Do people honestly consider Jones the GOAT or are they just trolling?

Did you forget the part where JJ popped for PEDs? If you did, maybe you caught it the second time.

If someone hasn't been caught using PEDs, they can still be in the discussion. Trying to discount an entire era based on hearsay is stupid and disingenuous.
There is this thing called "Due Process", maybe you forgot Jon doesn't live in a third world country. A hearing on the outcome of his failed test is set for sometime this month. That's where we will find out if there was any other reason than cheating for those PEDs to be in his system. Knowingly cheating and ingesting it without knowing are two different outcomes under USADA.

They're all on PEDs.

If you thought Jones was the GOAT before, him failing a test is a pretty silly reason to disqualify him.....

I say this as someone that doesnt have him in my top 3....

That's fine at least you use sound judgement and come to the conclusion based on facts and fights. There is an actual argument for his place in the top P4P list or GOAT list with some good contenders - eliminating him from it is just retarded.

There is this thing called "Due Process", maybe you forgot Jon doesn't live in a third world country. A hearing on the outcome of his failed test is set for sometime this month. That's where we will find out if there was any other reason than cheating for those PEDs to be in his system. Knowingly cheating and ingesting it without knowing are two different outcomes under USADA.

Which is it? You dismissed all of Pride without failed tests, much less due process. Hypocrisy much?

He is the undisputed GOAT.

Can't believe ther're people still trying to convince others that all he's done in the octagon was not that of a GOAT.

He can test positive for smoking baby ashes next. Until what he's done in the octagon has been replicated, he's the goat

So basically, no one from PRIDE, Elite Xc, WEC, StrikeForce or Bellator can be the GOAT?
Taking steroids in Pride wasn't cheating.
Taking steroids in the UFC is cheating.
Different orgs, different rulesets.

Of course someone from Pride can be GOAT.
And someone is. Fedor.

How is he not the GOAT?

Explain. Don't give me any USADA bullshit.

He's got the best record and most dominant championship victories.

Yes he is an utter shitstain of a person, and if not for his gifted physical abilities he'd be dead or serving a long stretch behind bars.
Because he’s a cheater.

Which is it? You dismissed all of Pride without failed tests, much less due process. Hypocrisy much?
No, reading comprehension isn't your strongest point is it?

I was setting up the argument that OP was making that, "USADA proved Jon Jones to be a drug cheat" - when in fact THEY HAVE NOT (yet).

So by that posters logic, the mere suspicion from USADA was enough to call him a cheater so the absence of USADA must be worse by that posters logic - i was suggesting that he should eliminate all PRIDE vets which he obviously would not.

And once again, personally - I would not eliminate anyone from the discussion due to suspected or actual PED use. Not at all.

Taking steroids in Pride wasn't cheating.
Taking steroids in the UFC is cheating.
Different orgs, different rulesets.

Of course someone from Pride can be GOAT.
And someone is. Fedor.
So its fair to allow PED use in PRIDE and be considered GOAT of all MMA when your competition can't take PEDs or at least need to be careful?

I don't know, for the Pro USADA people it might make sense.

They are just trolling or they believe everything the UFC tells them.

I think DC smashes Jones if they are both clean or both dirty. Or better yet, imagine if DC had roids in his system and imagine Jones was clean.

The real GOAT is still Fedor. 10 years undefeated. 30 fight win streak. Was on top of the greatest HW era in MMA history. Beat all the top contenders. The ones he didn't fight were beaten by Nog and Cro Cop.

Fedor was 5"11 and 230 fighting at HW (with no weight limit) while Jones is 6"4 and 230 fighting at LHW. I don't discredit Jones for cutting down. 205 is obviously better for him but I can't put him above Fedor who was fighting all the guys that Jones would not.

...Lets face it, his insane run was pre USADA when everyone was roided up and he dominated...He is definitely one of the best fighters of all time, just not a great human being

UFC is/was invested with PEDS. Jones is still the GOAT. I like how his haters act like hes the only fighter who ever cheated. Newsflash, every guy he ever fought was probably cheating as well except for a select few.

They're all on PEDs.

If you thought Jones was the GOAT before, him failing a test is a pretty silly reason to disqualify him.....

I say this as someone that doesnt have him in my top 3....

Even in his first fight versus Cormier which was Pre-USADA, Jon's testosterone was extremely suspicious.

https://www.google.com/amp/m.sherdo...ls-Before-UFC-182-Highly-Suspicious-80631/amp

His brother also failed for PEDs, probably the same drug.

Jon was roiding for a long time. Even if his opponents were too we can see now that Jones is failing while most of them are passing. Maybe the other guys know how to cycle off? Or is it that he just has too much juice in his system? If they all do it, is Jon just too greedy?

How is he not the GOAT?

Explain. Don't give me any USADA bullshit.

He's got the best record and most dominant championship victories.

Yes he is an utter shitstain of a person, and if not for his gifted physical abilities he'd be dead or serving a long stretch behind bars.
why should we overlook his cheating?

if tim kennedy cheatedby using a gun he would be even more dominant that jones lol

Jon Jones is by far the best/truest martial artist weve ever seen in combat sports.

His creativity, fight intelligence and coordination is like something out of a movie, no one has yet to come close.

Hes a colossal fuck up outside of fighting , which is probably corollary to his brilliance as a fighter.

DC, Anderson, GSP are/were all awesome. Hell Royce, Tito, Chuck were too

But Jones is something uniquely special.

JJ is far separated from his 205 landscape. He's significantly better than the rest, he also beat up a bunch of big name fighters.

Better than everyone + stars on resume, it's hard to argue against that, even if those stars were mostly aging fading fighters.

Some may actually believe it. In which case they are just trolling themselves.

Only for the delusionals.

People in their right mind know Fedor is the GOAT.

This.
o59wus.jpg

/thread

Can't believe ther're people still trying to convince others that all he's done in the octagon was not that of a GOAT.

He can test positive for smoking baby ashes next. Until what he's done in the octagon has been replicated, he's the goat

"Baby ashes"????
Yikes lol!

Can you imagine the repercussions from that?

"How can Jones possibly be a great martial artist? He has zero regard for ashes of babies! "

Jones is goat. Just lol if you think GSP was clean (most obvious gyno and gh gut ever seen on a fighter), they were all on shit at one point or another and that's fine.

GSGsMmC.gif
This is it here

{<jordan}

Snorting baby ashes.

It’s so funny how people try to convince themselves that Jones isn’t one of the best UFC fighters of all time.

<JonesDXSuckIt>

There’s a reason you don’t see Cormier complaining, he knows the reality of the sport.

{<jordan}

Snorting baby ashes.

It’s so funny how people try to convince themselves that Jones isn’t one of the best UFC fighters of all time.

<JonesDXSuckIt>

There’s a reason you don’t see Cormier complaining, he knows the reality of the sport.
Well, if DC knew Jones was coming to the fight with roids in his system then maybe DC could have done the same.

You can believe DC takes PEDs if you want but he passed his tests while Jon failed his. Does that mean Jones just had more juice in his system than DC???

It is just ignorant to act like the win at UFC 214 was a huge victory for Jones. He had STEROIDS in his system. DC did not. That victory does not count. Imagine if both were clean or both were dirty.

cheater but still the best talent we have seen in MMA

Back