fighters that cheated in a fight

b0WQR+(1).gif

Cheick Kongo for me. Dude was probably the most blatant cheater I'd ever seen. You know it's blatant when you literally only do it in tough fights and your go to is a knee to the nuts from the clinch.

In instances where the cheater won...

Wanderlei threw in a little headbutt against Mezger in their bout... But Mezger was already pretty hurt by a right hand...

Kharitanov grabbed Russow's gloves to put him in the armbar...

I don't think it qualifies as cheating, but rather as assault. But Palhares deserves to be mentioned as one of the worst competitors to go against, worthy of permanent ban from the sport.

Aldo fence grab against Mendes straight into the knee
That was not straight into the knee. Aldo grabbed the fence, then Chad took him down right after. Then Aldo popped back up and hit the knee

Mike Kyle was almost banned from the sport for this too lol. Did some serious damage to his opponent, basically ruined his career

200.gif
Sims v Mir
213rgr9.jpg

which of course begs the question whether fans see a difference between accidental and purposeful fouls. is it a foul if it's accidental and cheating if it's not? most eye pokes and fence grabs seem to me to be accidental or instinctual, though there are definitely examples of blatantly purposeful. and once it was learned that there is little risk of penalty, examples of fighters taking advantage of the 'gray area' of not knowing whether it may or may not have been accidental or not.

which is why i like Sims v Mir. grabbing the fence in order to stomp the opponents face 4 times....that's not gray area :)

From what i remember Bob Schrijber was one dirty sob

michael mcdonald did one of the worst cage grabs iv ever seen against Masanori Kanehara. he reversed position, then immediately sinks in a rear naked choke. and the ref didnt give a single fuck.

he was losing the whole fight, till he flippeed over from the bottom because of a cage grab.

EDIT he used his toes. nvm i remembered this fight ending differently. although still illegal because he was grabbin the cage with his toes. smart move though

I almost forgot about Gary Goodridge vs Pedro Otavio & the infamous testicle squeeze
& Gerard Gordeau vs Yuki Nakai who ended up getting permanently blinded from eye gouges.

Andrei Arlovski pulled the cage to win his UFC debut against Aaron Brink. Hit a nice armbar, though.

Conor cheated on Dee when he got fooked by Nate.

GreaseSP was pretty weak.

GSPgreasing1.gif~c200

sorry gsp goat fans. dudes a cheat aswell. only reason he wasnt punished is because they ruled it "non intentional, because gsp didnt know his coahes were going to do that".

or in other words, hes to rich to be properly punished

anderson aswell

vdzn2w_medium.gif

Last edited:
I almost forgot about Gary Goodridge vs Pedro Otavio & the infamous testicle squeeze
& Gerard Gordeau vs Yuki Nakai who ended up getting permanently blinded from eye gouges.

Oh, yes, I came here to mention Gordeau. While not as devastating as what he did to Nakai, his biting Royce Gracie's ear was also noteworthy.
From around that period, John Hess was cut of the same cloth (repeatedly fouling a much smaller opponent).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob Gnuheart
Back