2017 Green Bay Packers V2 What Gum Does Hundley Chew?

Wonder if we make any offseason FA moves for defensive players. I know there's a couple CBs available and a couple pass rushers out there but guys like that are usually really expensive and seem to rarely play to what they are being paid.

Wonder if we make any offseason FA moves for defensive players. I know there's a couple CBs available and a couple pass rushers out there but guys like that are usually really expensive and seem to rarely play to what they are being paid.

It's the argument I've made for years. The teams they played on likely know their value better than anyone. If they can't afford them it's one thing but if the team feels they can replace the player makes it another question.

It's the argument I've made for years. The teams they played on likely know their value better than anyone. If they can't afford them it's one thing but if the team feels they can replace the player makes it another question.
Oh I get that but then you see guys like Chris Long. Undoubtedly he's nearing the end of his career but he produced in NE and in Philly.

He was only in NE for one year and this year in Philly he wasn't in on every down but the down he played he probably 75% of the time was in the QB or RB's face in the backfield. Maybe not a sack or TFL but disruptive enough it was for minimal gains.

Course he is kind of an outlier I will admit.

Wish TT had taken more than a token pass on Connor Barwin last offseason though. I know this is bad of me but outside of Daniel, Clark, and the young guy Adams that is the backup DT I can't name the guy on the left side of that line. I feel bad about that but it's the truth. Is it Lowry?

Admittedly Barwin only signed for one year at 3.5 million so he's nearing the end too at 31 years old but still.

I get Lowry is only a year removed from being a rookie so obviously he PROBABLY has room to grow but just pure stat wise.... Barwin had 34 combined tackles, 5 sacks in 14 games. Lowry had 32 combined tackles and 2 sacks in 16 games.

Players slip through the cracks/fit other schemes all the time. Look at Hyde and Hayward

Players slip through the cracks/fit other schemes all the time. Look at Hyde and Hayward
I have no real issue with Hyde leaving, it hurt to see him leave but the dude got a payday we couldn’t give him.

I had no issue with either leaving honestly. More of an indictment on the coaches not putting them in a position to succeed

I had no issue with either leaving honestly. More of an indictment on the coaches not putting them in a position to succeed
The Hayward one hurts the most in hindsight but we also still had Shields then too

I was fine seeing both leave until I saw Hayward’s contract, I would have brought him back if that’s what it took

Definitely surprised by Hyde though, I always liked him but didn’t think he would be this good. Guess it took a different scheme and strictly playing him at safety instead of playing him everywhere like he did here

Only drawback to promoting Glutekunst Maximus instead of bringing in an outsider could be that he also feels the emotional attachment to Hundley, and won't be willing to trade his ass for the conditional third round pick he's worth.

Neither of them slipped through the cracks. The Packers are very up front with letting players seek their value on the market and try to match that offer. They got offers that the Packers didn't feel they could match. Hyde got 5 years $30.5 million. Hayward got 3 years $15.3 million.

Only drawback to promoting Glutekunst Maximus instead of bringing in an outsider could be that he also feels the emotional attachment to Hundley, and won't be willing to trade his ass for the conditional third round pick he's worth.

Who would give a 3rd round pick for Hundley? They would have a chance to pick up a prospect in the third round that would be as good or better than Hundley. Hundley is signed through next season, only costs the Packers $760,000 and knows and has played in the system. I doubt there will be a trade.

After “that” season idk who would trade anything for hundley , except maybe the browns ;)

Outside of Regis I don’t recognize anyone from that roster in the last Tweet holy shit

Haha, you might want to check again and jog your memory. It was absolutely stacked.

Kris Jenkins and Revis were All Pros. Rhodes, Ellis, and Scott were Pro Bowlers. Just a nasty defense.

Regardless, I think Pettine is going to do very well for us. I predict our defense to #16 in points allowed the first year.

CB and WR are absolutely stacked in mid-range talent.

Who would give a 3rd round pick for Hundley? They would have a chance to pick up a prospect in the third round that would be as good or better than Hundley. Hundley is signed through next season, only costs the Packers $760,000 and knows and has played in the system. I doubt there will be a trade.
We could trade him to the local landfill for some rotten food and we'd come out on top in that.

We could trade him to the local landfill for some rotten food and we'd come out on top in that.

1*yjnCV2RJ-nGkRQngAq9p_A.jpeg

Back