• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PUO3

You are a can.
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score

Guess hes PR person told him this was fucking stupid to say before a playoff game lol.

I hope it doesn’t come to that, but I would definitely consider it,” Bell told Jeremy Fowler of ESPN.

He wants a long-term deal in Pittsburgh or elsewhere, leaving the Steelers with a decision.

Bell earned $12.1 million on the franchise tag in 2017. That number projects to around $14.5 million for next season. Bell, who, in the offseason, turned down a deal worth up to $30 million in the first two years, via Fowler, said the Steelers need to “value” him.

“Just get the numbers straight, exactly where we want them,” Bell said. “I’m not going to settle for anything. I know what I do and what I bring to the table. I’m not going out here getting the ball 400 times if I’m not getting what I feel I’m valued at.”

Bell, 25, earned first-team All-Pro honors after rushing for 1,291 yards on 321 carries and catching 85 passes for 655 yards. He scored 11 total touchdowns.

Bell told Fowler if he sits out the 2018 season, he is unlikely to return.

“It will eventually come down to me playing on the tag or not,” Bell said. “They tag me again, it will be me [saying], ‘OK, do I want to play on the tag or do I not want to play on the tag?’ That’s what it comes down to. If I was a free agent and they let me go, be a free agent, then yeah, I’m going to go explore free agency, test the market.”

Talk about something dumb to say during playoff time.

Someone should remind him that the $15m they offered him works out to $1200/yd that he gained this year.

Just sayin'

Give that man his money.

With the contracts the Steelers have signed for next season, they have less than $4.5 million to sign players with, including Bell and draft choices.

I'm all for Bell leaving Pittsburg, somehow I don't see it happening.

I always liked Breesus so I'm rooting for him to get one more ring.

Sticking with the Vikings. Brady is going to have that front seven dragging their nuts across his face all day long if they meet in the Super Bowl.

Toughest hurdle is this weekend for them and I think they're a better team than when they beat the Saints this year.

It is Minnesota though so I'm sure some inexplicable bullshit will befall them. Still would be cool to see them get a chip, especially hosting the SB.

Pats all the way. It's their turn this year.

Worth pointing out that Bell averaged 4.0 YPC this year, it was under 4 the entire season until the last 2 games of the year. Not saying he isn't still elite, just a down year rushing the ball. His value is obviously as a pass catcher, gimme Dion Lewis for half the price.

Give that man his money.
If he were a Bill what would you really want them to pay him?

Granted I know you and I tend to side with players getting paid. Still have to operate the team within a cap.

Worth pointing out that Bell averaged 4.0 YPC this year, it was under 4 the entire season until the last 2 games of the year. Not saying he isn't still elite, just a down year rushing the ball. His value is obviously as a pass catcher, gimme Dion Lewis for half the price.
Not sure it serious.

How over 400 touches is even comparable to a 4 rb timeshare is truly beyond me.

If he were a Bill what would you really want them to pay him?

Granted I know you and I tend to side with players getting paid. Still have to operate the team within a cap.
I'd want hiim to get paid or leave and get paid. But I think 20 is a little unrealistic, he's not getting that anywhere. Certaintly deserves to get paid more than the top WR's though.

I'd want hiim to get paid or leave and get paid. But I think 20 is a little unrealistic, he's not getting that anywhere. Certaintly deserves to get paid more than the top WR's though.
Hed have to get over 16.2 mil per year for 5 years to be paid more than the highest paid WR.

I tend to agree with you but Im not sure Id want my team to pull that trigger either. Its an interesting thought. He produces significantly more than any receiver. On the other hand, he plays with the best receiver in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back