Update: Pettis Reportedly Ducking Mairbek Taisumov (Again)

Original post:
http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/r...discussed-for-ufc-fight-night-london.3689369/

NEW POST:

This would make it 2 years straight Pettis refusing to fight Taisumov:

@Arkridge @Jackonfire @VVarhead @mooseman17 @tehMoose

This is getting ridiculous. How is the biggest fight promotion in the world unable to make people fight?
He probably gets another unranked guy and people will continue to say "he only fought nobodies"....

I really hope he gets a Top 15 guy in London.

Last edited:
not too surprised. Taisumov is a killer and no disrespect to Pettis but he's on slight slide at the mo

If he doesnt get a top 15, theres no hope left. How many people gotta get knocked the fuck out before he gets someone ranked.

Fuck this, this is getting ridiculous. How is the biggest fight promotion in the world unable to make people fight?

He probably gets another unranked guy and people will continue to say "he only fought nobodies"....

Looks like Pettis hasn't changed one bit.

Now its "Taisumov: Anothony Pettis is Scared of Me "...

Good fight, Pettis is never afraid of a challenge, look out.
<{ByeHomer}>

Taisumov can't catch a break. The top 15 avoids this dude like the damn plague.

Pettis isn't looking for his pink slip yet

Anyone who thought this fight would happen might be insane

To be fair

Pettis is on his way out, Mairbek will likely knock him out, ending his UFC career

But it’s fucking ridiculous they can’t give this guy a top 10 opponent at this point

This is getting ridiculous. How is the biggest fight promotion in the world unable to make people fight?

The ufc, or any other promotion on the planet can’t mske anyone fight, nor should they be able to. If they offer you a fight in a certain month or place and you don’t want to fight st that time, you don’t have to accept it. It would be ridiculous if they told you that you have to fight on a certain date and can’t refuse.

Also, why would Pettis accept a fight with this guy a year ago? He’s s former champion and a big name still, and until a month ago, I’ve never heard of this guy.

Also, why would Pettis accept a fight with this guy a year ago? He’s s former champion and a big name still, and until a month ago, I’ve never heard of this guy.

Just because you've never heard of him doesn't mean he shouldn't fight a big name at some point or another in his career. I'm sure there's plenty of people who've never heard of you either.

Taisumov is on a 5 fight winstreak and deserves a Top 15 opponent. Its how you climb the ladder, by beating someone above you. If Pettis doesn't want to fight thats on him, but the fans will make their own opinions about fighters refusing to fight or defend against a challenger.

It's fine Pettis ducking these young killers

But he has to stop pretending he's relevant in the title picture and the rankings because he isn't
And he's just taking up space

If he wants to fight the jim millers whatever
But it's when he keeps harping on about titles i just face palm

I don’t blame him and UFC is really trying to have Pettis beat into retirement.

Just because you've never heard of him doesn't mean he shouldn't fight a big name at some point or another in his career. I'm sure there's plenty of people who've never heard of you either.

Taisumov is on a 5 fight winstreak and deserves a Top 15 opponent. Its how you climb the ladder, by beating someone above you. If Pettis doesn't want to fight thats on him, but the fans will make their own opinions about fighters refusing to fight or defend against a challenger.
You’re right. Plenty of people haven’t heard of me which is why I wouldn’t be offended if they turned down a fight with me. I’m not saying this guy doesn’t deserve one, or won’t ever get one, but he shouldn’t be shocked that big name people turn a relatively unknown, dangerous guy such as himself.

I know it is the angles and all, but in the first pick it looks like Mairbek has no neck, and in the second pick it looks like he has the neck of Brock Lesnar.

That’s really weak sauce from pettis and the rest of the top 10 ranked fighters.

Maybe check what gaethje is up to if he isn’t under medical suspension?

Imagine what it would be like if he ufc could make Conor fight.

Back