Incoming Ballistic Missile to Hawaii (Update: Nah)

So the story here is that some moron hit the wrong button during a shift change? Really? It's that easy?

Wrong button? Like, what the hell were they doing, that that was even a possibility? Where is this button, and why is it so easily accessible? Aren't there procedures to go through, before they even send out such a warning? What, did the "Don't Touch" sticky note fall off the button? What kind of Mickey Mouse operation are they running over there?

The nuclear defense and warning apparatus of the United States has less failsafes than a grill at a fast food joint in 2018.

.....So -How many preppers are currently holed up in their private bunkers, refusing to believe the desinformation of it being a Snafu, and just refusing to come out?

This would be amazing. A dozen dudes across Hawaii talking via Hamm radio thinking Hawaii got full on mushroomed, and the reports of it being fine are just a trick to get them to go outside and expose themselves to the radiation and die but they’re too smart for that lol

Someone make this a reality show

What would be sad is if some hardcore CTer decided to end his life or people around them so they wouldn't die and suffer from radiation poisoning.

During the press conf, one woman reporter asked about those without cellphones or internet like the elderly and the homeless. I'm guessing they're shit out of luck and hopefully the elderly lived long happy lives and the homeless probably have enough brain damage from drugs they won't know the difference.

During the press conf, one woman reporter asked about those without cellphones or internet like the elderly and the homeless. I'm guessing they're shit out of luck and hopefully the elderly lived long happy lives and the homeless probably have enough brain damage from drugs they won't know the difference.
There would have been messages on all mediums. This was a fuck up that sent the text is all.

Governor Ige should resign from this. A disaster to have your citizens in terror for 40 minutes. Even with the initial text fuck-up, why did it take 40 minutes to get a correction/counter message out?

I like it how the officials used twitter first to announce it was a false alarm, and only significantly later to conventional SMS.

How many babies will be born nine months from now in hawaii?

I live on the big island but I’m here in Honolulu for the weekend. I handle emergency preparedness for the organization I work so I’ve had several civil defense briefing on the nuclear threat and understand the Honolulu is a very strategic target.

I was walking on the street when I got the text and was outside of a mall, I’m staying downtown in a hotel. I went into the mall and went into an ABC Store and went into the dressing room.

Guess what was playing on the speakers? The Weekend’s “I feel it coming.” When I heard the chorus repeating over and over “I feel it coming” I was like this would be a strange way to go!

As a modern guy I spent potentially my last few minutes of life snap chatting with my kids telling them I love them. :)

Maybe there was some shift change procedure during an exercise that required the system to be "live" in some way, that an incoming employee was not aware of, and continued with a "live" system thinking it was in exercise condition. That's the only way I can reconcile that, and I've definitely seen that sort of thing happen in military exercises, so it could make sense.

I imagined something like Lost where you gotta push the button every 8 hours or it sounds out the "you're all fucking fucked" alert.

I was legit laughing out loud at this. Tell your wife she's awesome.

She thanks you for your support. The drinks have calmed her nerves.

Did they have an emergency, 'oops, we fucked up' message?

Eventually.

I live on the big island..

If you're not a douche hit me up. :cool:

Back