Update: Pettis Reportedly Ducking Mairbek Taisumov (Again)

The ufc, or any other promotion on the planet can’t mske anyone fight, nor should they be able to. If they offer you a fight in a certain month or place and you don’t want to fight st that time, you don’t have to accept it. It would be ridiculous if they told you that you have to fight on a certain date and can’t refuse.

And this is why fighters shouldn't get paid as much as real athletes. Beyond the fact they don't bring in nearly the amount of revenue. Imagine if the Warriors refused to play any of the great teams because it's not the right time or day or they're scared

And this is why fighters shouldn't get paid as much as real athletes. Beyond the fact they don't bring in nearly the amount of revenue. Imagine if the Warriors refused to play any of the great teams because it's not the right time or day or they're scared

Fighters shouldn't have a say in matchmaking, anyway. Matchmakers make matches, fighters fight.

Of course, the matchmakers have to be good for this to work. And WME hasn't exactly proven that they wanna legitimate the rankings and/or matchmaking.

Pettis is an irrelevant fighter now, way past his prime. He should be looking toward what he's going to do with the rest of his life rather than fighting irrelevant fights. He's a former champion and was once on a Wheaties box. It's a good story to tell the kids. Hang 'em up.

Pettis hasn't been the same since RDA beat the confidence out of him.

I've said from day 1 that Pettis was a ..

would talk shit about aldo and steroids yet when usada arrived, he is the one who has has looked awful

those who talk the most are the ones who usually have something to hide

kennedy...
whineman...

Fighters shouldn't have a say in matchmaking, anyway. Matchmakers make matches, fighters fight.

Of course, the matchmakers have to be good for this to work. And WME hasn't exactly proven that they wanna legitimate the rankings and/or matchmaking.

Although I think a fighter should be allowed to say no, if he does the promoter should either demote him in the rankings or at worst kick him to the curb. Maybe a pay cut, if need be (you're paid to fight, and when you don't your stock should go down).

In boxing, champions have mandatory challengers. And if you don't face them you get stripped by the governing body. In the UFC, champions pick and choose and have no mandatories and duck rightful contenders.

Well this is rather annoying. I'm guessing he is going to be fed a London club fighter to KO.

Meh, better to book another fight NOW than 2 weeks before the event when Pettis pulls out.

I’m hoping to see Aldo vs Pettis at 155 next personally. Taisumov vs Iaquinta would be excellent.

Taisumov needs to make it personal with Khabib. Call him out. Would sell like shit.

cerrone-vs-till-fight-finish.gif

Highlights-Ricardo-Lamas-vs-Josh-Emmett-UFC-on-Fox-26.gif

Established top fighters taking high risk, low reward fights haven't been paying off lately. Pettis might've taken notice.

Taisumov needs to make it personal with Khabib. Call him out. Would sell like shit.

One's the top contender, the other's not even ranked. How'd that sell, it won't even get made. <bball1>Hadn't Kevin Lee been yapping about Khabib for over year already?

People really think Pettis will be released if he loses his next fight? I mean, really? Please, google Josh Burkman. Look his recently UFC record. Now Hector Lombard. Ross Pearson. Artem Lobov. Kailin Curran.

No former champion is being released, Pettis is a top 15 ffs. He's losing to the best guys in the world. Stop being dramatic. Showtime is not going to Bellator..

I’m hoping to see Aldo vs Pettis at 155 next personally. Taisumov vs Iaquinta would be excellent.

These are the kind of fights that need to be made.

Both of these guys have already reached the pinnacle of the sport.

People can talk shit about Pettis but, his wins over Lauzon, Cerrone, then submitting both Benson + Gil were amazing. That run is as impressive as pretty much any at LW to get the belt. He was at one point, one of the elite. Fighters, their bodies, they all fall off. Maybe his did before others of his era but, it doesn't take away he did.

Same for Aldo, one of the best to ever do it. Nothing more needs to be said about that. But, both of these guys are at the tailend of their careers. Both haven't looked as good in recent memory as they did even just a few years ago. Instead of having these guys keep facing the young hungry lions of the game, they should be matched up with other fighters in similar stage of their career.

This fight was supposed to happen years ago, it was a "superfight" then. It'd still be a superfight to me if it happened now.

Also, Taisumov would KO Pettis. and that's the last thing Pettis needs right now. Taisumov should fight someone like Trinaldo or Vick. I'd love to see him vs Raging Al too. I think those are better fights for Taisumov right now anyway and after that a top 10 sounds great.

Shit like this makes me wonder if there is a way to contractually make fighters take fights when they offer them new contracts.

Taisumov and Usman are getting avoided by nearly everyone in their divisions.

It's getting ridiculous.

I think Taisumov said that he will only fight Khabib for the title. And they are kinda related, Taisumov said that Khabib's dad told him that their relative is married to a Taisumov's relative.

Smart move by Pettis!
Otherwise he would be 2-6 in his last 8...

From all the guys, burried on european cards, Taisumov is the most dangerous of them all

Back