Palestinians vs Isrealis, explained in very simple terms.

Lets say that you're sitting at home with your wife, sipping coffee and watching TV.

Someone knocks on your door, you go to answer it.

At your door, are 10 men armed with guns, telling you that according to their religion, their God told them in their dreams that your property and home belong to them, so you need to leave.

What would you do?

I'm guessing you'd have a problem with that. And if that's the case, then you can understand why the Palestinians are upset.

That wasn't simple at all and far from factual.

Lets say that you're sitting at home with your wife, sipping coffee and watching TV.

At your door, are 10 men armed with guns, telling you that according to their religion, their God told them in their dreams that your property and home belong to them, so you need to leave.

What would you do?

I'm guessing you'd have a problem with that. And if that's the case, then you can understand why the Palestinians are upset.

But the Crusades, and then the Pogroms ! ! ! ! ! !

I blame the Balfour Declaration for establishing all this bullshit.

Anyone here Israeli, Palestinian, or an Israeli historical scholar? Or a religious scholar? Asking for a friend.

So why should they get to hog all the special sky daddy dirt? Not very fair, others should at least be allowed to fight for their right to enjoy the magic dirt zone as well
Calling their God a sky daddy does little than make you appear rude and profane. Maybe land isn't important to you, even the location "where the Platinum Nation jerk off together". They certainly don't want you jerking off near their dirt, magic or not.

Calling their God a sky daddy does little than make you appear rude and profane. Maybe land isn't important to you, even the location "where the Platinum Nation jerk off together". They certainly don't want you jerking off near their dirt, magic or not.

I believe @The Best JG is Jewish, but not religious/atheist

Funny then that it wasn't the Jews who continuously lived in Palestine who built Israel but outsiders from Europe who could trace their heritage hundreds of years back on that continent.
I didn't say that it was my belief; I said it was their position. The last time there was a Jewish kingdom there, mid-second century BC to 63 BC, they massacred a Greek city for refusing to convert and forced a neighboring country to convert. However, that was about 2,000 years ago, and I don't think anyone alive today in the region, on any side, is responsible for centuries old atrocities.

If I had my way, probably I would return to the 1967 borders and the Israeli settlers would have to leave or Israel could keep the West Bank but have to make all of the Palestinians full citizens of Israel.

What would you do?

Palestinians have lost. Any other time throughout history the Jews would have streamed rolled over them.

If they fight to the death it won't even be close.

Palestinians are around because the Jews show restraint.

Literally rocks against tanks.

Palestinians are pissed and jealous at the development of that piece of dessert the Jews have, something they could never do.

As a devout open border activist, I wouldn't have a problem with it.

Palestinians have lost. Any other time throughout history the Jews would have streamed rolled over them.

If they fight to the death it won't even be close.

Palestinians are around because the Jews show restraint.

Literally rocks against tanks.

Palestinians are pissed and jealous at the development of that piece of dessert the Jews have, something they could never do.

To be fair, contemporary Israel is not a product of Jewish conquest or superiority. They owe it all to the United Kingdom frankly. Again, the Balfour Declaration has resulted in nearly a century of Zionist bloodshed and supremacy. How anyone still defends Israel is shocking to me.

Raspberry-White-Chocolate-Rugelach-Bites-Barbara-Bakes.jpg

Raspberry white chocolate rugelach bites, oh hell yea that's worth going to war over. Unless of course you were referring to the chocolate babka.

Chocolate-Babka-640x416.jpg

To be fair, contemporary Israel is not a product of Jewish conquest or superiority. They owe it all to the United Kingdom frankly. Again, the Balfour Declaration has resulted in nearly a century of Zionist bloodshed and supremacy. How anyone still defends Israel is shocking to me.

I was just generalizing....but it's not a mystery. It's rocks vs tanks.
Look what the Israelis did to a piece of desert when compared to the Palestinians.

One group is completely dominant over the other and would have been eliminated any other time in history.

Today thanks to restraint. This does not happen.

I'm a Clinton hater. I admit it upfront. I can't be objective when talking about the Clintons. What I'm saying next has nothing to do, criticism wise, with the Clintons. I think if Bush Sr. had been re-elected that he might have forced the Israeli's to make the deal in Gaza and the West Bank. The US won the Persian Gulf War with Israel on the sidelines, and the supposed talk at the time was that Bush in a second turn was going to get the deal done. Now, that very well may be like JFK supposedly going to pull the US out of Vietnam. Timing wise it appeared to be the best time.

Don't the Palestinians get lots of aid from many countries each year?

<SelenaWow>

Just so you know, the Jews bought most of the land they initially settled from Arabs, the problem is that the Arabs they bought them from were large landowning families who were absentee owners that allowed Arab peasants to farm their land. So when the Jews bought the land they had the right to expel the peasants from it but nonetheless this created plenty of resentment which over decades lead to the Arab revolt of 1936-39. Or in other words, the timeline doesn't just start at 1947

Btw, why are we getting all these Israel-Palestine threads again? Seems like the last few years were a bit of a break from them, especially with Hollywood Nicky getting banned.

I read about this portion of history, the Jewish National Fund, and selling of lands, etc. recently...
I brought it up as a key point in a casual discussion and things got testy with someone with a heavy pro-palestinian disposition;

<6>

safe to say it's significance is greatly undervalued considering the topicality of the discussion.

Good point to bring up.

I read about this portion of history, the Jewish National Fund, and selling of lands, etc. recently...
I brought it up as a key point in a casual discussion and things got testy with someone with a heavy pro-palestinian disposition;

<6>

safe to say it's significance is greatly undervalued considering the topicality of the discussion.

Good point to bring up.
Its not like it it even discredits the pro-Palestine position either. Peasants being expelled en masse is not good, so much so the British Mandatory government felt the need to limit and outlaw it eventually(though that didn't stop the Jews from continuing the practice) because it was creating so much discontent and issues for the UK government. The landless peasants would move to the city with nothing and live in slums which made the cities vulnerable to riots, the worst of which happened during the aforementioned Arab revolt. Still, to be fair to the Jews it was still mostly legal even if a bit cunty.

Last edited:
I didn't say that it was my belief; I said it was their position. The last time there was a Jewish kingdom there, mid-second century BC to 63 BC, they massacred a Greek city for refusing to convert and forced a neighboring country to convert. However, that was about 2,000 years ago, and I don't think anyone alive today in the region, on any side, is responsible for centuries old atrocities.

If I had my way, probably I would return to the 1967 borders and the Israeli settlers would have to leave or Israel could keep the West Bank but have to make all of the Palestinians full citizens of Israel.
I understand you didn't argue that, I just wanted to throw that fact in there. People like to point out that Jews did live in Palestine for a long time and at the end of the 19th century were about 10% of the population in Jerusalem but it was not those Jews who built Israel.

Its not like it it even discredits the pro-Palestine position either. Peasants being expelled en masse is not good, so much so the British Mandatory government felt the need to limit and outlaw it eventually(though that didn't stop the Jews from continuing the practice) because it was creating so much discontent and issues for the UK government. The landless peasants would move to the city with nothing and live in slums which made the cities vulnerable to riots, the worst of which happened during the aforementioned Arab revolt. Still, to be fair to the Jews it was still all legal even if a bit cunty.
To be fair they did try and generally buy land that was least inhabited. Also though keep in mind it was only ever a small proportion of the land that zionist organisations ever bought.

Back