TJ Dillashaw throws Conor under the Bus ('Afraid to Fight')

No, it really isn't. It's bonkers how many people have no fucking clue what P4P means.

P4P means if they were the same size, who would win. That's it. It's just a hypothetical means of determining the best fighters, or fighter, regardless of weight.

Exactly this.

Two 155’ers fighting at 170 isn’t moving up to WW to fight.

Needs to fight wonderboy, lawler,maia woodley etc.
Nate Diaz has fought at 170, and the fight was at 170. Plus, Conor was at 145 and moved up to 155 and beat the accidental champion of that division.

He still did more than what TJ is trying to accomplish. P4P moves up, and not down. LOL

So, you want to beat on a smaller guy to claim a legacy. LOL

At least Conor McGregor moved up to 170 and fought, lost and won. That is a much better way of building a legacy.

If you want to build a legacy, call out Max Holloway. p4p is for people who move up weight, not down.

Funny... conor has spent the majority of his career until recently making killer weight cuts in order to have a major size advantage over his smaller opponents

Nate Diaz has fought at 170, and the fight was at 170. Plus, Conor was at 145 and moved up to 155 and beat the accidental champion of that division.

He still did more than what TJ is trying to accomplish. P4P moves up, and not down. LOL

And Conor cuts more weight to make 155 than Diaz does so what is your point?

At least Conor McGregor moved up to 170 and fought, lost and won. That is a much better way of building a legacy.

If you want to build a legacy, call out Max Holloway. p4p is for people who move up weight, not down.

Before he went up in weight Conor starved himself probably more than TJ will starve himself to make weight when he is going down.

If TJ would have starved himself more in the beginning of his UFC career and would go up now he would build a legacy, but the other way around it will not be, while the end result is exactly the same?

“This is a way to put a stamp on my legacy. I was a little hurt losing that split decision [to Dominick Cruz] and not being on a 13-fight win streak and being called the pound-for-pound best in the world.

In my mind, I should be No. 1. So it comes down to beating Demetrious Johnson to prove I’m the best, and it’s a huge thing for my legacy to be the double champ in two weight classes.
{<huh}So why not chase a rematch with Cruz?

Silliness.

Conor started at 155, then went down to 145, which is the lowest weight he can make, went on a run, beat the P4P number 1 at the time, and went back up to 155.

TJ started at 145, wants to go down to 135, which is the lowest weight he can make, fight the P4P number 1, and then come back up to 145.

Don't try to muddy the waters with the Nate Diaz fight. Nate's a LW.

C7D8508C-501D-432C-A0C6-5F7793E35C48.jpeg

not to be a dk butt another conor thread?

What are his notable fights at 170? Yeah that’s what I thought.
He is not considered a 170 fighter he’s considered a 155’er.

Gsp just got the title at MW, do you consider him a 185’er or a 170’er?

If woodley has gone to fight gsp at 185, would you have considered that moving up to 185, or just two 170’ers fight at 185

i wish someone would tell dj this. no one cares about him now, and no one will care about him at all until he challenges himself and moves up.

Funny... conor has spent the majority of his career until recently making killer weight cuts in order to have a major size advantage over his smaller opponents
That is a different argument. Aldo was using IV bags to recover pre-USADA. If he is a true 145, why did he need all those IV bags, and why has his ability to fight for more than 3 rounds deteriorated? (the same thing is happening with Chris Weidman, Johny Hemdricks and many more)

Conor fought at 145, became champion. Moved up to 155, became champion. Moved to the UFC, became champion at 145. Then he moved up to 170, and he is 1-1. Then he came down to 155, and became champion. Went to a different sport, and did OK (depending on how one feels).

Based on this evidence, we can reasonably say that if it was possible for Conor to maintain his athletic ability while moving up to 185 or 205 or 265, on any given fight night, he could beat who ever is the champion in those divisions and become champion.

Conor is a true P4P fighter. I am not the biggest Conor fan. But, I go with logic and evidence, the evidence shows that the guy can fight at reasonably higher weight classes.

TJ going down to 125, is weak evidence for his claim to P4P. If he moved up a weight class, like Conor has done, then he would have a more legitimate claim.

P4P is for fighters who move up, and not down.

Fought a career LW at 170 because said career LW was literally on a party boat in Cabo when he got the call and couldn't make 155 in time for the fight.
He fought at 170. Twice. It happened. We saw it happen, and there is recorded evidence of it. This is the truth.

Now, we can all choose some alternative meanings of the truth. However, the truth is the truth.

He beat Nate

"I will active defend my belt!"

Gets the belt, goes to a different weight class.

<Fedor23>

i wish someone would tell dj this. no one cares about him now, and no one will care about him at all until he challenges himself and moves up.

DJ fought very successfully at 135 for years as a part time, undersized fighter.

Don’t listen to that snake in the grass

Connor is currently a case of "It's hard to get motivated to fight, train hard, make sacrifices, and put your reputation on the line when you have like $50 or $100 million in the bank." He was hungry to fight anybody, anywhere when he was low on funds and making his way up. Now he can just sit and do nothing but have fun with no consequences. He needs another MASSIVE pay day to make those sacrifices and take those chances unless he somehow loses most of his money. He also has bargaining power as he knows that UFC PPV w/ Conor sell way more than ones without him. With his current financial situation the UFC needs him more than he needs the UFC.

DJ fought very successfully at 135 for years as a part time, undersized fighter.

that was a long time ago. all i'm saying, is that people shouldn't be surprised when people blame dj for not being popular. it's his own fault for choosing to not challenge himself and move up. it has been evident for a while that no one cares about him at flyweight.

He fought at 135 and only lost twice (clearly because of size and strength deficit, guys had to lay-n-pray on him to beat him). He has already proven he is a P4P fighter.

Now, he is fighting at a reasonable weight for him (125). Even there, he is one of the smallest fighter's in the division. The guys has no problems making 125. He doesn't need to starve during fight camps, and he doesn't need exotic supplements to make weight.

DJ is a P4P fighter. TJ needs to move up and prove his P4P worth. He just wants to attach himself to DJ's legacy.

I like TJ Killashaw too, and I think he is one of the most complete MMA fighters. However, I am not going to bend the rules for him. P4P is for fighters who have demonstrated they can be successful at higher classes.

A small fighter can only get so big. So, if he can prove he can move up a reasonable weight class, then we can reasonably assume if he was much bigger, he would still maintain the same level of success. That is how boxers understand p4p, since they invented, I am going to go with their understanding.

Floyd Mayweather is p4p boxer because he start at smaller weight-classes, and moved up with the same level of success. So, if it was possible for Floyd Mayweather to an athletic heavyweight, we can reasonably hypothesize that he would beat the current heavyweights and those of his prime.

That is P4P. You don't prove much going down a weight-class. Only that you can beat smaller guys.

Back