Tyron Woodley - "I'm not respected by the people for being a Champion."

Everything is race this, race that?

Take a look at literally ANY Tyron thread, and see how many racist comments are left, ranging from subtle to not so subtle.

Try being objective for once, and see how much hate he gets on this board, most of it centering around his skin color.

But why just with Tyron? There are other African American/black champs who don’t get that. Is it because he sets the agenda?

He's almost suffering from what the Klitschko brothers suffered from in boxing for a long time.

One, they don't fight that almost reckless style that people had grown accustom to in the HW division and weren't knocking out guys left and right the way Tyson had done a generation prior and second the guys Woodley is fighting are the best in the division for him to fight now (props for him doing that BTW) but compared to past gens when the division felt like it was filled with killers even underneath of GSP....

Lol no way. Division is a lot more stacked now than ever before. Gsp struggled against hendricks who is a much inferior version of tyron. He is never beating tyron. Who are these killers you are talking about? Fitch, kampmann, diaz, condit? Current generation is far sueprior.

Lol no way. Division is a lot more stacked now than ever before. Gsp struggled against hendricks who is a much inferior version of tyron. He is never beating tyron. Who are these killers you are talking about? Fitch, kampmann, diaz, condit? Current generation is far sueprior.
I disagree personally but that's just my opinion. I feel like the GSP that took apart BJ and and worked over most everyone around that time period beats Woodley.

i respect Woodley but i understand why he get so much heat but we must remember styles makes fights and against wonderboy who is a counter puncher, woodley ahd to fight most of the time with his back on the fence (which for some reason it's a bad habit of his). At least he defended not like others who likes to sandbag title shots while making false hype to increase his ego.

WTF does that even mean???? It's not a game of tag, it's a fight. Both dudes are supposed to fight for and win the belt. He's not supposed to just show up and hang back on the cage for 25 minutes and prevent the other guy from taking him out.

He is supposed to dispose of challengers, that is how you gain respect as a champion.
But his opponents haven't offered nothing to make the fight any better. Thompson had the opportunity to beat him and failed twice. Maia wasn't going to do anything to spam takedown attempts. You saw what he did to Hieron, Koshceck, Kim and Lawler?

In order to get respect, he has to earn it

I kinda get what he's saying here, as I do think most fans LIKE fighters such as Lawler and Condit more.

But I'm not entirely convinced that it's because they don't 'respect' Woodley.

I think it's more that many fans just don't find him all that interesting as a Champion, both inside and outside the cage. He hasn't exactly been in Barn-burner types of title defenses, despite being successful.

Personally, even though I'm not a big fan, I DO respect that at least TWood remains an active champ who fights the top guys in his division, in an era where that increasingly seems to be becoming the exception, and not the rule.

What say you Sherdoggers? Does he have a point? And if so, what can he do to win fans over?

3:50

he needs to say that to himself to stay motivated .. some people are like that

Tyron, youre crazy man!

I guess my biggest gripe is self-proclaimed GOAT status, he wants it sooooooo bad...........just fight whos next even if its not that huge “money fight” you desire.

I feel like this is his problem-

“When you seek it, you cannot find it.
Youre hand cannot reach it.
Nor your mind exzeed it.
When you no longer seek it,
It is always with you”

Zen Proverb

63mp6Bs.gif

Trt performance right here.

I kinda get what he's saying here, as I do think most fans LIKE fighters such as Lawler and Condit more.

I think it's more that many fans just don't find him all that interesting as a Champion, both inside and outside the cage. He hasn't exactly been in Barn-burner types of title defenses, despite being successful.

Personally, even though I'm not a big fan, I DO respect that at least TWood remains an active champ who fights the top guys in his division, in an era where that increasingly seems to be becoming the exception, and not the rule.

What say you Sherdoggers? Does he have a point? And if so, what can he do to win fans over?

Well I know I'm more of a fan of his now after the Rogan Podcast.

Hes not respected because all he does is whine.

Literally every time i see a thread about him here, it is him crying and complaining.

Let’s be honest, he doesn’t get respect for the simple fact that he is completely delusional which is really clear when:

- He complains about racism where there is none
-Complains that he doesn’t get promoted enough even though he was doing the fox thing before he was even a champion and got a title shot on a two fight winning streak.
-States that most Wonderboy fans are racist and that he is entitled.
-Claims that RDA hasn’t put in the work and isn’t worthy of a title shot.

The list goes on and on. He’s straight up delusional.

I consider him one of the greatest WW's that ever stepped inside the octagon, honestly.

I don't think he's responsible for the boring title-fights. The challengers are supposed to GET the belt, the champion is just supposed to keep it.
And that the Maia fight wasn't gonna be a slugfest was pretty clear.

I respect him for taking every fight and fighting every top contender.
Maia has shown from his previous title shot that he is boring as fuck in title opportunities. He was a really unfortunate followup opponent after Wonder 2.

WTF does that even mean???? It's not a game of tag, it's a fight. Both dudes are supposed to fight for and win the belt. He's not supposed to just show up and hang back on the cage for 25 minutes and prevent the other guy from taking him out.

He is supposed to dispose of challengers, that is how you gain respect as a champion.
I agree with what Rogan said on the podcast, which is "that's how you have to fight, to win fights against those particular opponents." He used the correct gameplan to successfully defend his title. Maybe it's not the most exciting, but retain your championship and be exciting in the next one.

Last edited:

@Arm Barbarian , you know I got YOU (most times) but f*k the fickle fanz man if he's that boring then break his style...? FYI Khabib should stop killing himself @155 and go full WW and have a gifted wrapped Woodley already back posted on the fence styles make fights Tyron likes to be post back up against the cage Khabib loves you against the cage.

Just saying...?

Sorry Tyron but you are living in the era of the true GOAT.

This man didn't just spoil Star Wars.

He is Star Wars.

View attachment 323821

You know I got love/likes 4U @SVG but sometimes you just off your rocker, like that pretender can't cut WOOD < see what I did there

His fights are boring. GSP was like Wanderlei Silva compared to Tyron. Plus he's always whining about money fights he has not earned by putting butts in seats. I like Tyron though. Family man, coach, speaker, defends, and very ambitious professionally outside fighting with acting - commentating and TMZ stuff.

C'Mon @12ga. <bball1> with that boring BS the man ain't fighting himself in the cage and who's making him pay for being boring?

Steroid Nate... Nice..?

I consider him one of the greatest WW's that ever stepped inside the octagon, honestly.

I don't think he's responsible for the boring title-fights. The challengers are supposed to GET the belt, the champion is just supposed to keep it.
And that the Maia fight wasn't gonna be a slugfest was pretty clear.

I respect him for taking every fight and fighting every top contender.

True Wordz ^^^

No backtracking now after this word is used ^^^ if Tyrone is being boring what's his opponent doing for haters who placed money on him..?

Last edited:
He has a really good point about Dana. I mean Dana is a PROMOTER and he tells everyone that you would be crazy to want to be paying to see Woodley fight..

Woodley is responsible for the three worst title defenses in UFC history. There is no other champion that has ever had three consecutive shit shows.

He cannot headline a card because people do not want to see him fight. If Woodley would take on the up and coming challengers and bang a little his popularity would grow.
The draw in the first Wonderboy fight was FOTN, but hate on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
herrsackbauer
Back