What's Your Next Purchase? V5

Anyone here have experience with RMR's?

Looking to grab one for the Polymer80 build I have and WANT the dual illuminated one but at the minimum 7 MOA dot I am wondering if I should go for the battery powered ones to have a more precise dot?

No experience with the dual but I've read quite a few complaints. Mostly reticle not bright enough.

Friend has a led rmr on a P90. Not exactly sure of the model.

Absolutely ridiculous price on this btw.

http://www.cabelas.com/product/TRIJICON-RMR-ADJUSTABLE-LED-SIGHT/2047219.uts?slotId=2

No experience with the dual but I've read quite a few complaints. Mostly reticle not bright enough.

Friend has a led rmr on a P90. Not exactly sure of the model.

Absolutely ridiculous price on this btw.

http://www.cabelas.com/product/TRIJICON-RMR-ADJUSTABLE-LED-SIGHT/2047219.uts?slotId=2
OpticsPlanet is doing a similar sale.

Hadn't heard that issue with brightness on the DI versions.

EDIT:
And the most helpful negative review I see:
https://www.opticsplanet.com/review...ber-dot-rm04-red-dot-sight-review-221486.html

but the amber dot is hard to see in the dark, tritium barely lights up, and can get washed out in bright light. if you are only shooting during the day and not in combat this sight will work well, but if you might be room clearing, or using it to depend on, I would not buy it. I will be returning/exchanging for the led red dot RMR.

Guess I'll be looking at some of the LED versions.

Wonder if I can use some Cabela's bucks i have from my Cabelas CC on that RMR you posted @RerouteToRemain ...

Hhhhrrrmmmmm

get one of these for my AR-10 on a QD mount:
RRBLKSPDRBSO1-4X24.jpg

Not sure how that cost but you could look at Atibal. They have 1-6 FFP for a pretty good price.

XP6_Mirage_BLACK_side2.jpg

atibal_XP6_02.jpg

https://www.opticsplanet.com/atibal...w-lever-front-focal-plane-ffp-riflescope.html

$318 after code: freeze

OpticsPlanet is doing a similar sale.

Hadn't heard that issue with brightness on the DI versions.

EDIT:
And the most helpful negative review I see:
https://www.opticsplanet.com/review...ber-dot-rm04-red-dot-sight-review-221486.html

Guess I'll be looking at some of the LED versions.

Wonder if I can use some Cabela's bucks i have from my Cabelas CC on that RMR you posted @RerouteToRemain ...

Hhhhrrrmmmmm

Yup washout and lack of brightness at certain times. I think I read the same complaint about these that the acogs have. If you are in the shade/dark and the target is in the sun/well lit it will wash out.

Not sure how that cost but you could look at Atibal. They have 1-6 FFP for a pretty good price.

XP6_Mirage_BLACK_side2.jpg

atibal_XP6_02.jpg

https://www.opticsplanet.com/atibal...w-lever-front-focal-plane-ffp-riflescope.html

$318 after code: freeze
https://www.opticsplanet.com/black-spider-optics-1-4x24-30mm-illuminated-riflescope.html

$258 for the BSO one. Not FFP though and smaller magnification range.

I know it's a dumb pet peeve sorta thing but I hate capped turrets. Part of it is I have to futz with caps in order to make an adjustment and also outside of the ones on my Vortex Spitfire 3x which have small steel wires holding it onto the optic I always fucking drop the caps and lose them.

Yup washout and lack of brightness at certain times. I think I read the same complaint about these that the acogs have. If you are in the shade/dark and the target is in the sun/well lit it will wash out.
I know a friend that had the FO ACOG in Iraq and he had a piece of electrical tape on the majority of the light intake "thing" so to speak during the days.

Asked him why and he said without the tap there it would wash out.

Lucas from T-Rex does something similar I think.

I would think so.
Yeah, I figured out how to do it. Definitely hope that sale is going on in a couple days now and I'll nab it.

I wanted the Vortex Viper initially as I love Vortex's stuff but the adjustment slots for them and the locking allenhead are stuck in a spot where you have to remove the rear iron sight to get to them if you mount the RD in front of the Iron sight.

Anyone here have experience with RMR's?

Looking to grab one for the Polymer80 build I have and WANT the dual illuminated one but at the minimum 7 MOA dot I am wondering if I should go for the battery powered ones to have a more precise dot?

EDIT:
Looking around online reminds me this is for a pistol and not like an AR. I know a guy that has an RMR on his SBR AR that he uses for home defense and a truck gun and he has one of the 2 MOA dot versions. The one he has on his pistol is like 8 MOA.

THAT said, still curious if anyone has experience with the dual illuminated versions. Rather not have to futz with taking the RMR off my slide when a battery dies as the DI versions are a mix of fiber optics and tritium.

Just put on on my CZ SP-01. Had it out the range twice. It's different. I don't seem to naturally aim in a way that finds the dot. It also makes me painfully aware of how shaky I am. :( But it's overall very easy to be accurate with.

Pretty sure mine's just battery-powered (Trijicon RMR06).

So I installed the apex trigger. Definitely a pita to do. Feelings are mixed. I'll play with it more tomorrow and update.

So I put the stock trigger return spring back in and now I like it more. The springs they provide are actually heavier, they said it's like that because the sear and striker block really reduce pull weight and with some people's guns the stock spring would make it as low as around 2.25#. The silver spring is supposed to be around 3lb, green about 4. I don't have a gauge but I'd guess(based on my AR triggers) the silver was actually around 4lbs in my gun. Now with the stock spring it feels more like 3lb range.

Only one thing bothers me about the trigger is the trigger safety. Not a fan, feels like the spring is maybe too strong, idk. Removing it voids the warranty. I'll see if I get used to it or if it gets better.

Trigger is good, tbh I was expecting a bit better. It definitely took away the ridiculously long take up and has much less over travel but I was expecting a cleaner break. Slightly better than stock(I did have the performance center trigger though which is significantly better than a regular m&p) but still a slight amount of creep if I do a really slow controlled pull. Reset I wish was just very slightly shorter but it's pretty good.

These are all dry fire thoughts. I'll again update tomorrow after I take it out shooting.

d0IFo5M.jpg

So the M&P pc is awesome. Red dot is badass on a pistol, trigger is great. 200 rounds, no issues.

Apex, creep isn't detectable while firing. Feels light and pretty crisp. Still not a big fan of the trigger safety but after a round or so you basically forget about it. In summary, I think it was worth the upgrade now having fired it.

Last edited:
bLh8No1.jpg

Finally got my Radian build out. Did a mini break in with patches. 3, 5, 5. I was planning in doing a couple more but it was cleaning up pretty quickly and I had read once that happens it's g2g.

Took me a while to sight it in. Used a laser bore sight at 25. Thing was way off, fired a round at 100 and missed everything. Fired at the 25 yard target, laser was off 3" low and 4" left. With the pita that is setting up the zero stops and me doing cleaning break in cycles it took a while. Ran out of light to start group tests with different ammo.

I sighted it in using Hornady black 75gr. I did three 5 round groups with this while sighting/breaking in. First 5 round group was right at 1", 2nd & 3rd was .8x moa. I'm pretty happy with that, I wasn't really taking my time either and I wasn't using any of my match ammo. I'm not sure how quality or match the Hornady black stuff is but I was hoping for at least 1" groups out of it. Looks like it's definitely capable of it. I'll try again another time. Last 10 minutes or so was spent shooting steel at 250.

7Bz1tT9.jpg

KjEubIh.jpg

Rifle is incredible. Buttery soft and smooth, trigger is amazing, scope is amazing, etc. Really happy with it so far. I'm really hoping for some consistent .5 moa with some of my match ammo.

I really want that scope for my 6.5 build. Gotta get that build done though while still saving up.

EDIT:
Does anyone know if there's a place online where you can buy like demo version of optics? Or used?

I know there's gunbroker but it's real hard to muddle through what they have available for what you want

Last edited:
I really want that scope for my 6.5 build. Gotta get that build done though while still saving up.

EDIT:
Does anyone know if there's a place online where you can buy like demo version of optics? Or used?

I know there's gunbroker but it's real hard to muddle through what they have available for what you want

Yeah it's badass.

Dvor, Optics planet, scopelist, etc have demos available from time to time. Armslist. Try forums. Snipers hide, ar15, etc.

Yeah it's badass.

Dvor, Optics planet, scopelist, etc have demos available from time to time. Armslist. Try forums. Snipers hide, ar15, etc.
I looked through a 1-6 I think at the shop a week or two ago.

PRETTY sure I got hard from looking through it.

d0IFo5M.jpg

So the M&P pc is awesome. Red dot is badass on a pistol, trigger is great. 200 rounds, no issues.

Apex, creep isn't detectable while firing. Feels light and pretty crisp. Still not a big fan of the trigger safety but after a round or so you basically forget about it. In summary, I think it was worth the upgrade now having fired it.

I have a Glock 20 (10mm) that Ive been messing with at home. I installed a new trigger group from glock triggers.com, kkm barrel, trijicon sights, and put some vickers base plates on 5 mags for it, and got a custom slde plate cover that just has the shape of the state of Alaska on it. Its pretty cool. Ive shot about 200 rounds of sellier and bellot 180g range fodder and several different loads of underwood ammo through it.

I have a Glock 20 (10mm) that Ive been messing with at home. I installed a new trigger group from glock triggers.com, kkm barrel, trijicon sights, and put some vickers base plates on 5 mags for it, and got a custom slde plate cover that just has the shape of the state of Alaska on it. Its pretty cool. Ive shot about 200 rounds of sellier and bellot 180g range fodder and several different loads of underwood ammo through it.

I'm going to get some Taran Tactical 6 round extended bases for my mags.

I've thought about a custom back plate. I was looking at flatline ops.

IMG_0392.png

Matches the slide milling. Idk I probably won't change it.

I picked up a WASR for less than $500 on Friday.

I thought my wife green lit the purchase when I got a set of plum magpul furniture for Christmas. It was used and dirty at the gun store. Did a quick inspection and it looked okay. Took it home and de-greased it. Ran it through the hot water bath and did a thorough inspection. Did a steel wool once over in preparation for a quick duracoat job.

I have a variety of AK's but I kinda like this one for some reason. It didn't take my croatian mags very well so I sat with a file set for about 5 minutes until it did. Did a quick check with pmags, croats, and drums. All good now.

I told my dad to start looking around in Florida for any $500 WASRs he can find. I think I am going to start collecting more AK's now.

EDIT: Oh yeah, I forgot to mention I did a couple of conversions on my P226's. I dropped a threaded barrel in my 9mm. I had picked up a 9mm conversion kit from my visit to the Sig Academy in NH. Pleasantly surprised to see the elite serrations and night sights on the slide. Going to dump my .40 slide and barrel on ebay or something. And find someone to buy my .40 ammo. It was my only .40 gun. Got it off my old SGM for $400 when he PCS'd to japan.

I guess I can dual wield p226 9mm's now.

...also need to triple up on mags for those guns. FFS.

Back