Official Women's Division Discussion #25

I know where Amanda Nunes will be a big help
at Invicta is translating for the Brazilians much like
what Kaline Medeiros does.
Uhm.. Her performance as a translator wasn't really good so let's hope not..
Jandiroba teammate with "Demian Maia woman" was even worse tho

Here's a blast from the past: RENA vs Seo-Heo Ham in Shootboxing.

It's currently 10:25EST. I'm contemplating going live on my YouTube channel around 11pm EST to discuss this weekends fights. Is there anything else that anyone would like to see me discuss?

Who you guys like in the PVZ vs. Jessy Jess fight. Fan of both. Don't really want to see either lose. but can't make much of a pick on it. On the one hand, I think Rose Clark has the ability to beat Paige, particularly standing, but I also feel PVZ could end up taking her down and, on the ground, she'll be active in the scrambles and with the ground and pound.

It's also tough cause we haven't seen Paige at that weight and we don't know if she will be better for it with less of a cut.

Former BW x Former SW i've to go with Jessy Jess, but skillwise i think they're at the same page, that is a lot of room to improve and grow.. Both have average striking and a weak ground game.

Chose against going live tonight. not much interest on this and one other forum. I'll do some more research, go live during my lunch break tomorrow.

Who you guys like in the PVZ vs. Jessy Jess fight. Fan of both. Don't really want to see either lose. but can't make much of a pick on it. On the one hand, I think Rose Clark has the ability to beat Paige, particularly standing, but I also feel PVZ could end up taking her down and, on the ground, she'll be active in the scrambles and with the ground and pound.

It's also tough cause we haven't seen Paige at that weight and we don't know if she will be better for it with less of a cut.
My money is on Jessy Jess. Better striking, more aggressive, bigger as she is moving down from BW while Paige is moving up from SW. Paige also left TAM to move home to Oregon where she is now training with her boyfriend. RIP Dwight!

Did you see the expression on McMann's face when she got taken down? Surprised would be the polite way to put it, as the term "panic" has been overused here of late. That was the beginning of the end. McMann has one other issue: she is too nice. She is one of the best athletes in WMMA, but deep down, something limits her from just plain putting a hurting on someone at all costs, which is what she needs to make it to where she could be. Too bad, as I like her.
McMann really underestimated Vieras physicality and ability to wrestle with her, I think. Viera (on paper) is a very good wrestler in her own right, and she seems to be better at fighting through things.

Depends on which PVZ shows up, in my opinion. PVZ has been playing rangey kickboxer, but at that range Jessy Jess is a better striker I think, and probably the hardest puncher PVZ has faced. Jessy should have a strength advantage in the clinch, and I would assume her once poor wrestling game is being fixed at syndicate.

Speaking of camps.. PVZ is not at a well known camp anymore, which might help or hurt, we will see. I do think her lack of a combat sports background hurt her at alpha male.

Swarming Clinch & Volume PVZ might have a chance, as I don't think Jessy can make PVZ pay for running in, and she has been ground out before. Again though, Clark was able to compete somewhat physically with Janay Harding, Pam Sorensen and Pannie Kianzad. All of whom have or do fight at 145. I'm not sure PVZ has that strength (or the technique) to bully Clark. As for volume, Clark has never had a bad gas tank, though it's nothing remarkable either.

PVZ isn't a great fit for Flyweight in my opinion either, she wasn't sluggish or chinny at 115, symptoms of poor weight cuts. And against Rose & Waterson she got outmuscled, so it isn't like she was a huge strong 115er.

McMann really underestimated Vieras physicality and ability to wrestle with her, I think. Viera (on paper) is a very good wrestler in her own right, and she seems to be better at fighting through things.

Depends on which PVZ shows up, in my opinion. PVZ has been playing rangey kickboxer, but at that range Jessy Jess is a better striker I think, and probably the hardest puncher PVZ has faced. Jessy should have a strength advantage in the clinch, and I would assume her once poor wrestling game is being fixed at syndicate.

Speaking of camps.. PVZ is not at a well known camp anymore, which might help or hurt, we will see. I do think her lack of a combat sports background hurt her at alpha male.

Swarming Clinch & Volume PVZ might have a chance, as I don't think Jessy can make PVZ pay for running in, and she has been ground out before. Again though, Clark was able to compete somewhat physically with Janay Harding, Pam Sorensen and Pannie Kianzad. All of whom have or do fight at 145. I'm not sure PVZ has that strength (or the technique) to bully Clark. As for volume, Clark has never had a bad gas tank, though it's nothing remarkable either.

PVZ isn't a great fit for Flyweight in my opinion either, she wasn't sluggish or chinny at 115, symptoms of poor weight cuts. And against Rose & Waterson she got outmuscled, so it isn't like she was a huge strong 115er.

No, at 115 her weight issues were simply a lack of dietary discipline. During her time in the weight class, her body composition changed, and not for the better from a performance stand point.

I guess this means Cyborg is a draw.

Minimum UFC PPV = 100k
Holly = 100k Draw [Did 200k vs GDR(No name) Minus UFC minimum PPV]
Cyborg = 140k to 180k Draw [Did 340k to 380k Minus UFC minimum and the 100k Holly Draws]

In years past that would be an OK at best number but the UFC had a really bad 2017 so I will grade this on a curve with that in mind. In the current PPV climate that is a good to very good number.

Sub 400k isn't enough to bend over backwards for either though, so I wonder how they'll handle her high maintenance demands

Same way they always have..... ignore her bullshit and when they can scrape up somebody who dosen't totally suck and weighs somewhere near 145 they'll make the fight.

Hm... I wonder who it is. I thought she was injured so they used their common sense (for once) and set up McMann vs. Reneau... any ideas on who her opponent is? Glad she still gets to debut and isn't hurt!

I was looking for Pam Sorenson vs Jan Finney earlier today. Ended up watching Sorenson vs Kaitln Young in K1 from Feb 2016. Sorenson had an MMA fight fall through so she took that fight with Young.

Anyways. I decided to look for some other fights. Not much luck yet but this one is an older fight of Lucie Mudrochova (2-0-0) (Czech Republic), bantamweight fight. Mudrochova had a fight in early December I am still keeping an eye out for. Fun if slightly sloppy fight at bantamweight. Interesting to see where Mudrochova goes in MMA.

Still looking for a better version of this fight.

Jessica Delboni (6-0-0) BR vs. Joice Mara (5-2-0) BR Strawweight

A fun little fight. Sloppy at times but these are fairly newish fighters. Second round it looks like the knock each other down while swinging, the floor could have been slippery, but it looked like a double knockdown.

Tarciara Santos (2-1-0) BR vs. Rayanne Leal (1-1-0) BR Strawweight

Tarciara Santos is only 5'0 tall and not thick. I suspect she could fight at atomweight. Good energy and snap from her.

Last edited:
Her history has nothing to do with the request she had, of being tested the same times in camp. Everyone would find it normal if was other fighter. It's something fair.

testing two fighters exactly the same number of times is dumb honestly and a huge failing in an anti doping program.

is too predicatable.. especially when data is published for all to see. athlete could see they had been tested once more than the opponent so would know it wasnt their turn this week.

testing two fighters exactly the same number of times is dumb honestly and a huge failing in an anti doping program.

is too predicatable.. especially when data is published for all to see. athlete could see they had been tested once more than the opponent so would know it wasnt their turn this week.

That whole thing was BS and an exercise in "wagging the dog" (misdirection). As soon as she started on that diatribe, the heat on her and her camp for having a tester arrested died off. Stupid mma media bought it hook, line, and sinker.

Invicta weigh-ins? Anybody?

Edit:

I swear I looked and didnt find it earlier.. oh well.

We're like 2 days away from 13 fights.... nobody better fuck this up.

Back