TJ Dillashaw throws Conor under the Bus ('Afraid to Fight')

So, you want to beat on a smaller guy to claim a legacy. LOL

At least Conor McGregor moved up to 170 and fought, lost and won. That is a much better way of building a legacy.

If you want to build a legacy, call out Max Holloway. p4p is for people who move up weight, not down.
Oh God ... So much to say but why bother. Over 20 people liked this bs?

Yea TJ wants to go down and fight the smallest fighter on the roster. You notice he doesn't say shit about going up to 145 and fighting Max Holloway.

Because MM is talked up as P4P GOAT and not Holloway which is ridicoulous.
But as TJ also will defend his belt I dont know what the problem is. He is NOT fighting the smaller
fighter if they weigh in the same. That would be at catchweight or 135 but definitely not like that.

Nate Diaz has fought at 170, and the fight was at 170. Plus, Conor was at 145 and moved up to 155 and beat the accidental champion of that division.

He still did more than what TJ is trying to accomplish. P4P moves up, and not down. LOL

SO your saying we should push for TJ VS DJ at 170 then the Winner of that it true P4P GOAT as either one just beat a WW?

TJ has been absolute joke since Conor burned him and took his manhood on live tv. It just shows how much power Conor has. One slur can end your career or turn you into public joke. Just watch what happened to Jeremy Stephens. Just imagine if Conor insults Khabib's stupid wig. He won't wear that shit after that anymore guaranteed.

conor-mcgregor-ufc202-post-750.jpg

Conor really tries way too hard sometimes.

edit: And I don't care if those are some 5K GUCCI glasses. They're ridiculous.

SO your saying we should push for TJ VS DJ at 170 then the Winner of that it true P4P GOAT as either one just beat a WW?
We should push for TJ vs Max. That is a p4p fight. Even GSP said "I don't call out fighters from smaller division. It is like bullying." I agree.

P4P is a smaller fighter who moves up to a higher weight class (a reasonable move up), and if he also succeeds in that division, then we can say "You know what, if Fighter A was 265 lbs, he would be a HW champion. Why? because he started at 125 and he won. He moved up to 135 and he won. He moved up to 145, and he won. So, if there was a USADA friendly way for Fighter A to move up to 155 and 170, he would probably continue winning. So, P4P, he is the best fighter."

This is what P4P means. It is an hypothesis of what a smaller fighter could have achieved, if it was possible for him to fight at way bigger classes, based on the success he had in higher weight classes that were reasonable for his frame.

Going down a weight class doesn't make you a p4p fighter. I like TJ Killashaw, but I am not going to move my goal post, just because he is one of my favorite fighters to watch. He ain't right with this one. He wants to attach himself to DJ's name, instead of taking the bigger challenge of creating his own legacy by stepping up to Max Holloway.

Just my opinion

We should push for TJ vs Max. That is a p4p fight. Even GSP said "I don't call out fighters from smaller division. It is like bullying." I agree.

P4P is a smaller fighter who moves up to a higher weight class (a reasonable move up), and if he also succeeds in that division, then we can say "You know what, if Fighter A was 265 lbs, he would be a HW champion. Why? because he started at 125 and he won. He moved up to 135 and he won. He moved up to 145, and he won. So, if there was a USADA friendly way for Fighter A to move up to 155 and 170, he would probably continue winning. So, P4P, he is the best fighter."

This is what P4P means. It is an hypothesis of what a smaller fighter could have achieved, if it was possible for him to fight at way bigger classes, based on the success he had in higher weight classes that were reasonable for his frame.

Going down a weight class doesn't make you a p4p fighter. I like TJ Killashaw, but I am not going to move my goal post, just because he is one of my favorite fighters to watch. He ain't right with this one. He wants to attach himself to DJ's name, instead of taking the bigger challenge of creating his own legacy by stepping up to Max Holloway.

Just my opinion
His goal should be to string together some title defenses. Then when you look unbeatable (which is basically him beating Dom and Garbrandt back to back), then a super fight makes sense.

At least Conor McGregor moved up to 170 and fought, lost and won. That is a much better way of building a legacy.

If you want to build a legacy, call out Max Holloway. p4p is for people who move up weight, not down.
He fought a 155 fighter. They just agreed to not cut weight.
And that 155 fighter is a journeyman with a 19-11 career record.
Conor got embarrassed in the first fight, then managed to eke out a close descision in the 2nd fight by literally turning his back and running away in the last rounds.
Some legacy.

I like TJ Killashaw, but I am not going to move my goal post, just because he is one of my favorite fighters to watch. He ain't right with this one. He wants to attach himself to DJ's name, instead of taking the bigger challenge of creating his own legacy by stepping up to Max Holloway.

He's sort of shat on the FLW division by saying there's no one left for Johnson to fight there. As it stands now, that is the case, so if he fights and wins the FLW belt, he has to promote that division/his opponent.

I get that fighter's are ultra competitive and a little loopy in their own way, but the reasons for wanting to fight Johnson come off a bit weird, imo. Garbrandt was talking about fighting Johnson - who seemed to be on board with that one - after he was originally supposed to fight Dillashaw, and in the mean time Dillashaw and the UFC wanted him to fight Johnson - which is where Johnson was most likely looking for a financial guarantee that if Dillashaw missed weight he would receive his show money - a lot more than what he gets paid, I'd bet.

I reckon Dillashaw thinks this is a 'money fight' and while I'd definitely watch it, I wouldn't be too disappointed if it didn't happen. I think you're right in that fighter's create their own legacy and Dillashaw is talking about defending both belts, but when he was asked for how long he'd do it, he didn't make it sound like a long term plan as he brought up the obvious in that for fights at 135 he's going to bulk up - and is currently putting on muscle - and then cuts down if he goes to 125.

I reckon if it all goes to plan and he fights and beats Johnson, he fights at 135, goes down to 125, has one defence and vacates that belt.

Conor went up in weight & destroyed the lineal World LW champ

TJ is moving down in weight to hunt a mouse​

no, tj has been fighting bigger guys all along when he could make the cut to djs class the whole time. having proved himself at 135 hes going after the goat in 125

conor fought aldo straight outta auschwitz and then finally succumbed to the pleas of his head coach and nutritionist and went up to LW. as far as conor at 145 goes i guess you could say "never again"

IMG_20161107_153334.png

usa-today-8688451.0.jpg

He doesn't HAVE to fight. That's the difference.

fighters dont have to fight either. its not the only job in the world.

you wanna know what the real difference is? the most money conor ever made was as a loser. there was no way he was ever beating floyd, and the money he made showing up to lose to floyd is multiple times all his career earnings from winning. since all he cares about is money, this leaves him in an awkward situation, doesn't it? why try to win when you are paid much more to be a loser?

You're making absurd jumps in logic based on a mere timeline difference. Assuming TJ can make 125, and win, he's accomplished the exact same thing as Conor:

Both won a belt at the absolute lowest weight possible.
Both won a belt at the next weight up.

You're really going to try to claim that if TJ had fought MM first and then moved up that somehow makes it a different sort of accomplishment?

If that's the case, then what are we to make of MM? He LOST at 135 before moving down.

And again, Nate is a LW. Let's not keep trying to make that a thing, as if TJ fighting Neck Tats at 145 inste besad of 135 would have somehow made that same win over that same guy any more impressive (let alone fighting some mid top 10 ranked bantamweight at 145).
Exactly. So everybody that is using this argument now is basically saying Couture was lame for going down to LHW to win the belt after he won the belt at HW first, or Machida and Evans winning the LHW title, then going down to MW. No one thinks less of these fighters, but because TJ has the nerve to try and pick a fight with MM and can possibly beat him people trying to paint it like it's a punk move.

If Frankie Edgar wins the 145 title people will put him back in their G.O.A.T discussions. I get what you're saying though.

Because MM is talked up as P4P GOAT and not Holloway which is ridicoulous.
But as TJ also will defend his belt I dont know what the problem is. He is NOT fighting the smaller
fighter if they weigh in the same. That would be at catchweight or 135 but definitely not like that.

LOL, really, MM is not smaller than TJ? Listen, just because they weigh in the same doesn't mean they are the same size. If TJ wants to impress he should go up and fight Max Holloway, not go down and fight 5'3" Mighty Mouse.

TJ is lambasting Conor for not defending, having himself just won the belt only to start canvassing for a fight in another division?

Seems legit.

Back