UFC 220 - Miocic vs Ngannou - Boston

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else like the Under 1.5 rounds in DC x Volkan's fight? +155 is a good value for rounds if you think of three things. 1: Volkan has eleven knockout wins in the first round. 2: Cormier can try to put the fight down quickly to finish as he did with AJ, and now he does not get good wrestler. 3: It is not uncommon to see fighters with many fights, but who were first knocked out recently, get knocked out often.

Ok, am i the only one who thinks, that Oezdemir actually lost the fight with OSP, which was a striking battle? And OSP`s striking was on a very basic level in this fight... If you compare it to the striking that DC showed vs JJ, the difference is huuuge.

I haven't seen a single post in this sub-forum that has even implied that Francis is a lock or a huge play was warranted on him as the favorite. And you shouldn't sell him short either, he's been fighting better and better competition and still brutalizing them. Overeem is a good win, simple as that. Plenty of ranked, well-rounded, and very experienced opponents have tried to win against Overeem and failed to do so.

It's pretty hipster not go along with the mainstream and fall for the hype, but I'd more concerned about mma fans if they weren't excited about Ngannou. People should be excited about him. And as a bettor, the very concept of someone's hype being real or not should offer you great betting opportunities, so it's all good.

Sorry if I like to use my brain cells instead of just buying into the bullshit the UFC marketing team makes up. The guy is a bum, a strong one, but still a bum. If he manages to defeat Stipe I'll be proven wrong. But until then there's nothing in his record that suggests he can do it.

Sorry if I like to use my brain cells instead of just buying into the bullshit the UFC marketing team makes up. The guy is a bum, a strong one, but still a bum. If he manages to defeat Stipe I'll be proven wrong. But until then there's nothing in his record that suggests he can do it.
Even if Stipe beats Francis, which i think he will, Francis is still not a "bum"

If there is a like button, why isn’t there a dislike button?

Just caught up w the thread. I thought the consensus on the thread would be Stipe but I'm surprised to see people willing to bet Ngganou at these odds. What's even more of a head scratcher is: the majority of the thread was on Overeem when he fought Ngganou. Now we're getting dog odds on a fighter who is a tougher match up for Ngganou

It's scary to bet against Ngganou's power but we're getting fantastic value on Stipe (+223) and Stipe rounds 2, 3, 4 (+750, +1275, +2000).

Stipe rounds 2 and 3 are great value. I think he can whether the adversity he's sure to be dealt with in the first round. Arlovski and Overeem got caught ducking and rolling out of the pocket which I think Stipe can avoid doing with his boxing. Stepping at angles and moving laterally instead of getting hit with one of those ridiculous shovel punches. My god he really slept Overeem with that shit. He really owned Reem in the clinch which surprised me. He found underhooks right away and didn't let them go but didn't really look to move around and look to take down Reem. Why not? Because he's not confident in his wrestling? Coming from a poor background I doubt he was doing that in high school and in college like Stipe was. Huge huge wrestling advantage for Stipe. Francis did have a nice kimura on hamilton though. Hamilton didn't explode like he should have after that scramble that got him to ground. Francis did a nice job of recognizing that, moved to knee on belly and secured the arm lock. Stipe would have been like a wild cat in that situation. I'm rambling but yeah, for sure the value is on Stipe. I'm hoping his ML gets as more advertising comes out for it. Does anyone watch TV? Are you seeing commercials for this stuff? I only saw the promo because I sought it out.

Marketing always tries to create the perception of higher value in a property, that's what happens in a capitalist society. It's kinda the price you pay for being able to enjoy a commercial product. There is nothing about the Francis hype that should particularly upset anyone. It's like a hippie soap boxing about the evils of corporations, while smoking a Marlboro cigarette and having a cellphone in the other hand.

And again, who in here is making an argument for a huge bet on Francis? You're preaching to the choir by saying there is potentially a chunk of unwarranted hype on him. Ngannou simply has been doing what he's supposed to be doing and that is beating who's in front of him, and beating them in devastating fashion. What exactly warrants calling him a bum? Why the negative attitude?

If you think the current world champion is merely fighting an over hyped bum, you should be ecstatic about the odds.

Last edited:
Stipe rounds 2 and 3 are great value. I think he can whether the adversity he's sure to be dealt with in the first round. Arlovski and Overeem got caught ducking and rolling out of the pocket which I think Stipe can avoid doing with his boxing. Stepping at angles and moving laterally instead of getting hit with one of those ridiculous shovel punches. My god he really slept Overeem with that shit. He really owned Reem in the clinch which surprised me. He found underhooks right away and didn't let them go but didn't really look to move around and look to take down Reem. Why not? Because he's not confident in his wrestling? Coming from a poor background I doubt he was doing that in high school and in college like Stipe was. Huge huge wrestling advantage for Stipe. Francis did have a nice kimura on hamilton though. Hamilton didn't explode like he should have after that scramble that got him to ground. Francis did a nice job of recognizing that, moved to knee on belly and secured the arm lock. Stipe would have been like a wild cat in that situation. I'm rambling but yeah, for sure the value is on Stipe. I'm hoping his ML gets as more advertising comes out for it. Does anyone watch TV? Are you seeing commercials for this stuff? I only saw the promo because I sought it out.
I absolutely agree with what you wrote, but the thing that bothers me is that Reem caught Stipe twice for only 1 round and his gameplan was running and countering all the time. Francis is not going to run around, but he is going to push push push for the whole time and i am not sure how much caughts from him Stipe can survive.

From what I remember, JDS was doing some good work on Stipe's leg in the second fight. Any chance that Ngannou uses leg kicks here too?

Ok, am i the only one who thinks, that Oezdemir actually lost the fight with OSP, which was a striking battle? And OSP`s striking was on a very basic level in this fight... If you compare it to the striking that DC showed vs JJ, the difference is huuuge.

Yea OSP took over late in R3, Volkan was essentially out on his feet. Was very close but should have been 29-28 osp.

That fight was short notice so doesn’t hold a ton of merit but it shows Volkan is actually not that good and has 2 extremely odd/flukey KOs imo.

Also DC has a different style of striking than osp but I get what you’re saying. OSP looked looked like shit and still (should have) edged it out

Yea OSP took over late in R3, Volkan was essentially out on his feet. Was very close but should have been 29-28 osp.

That fight was short notice so doesn’t hold a ton of merit but it shows Volkan is actually not that good and has 2 extremely odd/flukey KOs imo.

Also DC has a different style of striking than osp but I get what you’re saying. OSP looked looked like shit and still (should have) edged it out
Actually Volkan was in training camp for another fight, but in heavyweight. I dont know how relevant is this fight at all for his cardio, but for his striking skills is very important.
You can give the 2nd round to OSP too in that fight, Volkan did nothing special to win it.

From what I remember, JDS was doing some good work on Stipe's leg in the second fight. Any chance that Ngannou uses leg kicks here too?
not likely

It was close and I thought Osp won on fight night.

Not sure if it's relevant anymore, tho

I think it's pretty obvious that Volkan has no chance against DC, we all know that.

The heavyweights as usual are a toss up, whoever lands a power punch first wins it.

I think it's pretty obvious that Volkan has no chance against DC, we all know that.

The heavyweights as usual are a toss up, whoever lands a power punch first wins it.

He has a chance.. a Rd 1 blitz chance

Just caught up w the thread. I thought the consensus on the thread would be Stipe but I'm surprised to see people willing to bet Ngganou at these odds. What's even more of a head scratcher is: the majority of the thread was on Overeem when he fought Ngganou. Now we're getting dog odds on a fighter who is a tougher match up for Ngganou

It's scary to bet against Ngganou's power but we're getting fantastic value on Stipe (+223) and Stipe rounds 2, 3, 4 (+750, +1275, +2000).

nganou has ko power in both hands, has the speed advantage over miocic and stipe is also hittable with porous defense

I am seriously thinking to lay the juice on both fights under 4.5 or DNGD, but i am still waiting to see what odds i will get.

nganou has ko power in both hands, has the speed advantage over miocic and stipe is also hittable with porous defense
The hype has made this line too high. This should be a pick em imo

The hype has made this line too high. This should be a pick em imo

i dont think the risk is worth playing miocic in the first round. maybe wait for live betting in the second round.

ngannou has great striking and if he connects like reem did i dont stink stipe recovers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back