The 2017 Heavies Awards - Best Walkout Song of the Year - Winner: Techno Syndrome (Mortal Kombat)

2017 Best Walkout Song of the Year

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The original UFC walk out song should be used again by somebody.....just for shits!!!

No walkout songs really stuck out to me this year. Andrade with the DBZ theme was pretty awesome, Till with Phil Collins was great for some reason. I always liked TJ's RHCP walkout for some reason.

Few will ever beat Rockhold coming out to Johnny Horton - The Battle of New Orleans, when he beat Bisping IN Britain a few years ago though. For those that don't know the song, it's an old military march type song about beating the British in the last major battle of the War of 1812, and it was really fucking badass to not only play that in Britain, but absolutely destroy Bisping.

I wish Matt Hughes would walk out at times..
Dreadful choices except the obvious..
Murphy's..

No walkout songs really stuck out to me this year. Andrade with the DBZ theme was pretty awesome, Till with Phil Collins was great for some reason. I always liked TJ's RHCP walkout for some reason.

Few will ever beat Rockhold coming out to Johnny Horton - The Battle of New Orleans, when he beat Bisping IN Britain a few years ago though. For those that don't know the song, it's an old military march type song about beating the British in the last major battle of the War of 1812, and it was really fucking badass to not only play that in Britain, but absolutely destroy Bisping.

The fight with Bisping took place in Sydney, Australia though. But it was still satisfying to see him walk out to that and then proceed to wipe the floor with Bisping.

She stopped using "Harvester of Sorrow" in 2016, something about legal issues getting the rights to the song. Thanks Lars. She switched one time to "Walk" by Pantera, and for her last two fights she has walked out to "Bodies" by Drowning Pool.

Yeah, I'm not a fan.... but I like her walkout choices.

Joanna - Rena gosc. Gutek - Przejmij ster w swoje dlonie

Aspen Ladd - “Promotory” from Last Of The Mohicans

My two favorites... now that Faber and Condit's walkouts don't exist anymore

now that ... Condit's walkouts don't exist anymore
Broke my heart when they ganked Condit's usual pick of Rage or Tool and replaced it with that garbage song from that garbage netflix movie. I was so hurt.

Broke my heart when they ganked Condit's usual pick of Rage or Tool and replaced it with that garbage song from that garbage netflix movie. I was so hurt.

My interest in the UFC for the most part has been on a steady decline for a while now... But when that music started it took it to a whole new level.

One of the biggest scumbag moves the UFC has ever pulled as far as I'm concerned. It was absolutely disgraceful, and they haven't caught near the amount of shit they should have for it.

They literally could have done that for ANY other fighter on the card, and I think it would have pretty much gone unnoticed.... Some walkouts you just don't fuck with.

Carlos even brought back the old tradition of wearing headphones.... gee.... I wonder what he was listening to.

I wonder what he was listening to.
This, most likely.

But yeah, stealing walkout songs to advertise garbage movies is not the way to go. If you did that, take someone's walkout song that used a generic garbage popular song now like "Last Breath" or something else. Cough.

Since we're on the subject, @jeicex ....

Is there a comprehensive list anywhere of all the walkout songs from past events anywhere? I've been watching every major card ever on Fightpass, starting at the beginning... I'm up to UFC 99, and I try to dub in the right entrances from Youtube since shitty UFC has their generic bullshit versions instead of the originals (assholes)

I know about mmaentrances.com but it's missing quite a bit. Do you know of any other sites to help fill in the blanks? Thanks a bunch.

Is there a comprehensive list anywhere of all the walkout songs from past events anywhere?
There is not. I made my own database over the course of several years of research, fight watching, interviews and other discussions with fighters. I would argue my database is among the most complete out there and yet it's still missing a tremendous amount of music. Right now, I have about 5500 songs recorded on my database.

I have reached out to the UFC sound guys over the years and have gotten little back from them.

There is not. I made my own database over the course of several years of research, fight watching, interviews and other discussions with fighters. I would argue my database is among the most complete out there and yet it's still missing a tremendous amount of music. Right now, I have about 5500 songs recorded on my database.

I have reached out to the UFC sound guys over the years and have gotten little back from them.

Figures they're far too busy to worry about the fans, haha. I've always loved the entrances... its a shame UFC never really gave a shit for the most part.

If you want me to listen closely as I progress through the events and try to pick out some of your missing songs I can... sometimes I can figure it out through what they've dubbed over.... other times its hopeless. Feel free to shoot me a message with what you're missing post UFC 99 if you want.

Other: GSP walking out to Afro Trap vs Bisping. Fucking badass.

This is a remarkably close poll. The first and second are separated by just a couple votes, and we're tied for third. Thrilled to see no one really liked the song I threw on the list not because it was a good song (it's terrible) but only because the fighters liked it.

latest

Shipping up to Boston is a god tier walkout song.

The night Forrest came out to this and Rampage came out to the Roy Jones song was the peak for MMA walk outs. So good.

I wish Matt Hughes would walk out at times..
Dreadful choices except the obvious..
Murphy's..
Damn I get chills just thinking about Matt Hughes and country boy can survive. And boy did he prove it.

Back