Video. How good was really bruce lee

My issue is people saying he invented MMA. He didn't, MMA came to what it is today because of the open rule format for early UFCs. People found what worked and it evolved to what it is today.

Actually, Vale Tudo in Brazil and Kudo/Daido Juku and Shoot Fighting in Japan were already active and established well before the first UFC in 1992.

Yeah but he had a lot of ideas that were ahead of their time about being adaptive and learning/combining different arts and strategies; contrary to the rigid tma mindset. I know he wasn't the first with this mindset but he's the first who most have heard of.

THIS! It's not complicated and it's not a knock on any of the pro mma fighters today or the sport of mma in general.

There two kinds of absolute idiots.

- those who seriously think that he was a superhero. A fighting god who could not be touched by anyone. Included todays pro fighters.

-those who says that he had no fighting skills because he was a actor who made silly kung fu movies.

And then you have guys like myself who neither thinks that he was a superhero with invincible fighting prowess or that he had no actual fighting skill because he was an actor.

The first type of idiot you described is a blind and irrational Bruce nut hugger and the second idiot is a blind and irrational Bruce hater. I think both of them need to get a grip.

And then you have guys like myself who neither thinks that he was a superhero with invincible fighting prowess or that he had no actual fighting skill because he was an actor.

The first type of idiot you described is a blind and irrational Bruce nut hugger and the second idiot is a blind and irrational Bruce hater. I think both of them need to get a grip.

So true. Well said.

There are guys, like Chuck Norris, from that same time period, who were legitimate badasses with championships, who went into actual competitions against other world class competitors, and beat those guys to stand at the top of the hill; i think it's a damn shame they get overshadowed and compared so often, almost disrespectful even.

Last edited:

The ones in the middle are the real minority that get it. Unfortunately our voices are overshadowed by the bigger group of idiots from both sides.

There are guys, like Chuck Norris, from that same time period, who were legitimate badasses with championships, who went into actual competitions against other world class competitors, and beat those guys to stand at the top of the hill; i think it's a damn shame they get overshadowed and compared so often, almost disrespectful even.
Chuck competed in point karate. Point karate back then was closer to full contact than it is now, but there is a reason Chuck helped start full contact. Still a bad ass with black belts in tang soo do,judo, and bjj. Here he speaks very highly of Bruce

Last edited:
Chuck competed in point karate. Point karate back then was closer to full contact than it is now, but there is a reason Chuck helped start full contact. Still a bad ass with black belts in tang soo do,judo, and bjj. Here he speaks very highly of Bruce

Chuck was (is) a nice guy who has no problem giving someone props and wouldn't say a bad word about anyone unless he really had too. And the guys who would say a bad word about someone know enough to know that (unless everyone else is doing it too) the cost/benefit ratio of doing something that might diminish a well known cultural icon is probably more trouble than it is worth.

Maybe it is.

Actually, Vale Tudo in Brazil and Kudo/Daido Juku and Shoot Fighting in Japan were already active and established well before the first UFC in 1992.
Pankration was also an event at the olympics in 648 BC, which is basically MMA.

Back