What's Your Next Purchase? V5

Yeah. Still need fingerprints and photo.

No thx.

I got an Omega last year as my final suppressor.

Unless I find a MG at an incredible deal I am not going to buy any more NFA stuff.

Once I get reimbursed for my safe I think I am going to start looking at a new handgun.

Spent 1100 on a West Coast 22 to keep all my stuff safe and secure.

New Year and my funds from the PD reset. So I gotta decide on if I want to go all out on a gun or get something midrange and save some money for a shooting course. Kinda want to go take a Sheepdog Inc course with Time Kennedy next time they are hosting one in Vegas...

My Mepro night sights got here. They're far easier to see than the Wilson Combat ones I have.

I bought all my stuff before the Trust changes. Not willing to do all the bullshit now.

Yep . . . same thing for me. I'm not willing to drag my wife and daughters down to get fingerprinted just to buy another NFA item either.

Hopefully suppressors will be removed from that stupid list within a couple of years anyway.

Wanted to grab a silencer some day for this 14.5 build but the hassle just doesn't seem worth it right now. At least I have a SilencerCo muzzle device in case I change my mind.

x36fPAp.jpg

4Mkj4tM.jpg

HxP8ohO.jpg

xM1fgSV.jpg

Looks confusing. :oops:

The talon thing is just a tool but my model m&p doesn't have any use for it. Yellow thing is just a slave pin. Basically I'm replacing the sear, trigger, striker block and a couple springs(striker block, sear and trigger springs).

Reduce the total travel of the trigger by 50%, 3lb brake, shorter better reset, less over travel.

The talon thing is just a tool but my model m&p doesn't have any use for it. Yellow thing is just a slave pin. Basically I'm replacing the sear, trigger, striker block and a couple springs(striker block, sear and trigger springs).

Reduce the total travel of the trigger by 50%, 3lb brake, shorter better reset, less over travel.

I've yet to mess with replacing parts on pistols, other than grips and flip-fopping the mag release.

I've yet to mess with replacing parts on pistols, other than grips and flip-fopping the mag release.

Ive done it with Glocks quite a bit, its actually really easy with just a punch tool and a glass of scotch. At this point I have no reservations at all about taking a Glock apart and replacing or upgrading parts, I can pretty much do whatever in 10-30 minutes. Same with rifle triggers, I've put so many Timneys in and installed so many scopes that I'm comfortable with it but thats as far is it goes. Not really gunsmithing or anything just basic work.

I always wanted to try out an M&P tricked out with apex stuff but never got the chance.

Yay, now we're the knife police...:rolleyes:

Operational Bulletin PRG-2018-01: Change to the Definition of Centrifugal Knives - Prohibited Weapons

"...it includes knives that require some preliminary or simultaneous minimal manipulation of either a flipper or other non-edged parts of the blade."

Fucking horseshit.

http://www.citt-tcce.gc.ca/en/node/8176

Operational Bulletin PRG-2018-01: Change to the Definition of Centrifugal Knives - Prohibited Weapons

"...it includes knives that require some preliminary or simultaneous minimal manipulation of either a flipper or other non-edged parts of the blade."

Fucking horseshit.

That makes it sound like standard pocket knives that have that stud on the side would fall under that.

What a joke.

Fucking horseshit.

So what exactly is allowed? It seems vague and slightly confusing.

Ridiculous.

<{jackyeah}>

Is there a blade length law for fixed and is it legal to conceal?
On my end, the only thing that that decision affects is the admissibility of knives for import; I purchased all my knives in Canada. As per the Criminal Code, it can be interpreted that such knives are not actually prohibited devices.

As for carrying, concealment or length have little to do with it, rather intent. That said, the Criminal Code is written in such a way to give law enforcement a lot of leeway with interpretation. You basically never want to admit to carrying a knife for self defense, but as long as it's not a prohibited knife (automatic or centrifugal, the latter is the "definition" they're running wild with on the Customs side of things), tacticool or not, it's to be (or should be) treated as a cutting tool.

Anyone here have experience with RMR's?

Looking to grab one for the Polymer80 build I have and WANT the dual illuminated one but at the minimum 7 MOA dot I am wondering if I should go for the battery powered ones to have a more precise dot?

EDIT:
Looking around online reminds me this is for a pistol and not like an AR. I know a guy that has an RMR on his SBR AR that he uses for home defense and a truck gun and he has one of the 2 MOA dot versions. The one he has on his pistol is like 8 MOA.

THAT said, still curious if anyone has experience with the dual illuminated versions. Rather not have to futz with taking the RMR off my slide when a battery dies as the DI versions are a mix of fiber optics and tritium.

Last edited:
Back