Extremely long range strikes

dudeguyman

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
So just put em out there if you got em. Moves that cover a large amount of distance quickly. Think like a bruce lee kick, or a sliding side kick.

Jump / sliding teep or side kick
Spinning back side kick
Superman punch
Flying knee

I think we're done. :) Anything that is straight.

I do this punch where I jolt across the ring, kinda strange to describe, but I switch stances, and basically jolt forward somehow. I usually cover half the ring at least with this

Superman punch is what i use against some of the people in my gym, i usually like to hit it when i get them in the corner, or when i'm moving back and their trying to get me, i just take one knee up and quickly kick it back and throw the punch, if your good with footwork you can do a dart punch works great if your opponent is not paying attention, also works great if you hit it from an angle while side stepping.

I do this punch where I jolt across the ring, kinda strange to describe, but I switch stances, and basically jolt forward somehow. I usually cover half the ring at least with this

It sounds like you're describing an even more awkward version of a superman punch.

I wouldn't say its awkward, because I;m not off balanced, its stable

I meant more like socially awkward. Like even if the strike lands but people are just like "ehh... I'd rather be somewhere else".

I meant more like socially awkward. Like even if the strike lands but people are just like "ehh... I'd rather be somewhere else".
ah, well to be fair our coach showed us it, to we're all socially awkward so we don't look to bad

Most of the time I use it to cover distance rather than land as a strike

ah, well to be fair our coach showed us it, to we're all socially awkward so we don't look to bad

Most of the time I use it to cover distance rather than land as a strike

Are you talking about a step forward jab, (i.e. step and then throw with your former forward hand almost like a rear straight?)

Are you talking about a step forward jab, (i.e. step and then throw with your former forward hand almost like a rear straight?)
I basically jump forward, its kinda "dash" in cross

I basically jump forward, its kinda "dash" in cross

Yeah its like a slide right? Its fairly easy to throw, so you can interrupt people's rhythem with it pretty well. Catch people mid bounce if they're moving a lot. Leaves me extended though so I usually pull it back and throw another cross or just disengage.

The second cross usually lands if you throw it fast. They don't expect another right hand, usually open their guard for a second after the first lands.

Yeah its like a slide right? Its fairly easy to throw, so you can interrupt people's rhythem with it pretty well. Catch people mid bounce if they're moving a lot. Leaves me extended though so I usually pull it back and throw another cross or just disengage.

The second cross usually lands if you throw it fast. They don't expect another right hand, usually open their guard for a second after the first lands.
Yeah its basically that, I like it off a double jab while moving off the line, because its very sudden they don't expect it, and most of the time I can land it. Not to mention its a very heavy strike. Basically a power shot

I think i know what you're talking about. you basically step forward with your rear foot and throw a punch with the same side that was the rear and is now the lead, right? i busted a guys nose with that one once.
<JonesLaugh>

The longest one that I can do that isn't ridiculous is the Cung Le turning side kick/back spin kick.

The one where you step forwards into your opposite stance and use that step forward to land in the position ready to throw your back kick.

I wouldn't say its awkward, because I;m not off balanced, its stable
Is it a hop step then a punch?
My first coach was big fan of doing a forward hop step into a left hook. One exercise he used to have me do was hop step left hook weave hop step.

Also for the thread tactical surface to air side kicks.

So just put em out there if you got em. Moves that cover a large amount of distance quickly. Think like a bruce lee kick, or a sliding side kick.

M.Bison's flying head stomp is a screen crosser.
Liu Kang's flying kick. Even the bicycle kick.
Can't forget Ken and Ryu's hadoukens. Though Ken's is a lil weak.
Scorpion .......GET OVER HERE !!!

My favourite though is the Shungokusatsu. Like my penis, not the longest but if it gets a hold of you .......KBLAAAAM !!! Game over.
Death by a thousand hits.

Back