Mikey Garcia: Before I Leave 135, I'll Fight Linares in The Summer

Thank you sir. Appreciate it. Not cool from Mikey, he knew that would make him look good in the public's eyes and it looks like it just backfired.

No problem, here was Mikey's response btw:

upload_2018-1-9_17-12-56.png

He doesn't need to back down, we just make him look unreasonable and show his personal dislike for Lomachenko for what it is.
I know what you mean, been in my share of debates with Sean, guy won't budge. He's a formidable opponent when it comes to these types of things. He did seem to come around a bit with Matty and GGG, two of my favorites, tho, so maybe in a couple years you'll get a complement about Loma from him. He was right about Danny beating him tho, I'm still salty about that loss to this day.

I know what you mean, been in my share of debates with Sean, guy won't budge. He's a formidable opponent when it comes to these types of things. He did seem to come around a bit with Matty and GGG, two of my favorites, tho, so maybe in a couple years you'll get a complement about Loma from him. He was right about Danny beating him tho, I'm still salty about that loss to this day.
I think Seano likes fighters as they get older. Seems to be always against hte young guns until they're old. I can respect that.

I think Seano likes fighters as they get older. Seems to be always against hte young guns until they're old. I can respect that.

Except for Bhop. No matter how old Bhop gets, Seano will always dislike him. But yeah you might have a point there, old ppl like their own.

nice almost a year ago. he sure has been quiet lately
This is more recent and also explains why a fight with Garcia isn't on the immediate horizon due to Garcia. Skip to 8min to get to the relevant bit.

nice almost a year ago. he sure has been quiet lately

He's been asking for the Mikey fight and Arum challenged Mikey to a summer showdown. Mikey responded "Hell yeah" but the WBC is ordering him now to fight Linares in the summer.

Loma-Rigo post-fight press conference last month. He was asked by a media member who he wanted the most. He thought about it and said "Maybe Mikey Garcia. Yeah, Mikey".

He's been asking for the Mikey fight and Arum challenged Mikey to a summer showdown. Mikey responded "Hell yeah" but the WBC is ordering him now to fight Linares in the summer.

Loma-Rigo post-fight press conference last month. He was asked by a media member who he wanted the most. He thought about it and said "Maybe Mikey Garcia. Yeah, Mikey".

Nice one. I knew he'd mentioned him more recently, it's just hard remembering where. It's also pretty clear from what Lomachenko says that he thinks Garcia will be easy work for him.

Linares wins rounds early, but Garcia wears him down and stops him late, IMO.

As for Loma, he'd better take a warmup fight at 135 before he fights the likes of Garcia or Linares.

Linares wins rounds early, but Garcia wears him down and stops him late, IMO.

As for Loma, he'd better take a warmup fight at 135 before he fights the likes of Garcia or Linares.

He'll probably fight Beltran for a title after Beltran beats Paulus Moses in february.

Back