best no gi leg lock system dvd today

tekkenfan

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
hey the last few years leg locks have been a huge thing in the no gi world i knew my basics on leg locks but id like to really start to learn the set positions more ways of hitting them from single leg x and all the new positions i plan to eventually go to nyc to visit at renzos gym to get a few privates with the guys so before i go id like to have a great understanding of there basic positions so i get the most out of it so with that being said what in your opinions are the bets leg lock no gi instructionals today?

I don't know if they are any 'good' because I'm a novice in leg locks but you can check out stephan kesting modern leg lock formula and craig jones attacks from down under. The dvd set contains 4 or 5 dvds and I'm sure you can learn a lot from it.

Craig Jones DVD seems pretty good at a glance. It's biggest advantage over the modern leg lock formula is that it's made by an actual high level leg lockers as opposed to some random no name guy.

If you have the money get Kestings Modern Leglock Formula first because it is pretty basic and structured so you get an understanding of the whole game.

Then get Craig Jones ( I love them) for more advanced stuff. Jones isn´t that systematic but shows a real fighting approach of Jones favorite techniques. So basics + Jones is awsome

yeah i got craig jones coming soon was curious what else or if thats basically covers all the good stuff

I just started looking at Jones' stuff on the grapplers guide and was wondering how much overlap it has with his DVD. Anyone know?

Also, I would consider giving Reilly Bodycomb's Top Rock and Top Rock: Turbo a look. That's where I started learning leg locks and it's a cheap and informative way to get started.

I agree with this. I don't have the Kesting Modern leglock dvds(I want to purchase eventually when it goes on sale) but I have Craig Jones dvds and I only looked at the 1st dvd so far and I can say, its way too advanced for me at the moment.

I have Jay Wadsworth dvd on leg locks and its more novice friendly and easier to understand. He shows how to do the leglock when your trying to pass guard when someone is playing knee shield/half guard.

Craig Jones' set is what you need.

It's awesome and detailed on all the major stuff but it also isn't over complicated and it's very applicable.

Best set on leg locks at the moment and I've been an instructional purchaser for a decade.

I just started looking at Jones' stuff on the grapplers guide and was wondering how much overlap it has with his DVD. Anyone know?

Also, I would consider giving Reilly Bodycomb's Top Rock and Top Rock: Turbo a look. That's where I started learning leg locks and it's a cheap and informative way to get started.

i started watching his stuff back in 2009 but havent really looked much since

What important stuff is Jones missing?

I don't think he's missing much. There's no a section that goes through each major leg lock position, in order, explaining the control points for each, and the breaking mechanics for the heel hook from each.

But it does cover most of that stuff throughout the first 2 of the 4 total sets. I am trying to not be biased because I've done some seminars with DDS guys and I had a solid heel hook base going into this set. At the same time I tried to look at it as if I was begginer and I don't think it's way too far over anyone's head with one caveat.

If your gym culture isn't into heel hooks then you got to have a friend or two at your gym at the very least to work this stuff with. Many of the drills and sequences shown on this or any other heel hook DVD can't easily be done in a gym with a rigid policy against heel hooks as well as no one there that will buddy up with you in embracing and learning this stuff.

It's a solid 4 or 4.5 out of 5 star instructional.

yeah i got craig jones coming soon was curious what else or if thats basically covers all the good stuff

I really liked Roli Delgado's Legal Leglocks which tells you all you need to know about finishing the straight ankle lock at a high percentage, especially in the gi. Also you can probably find it for only $20 if you get it on demand.

I really liked Roli Delgado's Legal Leglocks which tells you all you need to know about finishing the straight ankle lock at a high percentage, especially in the gi. Also you can probably find it for only $20 if you get it on demand.

Luiz Panza has a DVD (as well as free stuff on youtube) and is *the* guy to watch for ankle locks in the gi.

Kesting has way more positions and explains the positional hierachy. Secondary attacks, a lot of stuff you may want to use or not but it gives you a great picture of the whole modern game.

Jones is more his advanced stuff of his personal favorites. Great stuff but still pretty advanced and missing a lot of basic positioning from Kesting. On the other hand Kesting doesn´t have the advanced stuff Jones has. So both go very well hand in hand.

By the way Bodycombs stuff is awsome too and so is Roli Delgado togehter with Kulikov. Even Josh Hayden has some good stuff on his DVDs...

hey the last few years leg locks have been a huge thing in the no gi world i knew my basics on leg locks but id like to really start to learn the set positions more ways of hitting them from single leg x and all the new positions i plan to eventually go to nyc to visit at renzos gym to get a few privates with the guys so before i go id like to have a great understanding of there basic positions so i get the most out of it so with that being said what in your opinions are the bets leg lock no gi instructionals today?

Rousimar palhares greatest highlights DVD ..all you need

Don't you need Rousimar supplement to make use of his game to full potential?

exactly he wasnt super duper technical being 5 foot 8 and 220 pounds of roided muscle means when you grab a leg it is yours i know certain guys who beat black belts in gi matches with leg locks who are only really high level blue belt technique but just grab that leg and its theirs

Best I have watched:

Bodycomb

Modern Leg Lock Formula

Craig Jones

The best to learn the different positions will be from Stephen Kesting.

I liked Josh Haydens DVD too, but he doesn't go over all the positions.

Craig Jones disc 4 is the bee's knees, but like others have said, it's not for beginners.

Back