vince Staples, Tyler, Big Krit, Brockhampton - all killed it.

Big KRIT’s album was really fucking good, No dope on Sundays was also fucking dope.

Cyhi's album is my album of 2017.

Great year too - Joey Bada$$, Rapsody, Vince Staples, Tyler, Big Krit, Brockhampton - all killed it.

it was good for sure. top 10. cant compete with Perfect Timing doe

i havent listened to either song you mentioned but you can have two good tracks and still be qualified for the "entire discog is pathetic" statement. his remixes are so corny, hes on some "look how I murk those dumb trap mumblers' beats" its such a losers mentality and it simply doesnt work anymore, in 2017/18 you gotta craft your own song and just "rapping hard and fast" for the sake of it isnt impressive, we've already had hundreds of rappers who can do that. either you bring something new to the table or you're out.

when you take away the facade of rapping fast, theres really not that much more substance to anything joyner is spitting than that of the ppl he criticises. fast rapping is played out and makes a song pretty much unlistenable, it has no aux value. i dont even fuck wit big sean like that but he pretty much ethered a lot of these youtube rappers:

And I'm just not impressed by you nibbas rapping fast
Who sound like one big asthma attack but trash when I’m rapping it back
Who you put in your top five and claim they the savior of rap

also dont like how the guy is so pretentious like this dude rly be getting on gucci gang/bank account type beats (most popular in the scene) and then talk about how hes too good to make a hit song like fuck off bro lmaoo

these are the god tier lyrics ya'll are fawning over?

What the fuck happened to Jay Electronica? I wonder if he still got it or not
Whatever happened to Elzhi?
Whatever happened to Meth? What happened to Beans? Whatever happened to Lauryn?
What happened to Banks? Tell me what happened to Bleek
What the fuck happened to Mos? What happened to Missy?
Nibba, what happened to Ghost? Whatever happened to Cube?
What up with Common? What the fuck, where did they go?
Tell me what happened to Budden's, what about Luda?

cmon bruh hes smothering the beat and doing it using cheap gimmicks while patting himself on the back for being so much better than these teen trap rappers lmao, at least the 21 song u can bump in the whip, or at the party, and just vibe out too

21's bank account is so Simple even a full crew high out of their mind cruising L rides would notice, you're just mad at the other guy lol

telling me it's better, smh

Quick test: in battle rap, what happens to the artist who starts repeating themselves instead of making new bars? They get eaten alive, because that's not diversity of statement.

21 songs are intentionally a k-hole of creativity and that's cool if you're into that because you just want to roll to some lowkey dumbed down L ride music but don't lie to yourself trying to say it's the best version of rap, or better than lyricism in rap. That's straight up childish

Joyner gave that track about 4 different sections each with their own flow, went from his mom's abortion (just like Game did on 50's hate it or love it, but you probably hate it here right?) to flipping meter on what it's like to leave the oven open when the heat is out, to repping classic players in the rap game wishing the industry still wanted them

His end rhymes aren't ever dumb for a machine-gun rap style, so saying his lyrics aren't complicated is just showing me how salty you are about him personally, and you take it out on solid modern poetry structure with large doses of irony sprinkled throughout, critiques of industry

Backwords:

"I've been snatchin' purses while I'm rapping
In the back of churches I'm a backwards person
I ain't laughin' don't you act absurd
And I've been havin' urges ain't no passion
Don't you bastards think you bad at cursin'
I've been bad since birth and slapping nurses asses
Takin' percs I've been urgin' for a certain action
Got a nervous itch in a serpents kitchen drinking captains
While I'm servin' children different words that's spillin' out the cabinets
In a hurt position its absurd addiction got me laughin'
Spit fast gonna run with impact until your wrist crampin'
Break your kitkat while you play with your kids back
I'm Chris Hanson

[Reversed:]
Laughin' at a addiction absurd in this position
Hurt inside of cabinets spillin' out words that are fairly different
Servin' children while the captains drinking in a serpents kitchen
Itchin' from a nervin' action got served by takin' percs
Ass nurses slappin' since birth and I've been cursin' bad and you
Think you bastards got passion but ain't no urge you havin'
Been absurd action don't be laughin' ain't no person backwards
I'm in churches in the back rappin' while I'm purses snatchin, :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

I've been chasin' rappers down with pencils paper books and stencils
Written verses while I pack the pistols in the back of rentals
I wrote my dads initials, then laughed as I passed it in to
I've been half demented breaking shit down to half a sentence
Fuck the rap Olympics I murdered the past contenders
I cooked their ass and grilled them now you can eat that for dinner
And I used to laugh at :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:s who act like :eek::eek::eek:s with feelings
Till' I packed gentlemen packages filled with acid venom
I bought a toy gun with some bullets of plastic in them
Explosives with matches lit em' and left a few fragments in them
I never packed a mac in the back of a Ac(ura) or Sentra or
Lexus with gas unless it’s a Benz with a stack of Benjamins

Benjamins and stacks of Benz and gas with a Lexus or Sentra act in the back with a mac that I packed in it
The fragments slit matches explosives and plastic bullets from a gun toy I just bought for you :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:s is actin reckless
Venom acids filled with the packages in them packagin' em :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:s just feelings just actin while :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:s laughin
Eatin dinner siezed in the grill and cooked their asses while contestenders pass 'em murder olympics rap past them
Sentence down breaking deminsions in half essentials
I past and laughed at the pixels I wrote in Dads initials
In the back of rentals I'm pistol packing a stack of stencils in the book papers of papers and pencils and a rapper chasin' a
- hold up

I'm a same :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: that fizzled poppa a ratchet on him
Yeah that same :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: that took a piss in your Arizona
That same :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: to put acetone in a bag a soap
And then sold it for $40 some pussy and half of soda
And I never payed attention to rappers who acted bogus
Who lie and say they rich in their songs but their ass is homeless
And try to throw dirt on my name that's a passive quota
Till I grab it throwem' and bashem' and laugh when their asses over
Fuckem' hard go hustle hard with the hustlars
Cut their jugular so you choke on your tongue and jaw
And I've never been a gangster or one to trouble naw
But I'm good with my knuckles punch through a brick and leave dust in awe

All in dust leave brick punch for my knuckles naw
But I'm naw No trouble wanted a gangster I never cut
Your jaw and tongue choke on your jugular
Cuttin' hustlers with the hustler hustle hard
Fuckin' hard over ass laughin' bashin' backfoldem' crackem'
Till the quota passem' trashem' and laugh over
Homeless ass when they saw his trash crack closer
Bogus actors who rappin' over the track holdem'
Sold half a pussy a dollar 40 a sold it
For some soap and acetone in a bath and I blast both of em
Arizona piss that I took in the glass of cola
Then got ratchet and popped him and fizzled him back the soda"

<Y2JSmirk>

I wouldn't be surprised if Sherm/Syrup/Pills fans hate that shit

Because they love 21 and pump

Rap Industry doesn't have to pander to drug zombie culture tho, that isn't what its greatest names in rap did

Back