UFN 124 - Stephens vs Choi - St. Louis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah. I was the same. Wikicapped/went from memory and thought Cummings'd be a good shot.

Then I actually watched his stuff and it's like... This dude is essentially a mediocre Patrick Cote clone who's picked on some mediocre opposition lately. Both of his subs have been by scrambling on a dubious takedown by a guy that couldn't hang on the feet with him, and I don't believe he can outstrike Alves. I don't see the offensive takedown game to get Alves down, and I don't see the power or striking nous to really trouble him. I mean, Alves was like 2.9 to Perry 6 months ago so it might be that the books know something I don't about his decline, but I don't see how a healthy Alves has much trouble with Cummings.

Cummings' striking is definitely a lot more limited than i thought! I guess this comes down to how badly faded you think Alves is, but he definitely looked pretty good last time out. Maybe the Jim Miller fight is a reason? Alves is actually younger than Cummings but has been fighting since 2001 albeit he has been pretty inactive recently. There may be a post USADA fade going on too and Cummings will be a lot bigger but then I guess so was Cote.

All right sherbros, I'm gonna drop some real talk right now. I'm up over 9K in 2017 from combined gambling, I don't really give two shits if you don't believe me. Unfortunately, I titled off the ~$800 I was up on MMA in December, mostly on Cub Swanson and Lamas.

Cub and Lamas losing really kicked me right in the dick. In effect, I have adjusted my estimation for when featherweights are out of prime back a few years (it's around 30 now, whereas it was closer to 33 before).

I may not be a big fish compared to you MMA sharks, but I'm going to turn my small MMA winnings from 2017 into a decent little bank roll. Either that, or blow the MMA roll trying.

Anyhoo, I'm hungry to make some cash back and I think some of the best bets on this card are:
O1.5 Choi/Stephens hedged with Choi KO R1 and Alves dec.

Last edited:
Cummings' striking is definitely a lot more limited than i thought! I guess this comes down to how badly faded you think Alves is, but he definitely looked pretty good last time out. Maybe the Jim Miller fight is a reason? Alves is actually younger than Cummings but has been fighting since 2001 albeit he has been pretty inactive recently. There may be a post USADA fade going on too and Cummings will be a lot bigger but then I guess so was Cote.

Testosterone will initially drop drastically when a male cycles off, it will then tend to stabilise towards a normal level after 1 - 2 years, unless a person has really abused the special sauce or has unlucky genetics...just saying...

Also, cutting to 155 was completely stupid for Alvez, don't put too much stock in his performance against an (underrated) Jim Miller.

Alves hit the juice pretty hard I think...

zhgoE2L.jpg

Best bet on that fight is the over IMO, got 2u on that at -150

Last edited:
For those with hours to kill at work - predictions

Stephan Bonnar / GambLou / Fight Talk / Before the Battle / ZeeMMA

For those with hours to kill at work - predictions

Sebs Show / MMA Kelton / MMAAnalysis / Edge Fantasy

No one told me my fight is on Sunday until fight week, was a surprise, still need to cut weight, just not as much, would love to be in the WWE, got my blue belt in Gracie Barra Portland, head coach is cornering me this week, I'm dieting but I really want Taco Bell right now, my book comes out in April, after the weight cut, I'm going to eat macaroni and cheese, I've asked DWTS about a redemption series, I want to be on it, I'm 133 right now, new gym, new team

Serra says Johnson could have even more cardio issues at 145, could hurt him, predicts 3rd round finish for Elkins

Vitor - This is my retirement fight, after this I will put my body to rest, my body needs to rest, I have other things, I want to help the sport, do other things, it's about time to end, I have kids, I want to walk away start the second journey of my life, I'm opening a franchise, my businesses, go out there and give my best, Tristar has been great, get out of my comfort zone, the body needs to rest, I have other things to do

Robin Black has a nice interviews on YouTube with Choi. I’m not sure how much weight they carry, as Black is very complementary. Still after listening to those and Heavy Hands and some Stephens interviews I’m getting a feeling that there’s a good chance that Stephens is overconfident and will be surprised by Choi’s approach and will fall into defensive patterns and get ko’d R3/4. #doomsayer

No one told me my fight is on Sunday until fight week, was a surprise, still need to cut weight, just not as much, would love to be in the WWE, got my blue belt in Gracie Barra Portland, head coach is cornering me this week, I'm dieting but I really want Taco Bell right now, my book comes out in April, after the weight cut, I'm going to eat macaroni and cheese, I've asked DWTS about a redemption series, I want to be on it, I'm 133 right now, new gym, new team

Just like I thought

Dwts redemption

New book.

Wwe

Move closer to home

Not cutting as much weight

Yea sure, you sound really hungry for the 125lb strap. Ultra focused. So honed in you dont even know you’re fighting on a Sunday

The queen of the trailer park ain’t worried about book deals and tv shows and boyfriends. Pvz is a big name for her to get a big win against

Last edited:
Just like I thought

Dwts redemption

New book.

Wwe

Move closer to home

Not cutting as much weight

Yea sure, you sound really hungry for the 125lb strap. Ultra focused.

The queen of the trailer park ain’t worried about book deals and tv shows and boyfriends. Pvz is a big name for her to get a big win against

Thought exactly the same reading that summary. The Bogan Queen's only goal is to smash PVZ. You better believe she knew that the fight was Sunday because she's been looking at that date on her calendar since the fight was booked.

belfort sounds like he could be going into this fight injured.

Thought exactly the same reading that summary. The Bogan Queen's only goal is to smash PVZ. You better believe she knew that the fight was Sunday because she's been looking at that date on her calendar since the fight was booked.

The best part was the "nobody told me my fight was on Sunday". How tf do you not know when the date of your fight is?

I wanted to go heavier on Jess, but I couldn't find any tape of her and her fiances fight..

I want to See her losing. Im SO sick of this #$@#. Jessy for the win

Vitor says he will retire after this fight if he doesn’t get 10 mil per fight

Opening gym franchise on monday

“It’s time to rest my body”

I want to See her losing. Im SO sick of this #$@#. Jessy for the win

You might want to wait until the public gets on the line. Already down to evens. Good chance we see a + next to Jessy a few hours before the event.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back