TJ Dillashaw throws Conor under the Bus ('Afraid to Fight')

If he initially fought at 125lbs, became the champ, and then moved up to 135lbs lost to a gate keeper and won a close rematch and became the champ and never even sniff a defense then yes. That's actually the equivalent of what Conor did.
Ftfy

Eddie Alvarez is a gatekeeper? You must be new despite your number of posts.

Unless you mean Diaz is a gatekeeper, in which case that was actually 2 weight classes, so the equivalent of 145lbs, and conveniently avoids referencing making Alvarez, who is absolutely top tier at LW, look like he didn't even belong in the octagon.

Either way I fixed your name.

Last edited:
Conor was actually very very active before the baby. Dec , march, August , nov. ....... how much more active can a fighter be . Now he has 50 to 100 mil.n doesn't care

Using jones is actually one of the worst examples considering the majority of his success was predicated on size and peds.

FFS man :D

The discussion isn't about whether Jones was deserving of his P4P #1 status, it's about the definition of P4P.

Jones was the consensus P4P #1 long before he was exposed as a cheater, having only fought and dominated in 1 weight division. So yeah, he's still the perfect example.

Dude, you are just making things up. I am stating the truth. Conor McGregor was a 145 who fought at 170 and 155. He is a P4P fighter.

TJ is trying to go down a weight class just to fight once, and call himself a P4P fighter with a victory. That ain't gangsta.

That is like those basketball prospects who fail a grade on purpose, just so they can be held back, play an extra year of highschool, and look good pounding on smaller and younger highschool players. All this to look good to the scouts and get recruited to a good basketball college.

TJ is trying to look good by staying back an extra grade. Other people are free to give him all the credit and validation is seeking, I am just going to say going up makes you a P4P fighter, not going down.

This is your argument. TJ fights at 135. If he moves down to 125 then he's a pussy.

What you aren't taking into account is their walking weight class. TJ admits to being 150lbs normally and cutting 15lbs. Proof.

Conor's admitted to walking around at 170 before his fight with Mayweather. Proof.

Normally fighters drop one weight class from their walking weight to make fight weight. One weight class down for Conor would be 155lb. But 90% of Conor's fights at 145lbs, two weight classes below his walking weight.

Based on your logic, you've just invalidated his entire career at 145. Grow a brain.

He doesn't HAVE to fight. That's the difference.
Lol then leave. Any of these fighters can retire and work someone else no none of them HAVE to fight anymore. But as champ yeah you actually do HAVE to fight.

Eddie Alvarez is a gatekeeper? You must be new despite your number of posts.

Unless you mean Diaz is a gatekeeper, in which case that was actually 2 weight classes, so the equivalent of 145lbs, and conveniently avoids referencing making Alvarez, who is absolutely top tier at LW, look like he didn't even belong in the octagon.

Either way I fixed your name.
Yes Diaz is the gatekeeper and he should have lost his title shot after getting choked out. You can pretend Diaz is a ww but they only fought at that because it was short notice. Fixed your name as well.

Conor went up in weight & destroyed the lineal World LW champ

TJ is moving down in weight to hunt a mouse​
cxiuu.jpg

This is your argument. TJ fights at 135. If he moves down to 125 then he's a pussy.

What you aren't taking into account is their walking weight class. TJ admits to being 150lbs normally and cutting 15lbs. Proof.

Conor's admitted to walking around at 170 before his fight with Mayweather. Proof.

Normally fighters drop one weight class from their walking weight to make fight weight. One weight class down for Conor would be 155lb. But 90% of Conor's fights at 145lbs, two weight classes below his walking weight.

Based on your logic, you've just invalidated his entire career at 145. Grow a brain.
I am not calling TJ a "pussy." If I did, I was wrong, and retract that statement.

I am saying, for me personally, I am not going to think TJ is an extra special fighter, because he went down a weight class to beat a smaller man. The guy is an already great fighter. If he wants that "great fighter with an extra layer of special sauce" label like guys like GSP, Anderson Silva, Jon Jones, Demetrious Johnson, in my opinion, he would have to step up and fight Max Holloway/Frankie Edgar.

Beating DJ will carry that "but you beat on a smaller guy" asterisks. Yes, DJ hater will celebrate. However, the rest of reasonable fans who understand what p4p actually means, will always say "yeah, you beat a smaller guy."

The glory of TJ vs DJ is more on DJ's side. DJ is the one who will be facing a bigger critically acclaimed fighter.

In terms of legacy, TJ is "Floyd Mayweather" in this situation. Like Floyd Mayweather vs Conor McGregor, TJ is the one stepping down a notch. A DJ win will have bigger shockwaves across the MMA community, than a TJ win.

If TJ wins, the best we will say is "yeah, he is a good fighter. We already knew this. How does beating a smaller guy make him any better?" This will even be more pronounced if TJ loses the BW belt. If TJ beats DJ, and fails to dominate the BW division (guys his own size), how does that help his legacy? LOL

No, it really isn't. It's bonkers how many people have no fucking clue what P4P means.

P4P means if they were the same size, who would win. That's it. It's just a hypothetical means of determining the best fighters, or fighter, regardless of weight.

But, you don’t generally prove that hypothetical by fighting people smaller than you.

Yes Diaz is the gatekeeper and he should have lost his title shot after getting choked out. You can pretend Diaz is a ww but they only fought at that because it was short notice. Fixed your name as well.

Still avoiding mentioning how Conor made LW hall of famer Alvarez look like an amateur. Looks like 90% of your post history is Conor bashing threads. Almost an obsession. That in mind I fixed your name again.

So, you want to beat on a smaller guy to claim a legacy. LOL

At least Conor McGregor moved up to 170 and fought, lost and won. That is a much better way of building a legacy.

If you want to build a legacy, call out Max Holloway. p4p is for people who move up weight, not down.
I’m sure if Conor could have made 135 he woulda gone down to fight Cruz/Dillashaw in a heartbeat lol

So, you want to beat on a smaller guy to claim a legacy. LOL

At least Conor McGregor moved up to 170 and fought, lost and won. That is a much better way of building a legacy.

If you want to build a legacy, call out Max Holloway. p4p is for people who move up weight, not down.

you know... people adjust to divisions according to their anthropological dimensions. It's not a ''bulk-up'' contest.
Plus Max Holloway is way down the p4p list.

That is a different argument. Aldo was using IV bags to recover pre-USADA. If he is a true 145, why did he need all those IV bags, and why has his ability to fight for more than 3 rounds deteriorated? (the same thing is happening with Chris Weidman, Johny Hemdricks and many more)

Conor fought at 145, became champion. Moved up to 155, became champion. Moved to the UFC, became champion at 145. Then he moved up to 170, and he is 1-1. Then he came down to 155, and became champion. Went to a different sport, and did OK (depending on how one feels).

Based on this evidence, we can reasonably say that if it was possible for Conor to maintain his athletic ability while moving up to 185 or 205 or 265, on any given fight night, he could beat who ever is the champion in those divisions and become champion.

Conor is a true P4P fighter. I am not the biggest Conor fan. But, I go with logic and evidence, the evidence shows that the guy can fight at reasonably higher weight classes.

TJ going down to 125, is weak evidence for his claim to P4P. If he moved up a weight class, like Conor has done, then he would have a more legitimate claim.

P4P is for fighters who move up, and not down.
Did you really just say you use logic and evidence while assuming that Conor can beat whoever at 185, 205 and 265 in the same argument lol come on man, there’s better fighters in those divisions skill wise than Nat Diaz. I feel silly having to point that out.

Did you really just say you use logic and evidence while assuming that Conor can beat whoever at 185, 205 and 265 in the same argument lol come on man, there’s better fighters in those divisions skill wise than Nat Diaz. I feel silly having to point that out.
Based on this evidence, we can reasonably say that if it was possible for Conor to maintain his athletic ability while moving up to 185 or 205 or 265, on any given fight night, he could beat who ever is the champion in those divisions and become champion.

Very important and deliberate phrasing.

What kind of evidence is that? So has...
Diaz
Penn
Sherk
Florian
Bendo
Masvidal
cerrone
RDA and literally dozens of others.

Please don’t using MMAth to prove your point. Am I being trolled here?

I am not calling TJ a "pussy." If I did, I was wrong, and retract that statement.

I am saying, for me personally, I am not going to think TJ is an extra special fighter, because he went down a weight class to beat a smaller man. The guy is an already great fighter. If he wants that "great fighter with an extra layer of special sauce" label like guys like GSP, Anderson Silva, Jon Jones, Demetrious Johnson, in my opinion, he would have to step up and fight Max Holloway/Frankie Edgar.

Beating DJ will carry that "but you beat on a smaller guy" asterisks. Yes, DJ hater will celebrate. However, the rest of reasonable fans who understand what p4p actually means, will always say "yeah, you beat a smaller guy."

The glory of TJ vs DJ is more on DJ's side. DJ is the one who will be facing a bigger critically acclaimed fighter.

In terms of legacy, TJ is "Floyd Mayweather" in this situation. Like Floyd Mayweather vs Conor McGregor, TJ is the one stepping down a notch. A DJ win will have bigger shockwaves across the MMA community, than a TJ win.

If TJ wins, the best we will say is "yeah, he is a good fighter. We already knew this. How does beating a smaller guy make him any better?" This will even be more pronounced if TJ loses the BW belt. If TJ beats DJ, and fails to dominate the BW division (guys his own size), how does that help his legacy? LOL

Good, but you're still ignoring the fact that 85% of conor's fights have been fought TWO weight classes below his walking weight, so he's been fighting smaller guys his entire career. I'm just saying if you're going to diminish the idea of TJ dropping down two weight classes to fight the fly weight goat, then it's only fair that youd be equally as unimpressed with all of conor's fights at 145.

Back