BREAKING: Whittaker out of 221, Rockhold/Romero for the interim title

Who wins?

• Luke Rockhold

• Yoel Romero

Results are only viewable after voting.
Seriously doubt it. WA has never had an event before, they'll take what they get.
Im in Perth. Im not paying $500 for a fight night card now that Robbie is out. Couldnt give a shit about Rockhold/Romero.

i think this fight is far more dangerous for rockhold

but i see him edging out the decision

Im in Perth. Im not paying $500 for a fight night card now that Robbie is out. Couldnt give a shit about Rockhold/Romero.
it's a better match up in my opinion

but i do agree that the card is very weak

Scary fight for Rockhold. I think he might end up the same way as Weidman

I got Yoel for this one.

He has better hands and kicks will not be common. Grappling is a wash.

God fucking damn it. Fuck!

Actually Rockhold Vs Romero would be a good fight too. Just sick of all these fake belts. Fuck!

This is a real one imo well this was the reason interim belts were created.

The card already sucked dick any way, now it just sucks a little more

It's probably from those oblique kicks. Technique should be banned
Damage is part of the scoring system. Whitaker won the fight because Romero slipped in Round 5, and Whitaker landed on top of him.

It is obvious that Romero did the most damage in that fight. Whitaker hasn't been able to walk ever since.

MMA is NOT real fighting. It is a game with scores. LOL

it is still a very good fight but I'm with you , Robbie was supposed to be the main attraction for this event the first Australian Champ defending his title on home soil in Perths first UFC event .

on the one hand glad for Yoel getting his second chance and all that stuff, but on other why the f it have to be for another fake title?

Romero via
luke-rockhold-ufc-199.jpg

Lol..why does there need to be an interim title?

Whirlwind of emotions here. I'm excited for Yoel vs. Rockhold because its a fantastic fight. I'm excited for Yoel to get another shot because I worry about how many fights he has left. I'm worried that if Yoel wins the rematch there won't do much for fans. I'm skeptical that people in Australia will give a shit about these two.

Like I said in another post.

Yoel refused this fight 1 fight ago claiming he would only fight Luke in a 3 round fight. Refused to take a 5 round fight vs Luke.

He is taking this fight out of desperation for a title.

Luke wins this.

Sadface.

Oh well war Rockhold?

It should be for no belt. It should be "closing time" for Yoel Romero.

maxresdefault.jpg

Then they can have a Rockhold v Weidman rematch whatever scenario plays out. Rockhold & Weidman aren't going to fight a second time for "interim".

just because the card is weak in star power doesnt give an inclination that the card will be shit. Actually the past few fight pass and fight night cards ive checked out have been great. these guys usually go out and deliver. im not guaranteeing the card is gonna be fireworks but dont judge a book by its cover . feel me?

Well this sucks thou best replacement possible.

its because they make overseas cards so weak. basically 1-2 decent fights then regional filler with shitty match-ups cause you kinda want the home team to come away happy.

so when a main event gets scuttled the card basically falls apart.

Hey i live in Edmonton and our card went to shit and i skipped buying tickets for it so i know how it feels.

Seems too soon to issue yet another interim title. Afaik whittaker vs bisping was never announced, so whittaker being injured didnt really matter at the time, they were going ahead with the GSP fight regardless. So basically this is his first time pulling out of a fight.

Romero vs rockhold is a cool fight though, l like it better as luke didnt really deserve a title shot for sitting out so long and only beating Branch. Now the winner will be a clear #1 contender in my eyes, but the interim thing is still stupid.

Back