Official Women's Division Discussion #25

Is it just me that gets excited for invicta weigh ins because you just KNOW someone’s gonna miss weight?

Invicta takes making weight very seriously. Julie told me so.

It took her 47 minutes, and she talked about all kinds of other things.... but she finally got to the point. haha.

I'd like to see Nunes step on the scale just out of curiosity.

Tiffany Masters misses. 117+
She sure looked thrilled to be there.

136.7 Pannie Kianzad

Everybody else good.

Pannie should move up. Missed before and she started her career at featherweight anyway.

Also, Nunes looking like a middleweight up there.

New page and new but old fights from Dec. last year.

Gabriela Reis Marçal (2-0-0) BR vs. Erica Leidiane (0-4-0) BR Flyweight fight

Marcal needs a serious uptick in opponents. One sided slaughter feast seen above. She showed enough different strengths to warrant the fight being posted though.

Jennifer Norris (3-2-0) US vs. Jozette Cotton (8-1-0) US at catchweight Cotton missed weight.

I just started watching this one, the action not yet begun, but I figured I would post it before I actually see it. People have an interest in Cotton.

Make way for Uruguay. Xiomara Piriz (4-2-0) UY vs. Brenda Marchessi (0-1-0) AR Strawweight.

--

Good to see the Shanimal Shanna Young (4-0-0) US Bantamweight - Back in training after her long layoff due to injury.

She was released to train back in Aug of 2017. Been training and posting some. We may see her back in action in 2018. Maybe. Best of luck to her.

Montserrat Ruiz (9-0-0) MX vs. Sarai Saenz (2/3-1-0) MX Strawweight Title fight.

Some people might have seen this one but it is worth posting.

Last edited:
It doesn't seem like Felicia nor Pannie like to diet to make weight.

Who you guys like in the PVZ vs. Jessy Jess fight. Fan of both. Don't really want to see either lose. but can't make much of a pick on it. On the one hand, I think Rose Clark has the ability to beat Paige, particularly standing, but I also feel PVZ could end up taking her down and, on the ground, she'll be active in the scrambles and with the ground and pound.

It's also tough cause we haven't seen Paige at that weight and we don't know if she will be better for it with less of a cut.

I picked Jessy Jess to win.

Jessy has been fighting at bantamweight, while Paige is coming up from strawweight.

Jessy is training at Syndicate with solid trainers and training partners, but is Paige really getting the serious training she needs in Oregon? I have my doubts about whether Paige is getting the training she needs.

Last edited:
testing two fighters exactly the same number of times is dumb honestly and a huge failing in an anti doping program.

is too predicatable.. especially when data is published for all to see. athlete could see they had been tested once more than the opponent so would know it wasnt their turn this week.
no, of course wouldn't work like that
lol come on, that's ridiculous

they could test them the EXACT same number of times but in different sequences, like Cyborg-Cyborg-Holm-Holm instead of Cyborg-Holm-Cyborg-Holm.. asking for the same NUMBER of tests it's fair, it doesn't require USADA to test one and then go test the other the next day at all, and we're talking about 6-8 weeks of testing here..

Pannie should be obligated to move up

Hm... I wonder who it is. I thought she was injured so they used their common sense (for once) and set up McMann vs. Reneau... any ideas on who her opponent is? Glad she still gets to debut and isn't hurt!
Could be Bethe Correia, she said that she wanted to be back at February and posted that recently..That would be my guess, Evans-Smith would make sense aswell.

Could be Bethe Correia, she said that she wanted to be back at February and posted that recently..That would be my guess, Evans-Smith would make sense aswell.

I'd be so happy to see Yana destroy Bethe.

Bring back Mazzagatti for a fight.

no, of course wouldn't work like that
lol come on, that's ridiculous

they could test them the EXACT same number of times but in different sequences, like Cyborg-Cyborg-Holm-Holm instead of Cyborg-Holm-Cyborg-Holm.. asking for the same NUMBER of tests it's fair, it doesn't require USADA to test one and then go test the other the next day at all, and we're talking about 6-8 weeks of testing here..

but even testing them the same amount of times its predictable. thats the opposite to what anti doping should be.

drug testing should be unpredictable, thats one of the keys.

the second thing is that its intelligence driven. If fighter "a" samples show suspicious patterns, and fighter "b" samples show nothing abnormal whatsoever, testing them both equally is an utter waste of time and resources.

you must remember, we dont see the lab work, we dont have access to the fighters biological passports. usada will test in line with their passport, intelligence, data based testing.

to simple say test them both the same amount of times would be a total failing of testing strategy

Fair point... she does get in there and throw down.

She just irritates me.

That GKO event with Kal Holliday has been cancelled

So that inter-gender match in Russia happened today. The female fighter won by KO

So that inter-gender match in Russia happened today. The female fighter won by KO

How is this million dollars supposedly being paid out? A dollar a year for a million years?

but even testing them the same amount of times its predictable. thats the opposite to what anti doping should be.

drug testing should be unpredictable, thats one of the keys.

the second thing is that its intelligence driven. If fighter "a" samples show suspicious patterns, and fighter "b" samples show nothing abnormal whatsoever, testing them both equally is an utter waste of time and resources.

you must remember, we dont see the lab work, we dont have access to the fighters biological passports. usada will test in line with their passport, intelligence, data based testing.

to simple say test them both the same amount of times would be a total failing of testing strategy
2 fighters being tested the same amount of times in a 2 month time space doesn't make it predictable, there's a ridiculous number of different sequences that could be used to test them if let's say they are tested 6x for that fight, specially because they don't really know how many times it will be at the end of that camp, making it impossible to prepare for

the second thing you said it's a specific situation, then would be ok to test someone more than the other, but that doesn't apply to all cases, in fact it would be the less likely to happen

Fair point... she does get in there and throw down.

She just irritates me.
:p

SeriousCompleteAfricanwilddog.gif

Back