The 2017 Heavies Awards - Best Walkout Song of the Year - Winner: Techno Syndrome (Mortal Kombat)

2017 Best Walkout Song of the Year

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
<Moves> I didn’t vote because I didn’t see Man’s Not Hot on there.

Voted Fight to Survive but sad to see Tai Tuivasa's 'A Thousand Miles' by Vanessa Carlton miss out as well as Jotko's Streets of Siam from Kickboxer (also by Stan Bush).

Had to go with 'Fight to Survive.' Anything that references the kumite is serious business.

Voted Flash, and I don't even know who used it.

Damn was hoping Wonderboy by Tenacious D that Stephen Thompson uses would be on here

One of the factors that weighed in on best walkout song choices was more than just the song itself. It wasn't going to be a "We like these five songs" list, and instead is about successful fighters that choose good songs that served them well. RDA used to walk out to other songs, but he changed everything up when he moved to WW, including his song. Jared "Flash" Gordon uses a song representing his namesake. Last Breath admittedly is not a good song personally, but more fighters chose that song than any other so it can't be ignored. Who can be mad at the Mortal Kombat theme? And I'm Shipping Up to Boston (and the Dropkick Murphys altogether) went undefeated this year, so it was worth mentioning, especially since the UFC didn't go to Boston in 2017.

Diakiese walked out to "Man's Not Hot" once, "Cool Nuh" by Giggs ft. Wrench 32 once, and "Shut Up" by Stormzy once this year. Hard to pick one of the three songs one fighter used this year, and to add to that, he lost after walking out to it. Of those three, I'd have picked "Shut Up" but none of them were worth mentioning above the hundreds of others to pick from.

It's all good. My comment was half joking anyway!

best out of poll options - Bloodsport
best song - Highwayman
best entrance song - X gon give it to ya

Darren Tills Phil Collins would of gotten my vote

I don't know if only the brits got the symbolism but that song had a VERY famous advert where a gorilla plays intro

And he likes to call himself a gorilla
And use the emoji on pretty much every tweet

In before 'also the sky is blue'

Man, what weaksauce walkout songs folks choose. I voted Murphys, but dang.

still waitin for someone to use this for a walkout
but its better for a training montage

I'm Shipping Up to Boston" by the Dropkick Murphys

Party-Hard-Slender-Man-the-slender-man-25113194-423-316.gif

Didn't Luke walk out to The Rain by DMX? kinda surprised to see that isn't on here.

I’m Shipping Up To Boston, or to use its more formal title ‘The National Anthem of Fake Ireland’...

Back