Gaming headsets

I hate when you accidentally hit the like button and you have to take it back.

Now that I got that out of the way, I have a set specifically for the PS4. It's perfect in every way and cost about 60 bucks.

Been using the ps3 headset for years.

Paid 69.99 for it on sale and have gotten over 3 years of gaming on pa3 and ps4 without issues.

I like the sliders which allow to balance between chat and aound aa well as overall volume.

Sound quality is about 4/5.

Last edited:
Ok, found it. Thanks. I have Dolby atmos on there and was using that. I will give this a go. The atmos is supposed to be very good and it came with the rig 800’s.

Also, I am wearing my new sennheiser’s right now. I will give first impression thoughts a bit later, then give an initial review in a few days.

Dolby Atmos is free for a month then charges a one time fee of $15. It does the same as Windows Sonic but not as good in my opinion. It gives off a bathroom like tin sound often when I tried using it. Maybe it's better now though.

Dolby Atmos is free for a month then charges a one time fee of $15. It does the same as Windows Sonic but not as good in my opinion. It gives off a bathroom like tin sound often when I tried using it. Maybe it's better now though.

There was a code that came with the plantronics and it was my understanding that it was permanent. I will try both to see if I can notice a difference.

There was a code that came with the plantronics and it was my understanding that it was permanent. I will try both to see if I can notice a difference.

There are a few games that implemented Dolby Atmos, so that should work better in those cases.

Gears of War 4

Final Fantasy XV

Rise Of The Tomb Raider

Super Lucky’s Tale

For Honor

What headsets do your u guys suggest for ps4? I have some already but no mic as I got them for watching tv since I have shitty hearing.

Ok. Just ordered the Audio-Technica m50x. I will also get the 700x at some point, but went with these because I wanted to order some skins to personalize them. I am kicking myself a bit because the 700s are def better for gaming, but since I plan to order those in a few weeks, I think I have enough headsets(5) at this point to satisfy any need.

V-moda m100 or the Crossfade wireless 2. One of the best mid-tier audiophile headphones out there, can be used for gaming or music(best for music though) But playing games with my m100 set in games like battlefield 1, explosions are like no other, gun shots wizzing by you can be heard with ease, things being blown up in the distance no problem, it does slightly lack in the sound stage when people creep up slowly behind you if there is a lot of other explosions going on, but if there isnt too much else going on, its no issue.

Price will kill your wallet, but these are one of the best head-phones on the market. The custom printing is free unless you want the shield plates to be like solid 24k gold, platinum, diamonds ,etc(they go up to around 30,000 dollars if you want precious metals lol)

http://v-moda.com/crossfade2-wireless/

http://v-moda.com/crossfade-m-100/

and the Boom pro mic is pretty good, my friends say is crystal clear, but loud, so i had to adjust the Mic monitoring

http://v-moda.com/boompro-microphone/

Ok. Just ordered the Audio-Technica m50x. I will also get the 700x at some point, but went with these because I wanted to order some skins to personalize them. I am kicking myself a bit because the 700s are def better for gaming, but since I plan to order those in a few weeks, I think I have enough headsets(5) at this point to satisfy any need.

How were the Sennheisers on the Xbox? Is the volume still kind of low? Mine don't get as loud as I'd like. My cheap $10 earbuds go much louder. I'm wondering if I need an amp but I really don't want more wires and crap around me.

V-moda m100 or the Crossfade wireless 2. One of the best mid-tier audiophile headphones out there, can be used for gaming or music(best for music though) But playing games with my m100 set in games like battlefield 1, explosions are like no other, gun shots wizzing by you can be heard with ease, things being blown up in the distance no problem, it does slightly lack in the sound stage when people creep up slowly behind you if there is a lot of other explosions going on, but if there isnt too much else going on, its no issue.

Price will kill your wallet, but these are one of the best head-phones on the market. The custom printing is free unless you want the shield plates to be like solid 24k gold, platinum, diamonds ,etc(they go up to around 30,000 dollars if you want precious metals lol)

http://v-moda.com/crossfade2-wireless/

http://v-moda.com/crossfade-m-100/

and the Boom pro mic is pretty good, my friends say is crystal clear, but loud, so i had to adjust the Mic monitoring

http://v-moda.com/boompro-microphone/

I have heard good things about V-Moda, but upon researching, found them too expensive for my tastes. Granted, I have spent quite a bit buying five pairs in the last few months, dropping that much on one set made me nervous. I was not crazy about the shape at first, but the options available make those headphones very sharp.

I have heard good things about V-Moda, but upon researching, found them too expensive for my tastes. Granted, I have spent quite a bit buying five pairs in the last few months, dropping that much on one set made me nervous. I was not crazy about the shape at first, but the options available make those headphones very sharp.
From an audiophile standpoint if you are ever interested, they really are a great headphone(with a lifetime warranty) and built to " Beyond Military-Level Quality MIL-STD-810G Test Standards" and they really do feel sturdy despite how the design looks. They also are heavier then they look and the Crossfade wireless 2 are High-res certified.

The M100s are more bass heavy, very full, the mids are amazing, and the highs are on point as long as there is no bass going on at the same time, otherwise it can distort do to the sound stage being narrow. It could use a better sound stage, but you would need a openback, but then would be limited to indoor use and these are more versatile, and can be used on the go, for gaming, music, etc.
Best for electro, metal, rap, reggae, anything with bass or crisp highs. They are honestly surprisingly good with acoustic too.

The Crossfade wireless 2 are 100 percent more neutral and meant for the serious audiophile(not like the m100s arent, but they just arent as neutral. These would be used if you were into serious video editing or wanted the most neutral sound V-moda offers.
Best for any genre, but lacks in bass compared to the m100s, and while it has aptx is only high-res in cable mode.
aptx-hd is the next step.

Great headphones if you can ever give them a session.

How were the Sennheisers on the Xbox? Is the volume still kind of low? Mine don't get as loud as I'd like. My cheap $10 earbuds go much louder. I'm wondering if I need an amp but I really don't want more wires and crap around me.

I run all of mine through the Astro mixamp, so volume is definitely not an issue. The only set I ever had that issue with was the arctis 7s, which were way too quiet. Like really quiet.

From the three days that I have used them, the sennheisers are very nice. I expected them to be more comfortable, though. Same with the beyerdynamic 990s. They look so comfortable, and they really are, just not that much more than anything else. Honestly, the Plantronics Rig 800 are more comfy, as are the astros, which i did not recall them feeling so nice.

As for sound,the 598’s are fairly flat, with a bit more base. Not as much base as the beyers, though. The superlux are super sharp treble wise, and my least comfortable pair. I am excited to try my audiob tech m50x when they arrive on Thursday. Still want the 700s, as they are considered one of the best for FPS, which is what I play. But the m50 were lower than I have seen them and the 700s are always around 100

I run all of mine through the Astro mixamp, so volume is definitely not an issue. The only set I ever had that issue with was the arctis 7s, which were way too quiet. Like really quiet.

From the three days that I have used them, the sennheisers are very nice. I expected them to be more comfortable, though. Same with the beyerdynamic 990s. They look so comfortable, and they really are, just not that much more than anything else. Honestly, the Plantronics Rig 800 are more comfy, as are the astros, which i did not recall them feeling so nice.

As for sound,the 598’s are fairly flat, with a bit more base. Not as much base as the beyers, though. The superlux are super sharp treble wise, and my least comfortable pair. I am excited to try my audiob tech m50x when they arrive on Thursday. Still want the 700s, as they are considered one of the best for FPS, which is what I play. But the m50 were lower than I have seen them and the 700s are always around 100

Your amp connects to the xbox directly or the controller jack? I'm too far from my Xbox to connect an amp to it. An extension cord would be too annoying.

Picked up some Astro A50s and I like them. My old headset was the siberia x300. I paid like $52 after tax for the siberias which were refurbished and $345 for the astros which were new. Almost $300 more. The x300s were in perfect condition.

There is much less bass everything sounds more clear.

The wireless is good on the Astros but its not BT. I would advise against buying any headphones that dont have BT. Im limited to pc/xbox use. Would have liked bt for tv and phone use.

I should have waited for siberia 840s to come down in price or something but i had no patience.

Im looking to buy another pair strictly for movies and music.

I hear good things about sennheiser rs 195s and moda crossfade 2 wireless or some higher end sonys.

Ive heard peope say the sound quality are on par or better than bose but in my experience no headphones are as good as bose. People have told me over the years this or that is better than bose but not once has it ever been true.

Skeptical to buy anything but bose qc35s

Last edited:
G933s are pretty good

Cloud X headphones are nice

Get some 7.1 surround cans! Something like the Corsair RGB Void Pro. They are amazing for gaming / watching TV / movies.

Picked up some Astro A50s and I like them. My old headset was the siberia x300. I paid like $52 after tax for the siberias which were refurbished and $345 for the astros which were new. Almost $300 more. The x300s were in perfect condition.

There is much less bass everything sounds more clear.

The wireless is good on the Astros but its not BT. I would advise against buying any headphones that dont have BT. Im limited to pc/xbox use. Would have liked bt for tv and phone use.

I should have waited for siberia 840s to come down in price or something but i had no patience.

Im looking to buy another pair strictly for movies and music.

I hear good things about sennheiser rs 195s and moda crossfade 2 wireless or some higher end sonys.

Ive heard peope say the sound quality are on par or better than bose but in my experience no headphones are as good as bose. People have told me over the years this or that is better than bose but not once has it ever been true.

Skeptical to buy anything but bose qc35s

I really did like the a-50s, but the mic did not work every time and I found it annoying. I did the updates, but it did not fix the problem. Had the mic worked, I would have kept the 50s instead of trading them for 40s just to get the mixamp to drive my other headsets.

What started all this for me was the claim that the sound was sooo much better with just headphones. I would say the a50s, turtle beach 800 elites, hyper x, and rig 800s are the comparable gaming wise. I do notice a big difference when listening to music.

So, I got the m50x today. They are ok for gaming, better for movies, and damn! For music. I can see why people are so damn passionate about these.

They are so fucking clear, I can hear so many different instruments that I did not hear before.

I have no idea what is going on. I had the pic posted, now it says it is too large and removed the media. Uggghh

Never mind. Figured it out.

Back