TJ Dillashaw throws Conor under the Bus ('Afraid to Fight')

So, you want to beat on a smaller guy to claim a legacy. LOL

At least Conor McGregor moved up to 170 and fought, lost and won. That is a much better way of building a legacy.

If you want to build a legacy, call out Max Holloway. p4p is for people who move up weight, not down.
haha owned.

He fought a 155 fighter. They just agreed to not cut weight.
And that 155 fighter is a journeyman with a 19-11 career record.
Conor got embarrassed in the first fight, then managed to eke out a close descision in the 2nd fight by literally turning his back and running away in the last rounds.
Some legacy.

Are we still talking about this? Jesus Christ

rsz_screen_shot_2016-09-30_at_125108_pm.png

hqdefault.jpg

What the actual f**k am I looking at?

At least Conor McGregor moved up to 170 and fought, lost and won. That is a much better way of building a legacy.

If you want to build a legacy, call out Max Holloway. p4p is for people who move up weight, not down.
you mean he moved up to his natural weight class

you mean he moved up to his natural weight class
It wasn't always his natural weight class. At some point Conor McGregor was a 145 fighter, and he made the weight reasonable well. Then his body grew and couldn't shed the water as easily. So, he accomplished his goals at 145, and moved up to 155.

To say that "155 was his natural weight class" is misleading, because it ignores the fact that at some point, it wasn't. The dude was a scrawny little guy. Then he grew and he had to move up.

I can't dock him points for that. Floyd Mayweather was a little guy (more little), then he grew, and he had to move up. That is how it is done.

TJ is taking months off his life to go down to 125. That is ridiculous, because normally, we put on more weight as we get older, so moving up a weight class is a "natural" progression. In my opinion.

I disagree. P4P fighters move up and show they can beat naturally bigger guys. Conor showed that he can beat a bigger. TJ wants to prove that he beat a smaller guy.

They are going in completely opposite directions, so how exactly is it the same thing?

Conor moved up and still dwarfed Alvarez. The size difference between MM and TJ is probably similar to Conor and Alvarez actually.

It wasn't always his natural weight class. At some point Conor McGregor was a 145 fighter, and he made the weight reasonable well. Then his body grew and couldn't shed the water as easily. So, he accomplished his goals at 145, and moved up to 155.

To say that "155 was his natural weight class" is misleading, because it ignores the fact that at some point, it wasn't. The dude was a scrawny little guy. Then he grew and he had to move up.

I can't dock him points for that. Floyd Mayweather was a little guy (more little), then he grew, and he had to move up. That is how it is done.

TJ is taking months off his life to go down to 125. That is ridiculous, because normally, we put on more weight as we get older, so moving up a weight class is a "natural" progression. In my opinion.
Fair point...

remember the uproar when anderson wanted to fight gsp (a smaller guy)?

Would you change your opinion if TJ killed himself earlier in his career to do 125 first?

And would you give him credit for beating someone like Caraway or Lineker at 145?

Because that would be the equivalent of what Conor did if TJ can make 125.

As this fits to my other post. If TJ can make 125 now it's quite reasonable to assume he could have done it earlier in his career. And if he can do it now he is closer to that weightclass than Conor is to FW at this point.

Generally I would agree that moving down is the wrong direction. But Conor imo is not the best example to give.

Guys who did fight at a weightclass and against guys much bigger than them are Hendo, Mousasi, Lyoto etc. Conor had one fight above his weightclass against a ballooned up LW. It's a good one but not comparable to those other guys.

And TJ has fought guys bigger than him as well.

TJ has been absolute joke since Conor burned him and took his manhood on live tv. It just shows how much power Conor has. One slur can end your career or turn you into public joke. Just watch what happened to Jeremy Stephens. Just imagine if Conor insults Khabib's stupid wig. He won't wear that shit after that anymore guaranteed.

WTF are you on? TJ just won a belt by beating a huge rival and is now going to fight an all time great. "Took his manhood"??Calm the fuck down.

TJ is already at an optimum weight class where he fights guys his size and doesn't need to drop insane amounts of weight.You can even say he is small for bantamweight. If TJ moved up, he would be at an incredible size disadvantage. He wouldn't still be bigger like Conor.
Because Mendes, Edgar, Bermudez and Aldo have had issues with size at FW? Being they are similar size as TJ. Reality is, the kid thinks moving down in weight is going to make him some mythical p4p, when he hasn't defended the belt, and only did so in the past against the man he won it from and Soto.. not exactly the resume to be p4p.

Gtfo, conor wanted to fight a smaller retired guy in another sport over building an actual legacy
Conor moves up when there is nothing for him to put at stake, he's never even had to risk losing shit, he'd rather fuck around than defend a title and risk something

Would you change your opinion if TJ killed himself earlier in his career to do 125 first?

And would you give him credit for beating someone like Caraway or Lineker at 145?

Because that would be the equivalent of what Conor did if TJ can make 125.

If he initially fought at 125lbs, became the champ, and then moved up to 135lbs and became the champ then yes. That's actually the equivalent of what Conor did.

Lol @ moving up to 170. He fought Diaz, a LW who wasn’t top 5 and not in training camp the first time they fought

Precisely. Jones is the perfect example in MMA.

Using jones is actually one of the worst examples considering the majority of his success was predicated on size and peds.

remember the uproar when anderson wanted to fight gsp (a smaller guy)?

Remember when gsp fought the first half of his career at mw then moved down to ww, kinda how mm went from bw to flw? Or what about when tj went up to fw 3 times like anderoid who fought at lhw?

Last edited:
when he hasn't defended the belt, and only did so in the past against the man he won it from and Soto.. not exactly the resume to be p4p.
He did defend against Soto in hours notice(Not every champ would take that risk),defeated Barao after and ''lost'' a close fight to Cruz.Defeated top contenders back to back and won the belt from Cody Garbrandt.P4P material for sure if you ask me.

Because Mendes, Edgar, Bermudez and Aldo have had issues with size at FW?
Don't they? They are pretty small for FW except Aldo.

Last edited:
If TJ was getting paid 50k/50k (equivalent of what UFC probably wants to sign conor for) would he still be defending his belt?

Back