War Room OT Discussion v4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Err... did you have a bad experience recently?

No, I was watching the show Shark Tank where people pitch their ideas to investors. This guy wanted to teach people how to do that. He demonstrated on them. Tied their hands with tape and then the twist ties. That could save your life. He probably knows a lot more shit he keeps secret or you have to pay for. I guess it is kind of like a gym or self defense center.

He is former CIA agent. I was impressed how easily he broke that tape. The investors on the show were impressed too.

No, I was watching the show Shark Tank where people pitch their ideas to investors. This guy wanted to teach people how to do that. He demonstrated on them. Tied their hands with tape and then the twist ties. That could save your life. He probably knows a lot more shit he keeps secret or you have to pay for. I guess it is kind of like a gym or self defense center.

He is former CIA agent. I was impressed how easily he broke that tape. The investors on the show were impressed too.
its pretty easy to google all that info.. all he did was put it in one place... like those "secrets of real estate" courses you see at 3am

i saw that episode... didnt he end up NOT getting a deal?
edit he wanted 100k for 15% and ended up losing 45% of his company for 145k

its pretty easy to google all that info.. all he did was put it in one place... like those "secrets of real estate" courses you see at 3am

i saw that episode... didnt he end up NOT getting a deal?
edit he wanted 100k for 15% and ended up losing 45% of his company for 145k

I think he got it. And that does seem like a problem but the same could be said about any kind of self defense or martial arts. Why have a personal trainer when all the shit is on the internet? Why go to a gym? I am personally a person who would learn that stuff on youtube but many people wouldn't. They want the hands on experience. Like I can learn everything about Yoga and Tai Chi without paying anything. Yet yoga studios are all over.

I said this to a guy who bought some book on stocks and investing recently. You could just get it for free. But people do buy it. It is like a textbook. It is organized in a professional way. Like Lecture Series from the teaching company. Instead of jumping around different videos I get a whole set of lectures that logically follow each other by experts. I pirate those too

Last edited:
I know the new year has started for awhile but I truly do feel fortunate and happy with what I have around me, including this community, a place for you and me.

Cheers all

I know the new year has started for awhile but I truly do feel fortunate and happy with what I have around me, including this community, a place for you and me.

Cheers all

Good intentions but bad delivery. I think you meant to post this:

This leftover bottle of nog says Woody Guthrie.

This liqueur kills fascists.

So tell me what I see
When I look in your eyes
Is that you baby
Or just a brilliant disguise

I want to know if it's you I don't trust
'Cause I damn sure don't trust myself

Tonight our bed is cold
Lost in the darkness of our love
God have mercy on the man
Who doubts what he's sure of

I think he got it. And that does seem like a problem but the same could be said about any kind of self defense or martial arts. Why have a personal trainer when all the shit is on the internet? Why go to a gym? I am personally a person who would learn that stuff on youtube but many people wouldn't. They want the hands on experience. Like I can learn everything about Yoga and Tai Chi without paying anything. Yet yoga studios are all over.

I said this to a guy who bought some book on stocks and investing recently. You could just get it for free. But people do buy it. It is like a textbook. It is organized in a professional way. Like Lecture Series from the teaching company. Instead of jumping around different videos I get a whole set of lectures that logically follow each other by experts. I pirate those too
Preppers love crap like this

I think Leben was the only fighter I was a fan of that I'd get triggered when people went after him. That fight he didn't answer the bell I got so pissed at some of the comment people made about him. I can't imagine someone wanting to go to the heavies regularly if that were a typical event to happen to them. Like penn fans, I have no idea why they enjoy that diehard loyalty and anger towards those who question it.

BJ Penn and Nick Diaz are two guys that come to mind who are uniquely defensible for uniquely over-exaggerated criticism because of the arc of their careers. Both are considerably better than their records let on in my opinion, particularly BJ because of his unreal strength of schedule. Frank Shamrock too, actually.

The easiest fighter, of course, to be irrationally defensive of is Fedor Emelianenko.

Kongo? Don't know if he ever got that level of praise. Shit, I think Pat Berry got more hype(albeit in a smaller window of time) than Kongo ever did.

Losing to Herring and then later on, Mir, kind of killed any potential big hype Kongo would've ever had. Solid mid-card talent, with gatekeeper hype to match, as far as I see it.

Gonzaga was the ultimate new-era HW hype machine, but it was well-deserved imo. Carwin, Kongo, and Lesnar? Not so much.

This prodigious HW talk reminds me of the fact that I really wish Daniel Cormier had never left the HW division. Imo, as great as he's been at LHW, he has never looked as impressive at LHW as he did against Barnett and Antonio Silva.

Gonzaga was the ultimate new-era HW hype machine, but it was well-deserved imo. Carwin, Kongo, and Lesnar? Not so much.

Gonzaga's hype period was brief and funny. When he KO'd CroCop, it made sense. Great BJJ game and a dangerous striker. He was favored over both Couture and Werdum (in their rematch). But at that point, I think it was clear that he wasn't that good.

I think Carwin had the most empty hype. The third-best win of his career was probably over Sherman Pendergarst. His performance against Lesnar was embarrassing, and he was uncompetitive against JDS.

Gonzaga's hype period was brief and funny. When he KO'd CroCop, it made sense. Great BJJ game and a dangerous striker. He was favored over both Couture and Werdum (in their rematch). But at that point, I think it was clear that he wasn't that good.

I think Carwin had the most empty hype. The third-best win of his career was probably over Sherman Pendergarst. His performance against Lesnar was embarrassing, and he was uncompetitive against JDS.

I mean, I will absolutely grant that Carwin had what he was marketed as having: incredibly powerful arm punches, which tends to come with big hands and short arms. But even if you bought his hype, it seemed obvious that he would likely be embarrassed by a fighter with actual striking technique and takedown defense.

I distinctly remember Cain and Carwin coming up at the same time, and thinking it humorous how Carwin was getting the attention when Cain was obviously a prodigy of sort and Carwin was a middle aged hobbyist with big hands. Cain absolutely was a new generation of heavyweight. And if he ever gets back to full health, I'd favor him substantially over any of Stipe, Werdum, Overeem, etc. A healthy Cain vs. Ngannou is one of the few MMA matches that could be made that I would really, really look forward to.

I mean, I will absolutely grant that Carwin had what he was marketed as having: incredibly powerful arm punches, which tends to come with big hands and short arms. But even if you bought his hype, it seemed obvious that he would likely be embarrassed by a fighter with actual striking technique and takedown defense.

I distinctly remember Cain and Carwin coming up at the same time, and thinking it humorous how Carwin was getting the attention when Cain was obviously a prodigy of sort and Carwin was a middle aged hobbyist with big hands. Cain absolutely was a new generation of heavyweight. And if he ever gets back to full health, I'd favor him substantially over any of Stipe, Werdum, Overeem, etc. A healthy Cain vs. Ngannou is one of the few MMA matches that could be made that I would really, really look forward to.
Cain is shot, bro.

This prodigious HW talk reminds me of the fact that I really wish Daniel Cormier had never left the HW division. Imo, as great as he's been at LHW, he has never looked as impressive at LHW as he did against Barnett and Antonio Silva.

As much as it pained me...

dan-henderson-teeth_large.0_standard_783.0.jpg

Facebook stock is getting crushed. That makes me happy.

Facebook ( FB ) said it is making major changes to its News Feed, prioritizing personal posts from family and friends over videos and posts from businesses and news media.

In a blog post, co-founder and Chief Executive Mark Zuckerberg said the sweeping changes are being made to "encourage meaningful interactions between people," even as he acknowledged it may hurt the company's bottom line.

Facebook has gapped open sharply lower Friday morning and is now down 9.31 at $178.45. The stock has fallen to nearly a 2-week low.

http://www.nasdaq.com/article/faceb...r-announcing-news-feed-changes-20180112-00390

STFU Zuckerberg. lol at "meaningful interactions". There are more meaningful interactions on Sherdog.

Facebook stock is getting crushed. That makes me happy.

Facebook ( FB ) said it is making major changes to its News Feed, prioritizing personal posts from family and friends over videos and posts from businesses and news media.

In a blog post, co-founder and Chief Executive Mark Zuckerberg said the sweeping changes are being made to "encourage meaningful interactions between people," even as he acknowledged it may hurt the company's bottom line.

Facebook has gapped open sharply lower Friday morning and is now down 9.31 at $178.45. The stock has fallen to nearly a 2-week low.

http://www.nasdaq.com/article/faceb...r-announcing-news-feed-changes-20180112-00390

STFU Zuckerberg. lol at "meaningful interactions". There are more meaningful interactions on Sherdog.
i am sure zuck will backtrack to keep the masses (his investors) happy

i am sure zuck will backtrack to keep the masses (his investors) happy

Well that fucker has sold tens of millions worth of stock in the last few months. They have been downgraded by some people. Some are saying buy cuz it is low. But I aint. This is bad for them.

Marketers expect the latest overhaul will go even further, making it virtually impossible for Facebook users to see companies’ organic posts—those distributed by brands without paying to promote them. That will likely drive up ad prices and push companies to consider other advertising vehicles on Facebook beyond the news feed, some ad buyers say.

“It’s simple mathematics for a display business: Less time on Facebook and fewer ads can only mean that the ads that do show are more expensive,” said Paul Mead, chairman of London-based media agency VCCP Media.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/market...il-in-the-coffin-for-organic-posts-1515785725

They don't have much expanding to do either. I sold today. Not FB. Sold that long ago. Sold Apple. Ollies and others today. Sell when people are euphoric. When prices are up. I am waiting for Boeing to dip. That stock is on fire.

Also:

Facebook spent $8.4 million on lobbying last year, and its Political Action Committee is giving more to Republicans than Democrats this cycle.

I also just read that Facebook personally sent employees to Trump's team to show them how to maximize their efforts during the election

The Trump presidential campaign spent most of its digital advertising budget onFacebook, testing more than 50,000 ad variations each day in an attempt to micro-target voters, Trump’s digital director, Brad Parscale, told CBS’s 60 Minutes in an interview scheduled to air on Sunday night.

“Twitter is how [Trump] talked to the people, Facebook was going to be how he won,” Parscale said.

Facebook provided Trump 2016 with employees who embedded in the campaign’s digital office and helped educate staffers on how to use Facebook ads, he said. Because he “wanted people who supported Donald Trump”, Parscale said, the Facebook employees were questioned on their political views.

Trump campaign is smarter than I thought. They got a nice 1-2. The Twitter is the jab and Facebook for the knockout.

Hillary should get this tattooed on her somewhere:

Lao Tzu — 'There is no greater danger than underestimating your opponent.'

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back