***2017-18 NBA Regular Season Thread v5 - Curry is BACK!***

Best PG in the league

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Every damn year there is a circus surrounding LeRoid's team. It doesn't matter who's on the team or who left, same shit new year. Why is it other teams can adjust pretty seamlessly but his teams never do while getting blown the fuck out in games?

there's literally no reason to play him while you have Josh Richardson, who plays to me equitable or better D and can actually shoot/handle/distribute and isn't inept on offense

then again i don't watch many Heat games, you guys tell me

cHeat's performance the past 2 seasons can be directly traced to when _ustise falls out of the rotation and Wyane Ellingoat emerges as a consistent fundamental part of the rotation

'18 season (13-14 w/ _ustise):

cHeat 17-8 when WE plays >24 mins, 7-9 when he doesn't, cHeat 11-3 when WE plays >30 mins

Last season (4-14 w/ _ustise):

cHeat start 5-11, WE inactive all 16 gms

4-7 from gms 17 thru 27 with WE adjusting to the lineup

1-3 from gms 28 thru 31 with WE out

1-9 from gms 32 thru 41 with WE seeing >24 mins in only 3 of 10 gms

30-11 from gms 42 thru 82 with WE playing every game, including 14-2 in the games WE saw >24 mins and 6-1 in games WE saw >30 mins

Last edited:
Klay can't go left strong. You feel me?? That alone disqualifies him from true greatness and leaves him in role pl
despite playing w/ more options in Minny, butler is playing pretty damn well this year too

i've heard he's in MVP convos as well, no clue how true that is

At least butler can go left unlike klay lol

ellington can only do one thing, create space and shoot, but he is pretty damn good at that

You know how ft % is your pet peeve?? Guys who can't drive to their weak hand strong and finish strong are mine. No matter how good they are offensively I always view them as incomplete players

That is just a matter of dedication

Klay can't go left strong. You feel me?? That alone disqualifies him from true greatness and leaves him in role pl

At least butler can go left unlike klay lol
not quite as important when you can shoot as good as him, have like the quickest release ever, and are as good at moving off ball

They have to either play right up on you to prevent the shoot/or close super hard, either one gives you the option to attack right or left. Can't go left hard? pullup after you create space and unleash one of the greatest jumpers of all time

Players like Derozan or the extreme example Lonzo, they can clearly play off more, dictating the necessity to develop that offhand and moves to both sides. It's not like NBA defense post handchecking era do a great job of forcing baseline/sideline unless they're the spurs. Many teams funnel to the middle oddly enough

Sweet Lou only goes one way, but he can shoot also so it works good enough for him

not quite as important when you can shoot as good as him, have like the quickest release ever, and are as good at moving off ball

They have to either play right up on you to prevent the shoot/or close super hard, either one gives you the option to attack right or left. Can't go left hard? pullup after you create space and unleash one of the greatest jumpers of all time

Players like Derozan or the extreme example Lonzo, they can clearly play off more, dictating the necessity to develop that offhand and moves to both sides. It's not like NBA defense post handchecking era do a great job of forcing baseline/sideline unless they're the spurs. Many teams funnel to the middle oddly enough

Sweet Lou only goes one way, but he can shoot also so it works good enough for him

to be a role player or one dimensional guy its enough.

Klay getting doubled all game not being able to go left?? yea, u might get problems Like Lou in the yoffs, check out those numbers. Teams gameplan for your no left ass and shut you down.

I tried to find a Kobe video talking about the most basic ideas of basketball offense. First is being able to shoot, 2nd is going both ways. He says he used ot analyze everybody who couldnt and expose them. You literally shut off half your options by not having a strong weak hand. To me its just a guy who is happy enough being a 3rd/4th option without the dedication to get better at a fundamental skill.

to be a role player or one dimensional guy its enough.

Klay getting doubled all game not being able to go left?? yea, u might get problems Like Lou in the yoffs, check out those numbers. Teams gameplan for your no left ass and shut you down.

I tried to find a Kobe video talking about the most basic ideas of basketball offense. First is being able to shoot, 2nd is going both ways. He says he used ot analyze everybody who couldnt and expose them. You literally shut off half your options by not having a strong weak hand. To me its just a guy who is happy enough being a 3rd/4th option without the dedication to get better at a fundamental skill.
he could also handcheck for the early parts of his career, and they didn't call fouls as hard when they first switched

that changes how easily you can funnel and force people certain ways drastically

I'm not saying you don't have an argument, but I think his level of shooting overrides much of that more than you're imagining. There's only so many shots in a game, and his team is dominant w/ two MVP level players that need the ball. He's worked on offball movement specifically b/c of that. When you spend thousands of thousands of hours on D and shooting you don't realistically have THAT much time/effort towards becoming some balldominant distributor, especially if you have two on your team already.

Much of these same arguments could be levied against Scottie Pippen, he was still an all time great player despite it tho

Clipsters 1 game under .500 with all the injuries. Give Doc coach of the year award already.

BF7zE3d.gif

How many shots does IT miss today?

I remember when he was this good

Damn... Why didn't he go left!

tumblr_nioxwhQ23J1qj9m57o1_400.gif

If he beats you off the left and jams in your face with the right... does that count?

000-3.gif

0d27d4c2-b769-4360-9cf6-14034b9ea785.gif

dr446.gif

So basically he has an elite shot, with elite range, and when you come out to cover him he can beat you off the bounce in either direction, he just doesn't finish overly well with his left hand. It's adequate, just not anything more than that.

LeBitch makes every star teammate worse. This has long been established

Just to make Beri's job easier... here's an example of Klay going left (and failing) lol

6Fc6Qs.gif

OH NOES!

The only direction DeDerp can go in the yoffs is face-down ass-up

Damn... Why didn't he go left!

tumblr_nioxwhQ23J1qj9m57o1_400.gif

If he beats you off the left and jams in your face with the right... does that count?

000-3.gif

0d27d4c2-b769-4360-9cf6-14034b9ea785.gif

dr446.gif

So basically he has an elite shot, with elite range, and when you come out to cover him he can beat you off the bounce in either direction, he just doesn't finish overly well with his left hand. It's adequate, just not anything more than that.
His king Kong chest pumo needs some work.

Maybe the dude should have hated on that first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back