Meme Thread v.10: Dumb Memes with Warroom Themes, Christmas Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
This quote is old but always timely

resized_7a416.jpg

It is a good quote, but ironic coming from Fry who got offended and ran off twitter.

This is my general reply to anyone that supports higher taxation:

"You're perfectly free and within your right to donate as much money as you like to your local, state, or federal treasury. But you don't have the right to demand more of my money and property to solve whatever ill's you think need solving.

I can't find it in it's entirety but Penn Jilette (a guy I enjoy immensely despite disagreeing with him on some points) had a bit at YALcon a few years ago where he explained his conversion to Libertarianism. Imperfect analogies but he said it boiled down to two things:
"If it's wrong to punish someone who has done nothing wrong, then it's wrong to reward someone who has done nothing right."
...and...
"The government has a monopoly on force and, if we're truly a government of the people, I shouldn't want them to do anything I wouldn't do. Would I use force or threat of force to stop a murder? Yes. A rape? Yes. A robbery? Well, yeah. Yeah sure. Would I use force to secure funding for a library?"

This is my general reply to anyone that supports higher taxation:

"You're perfectly free and within your right to donate as much money as you like to your local, state, or federal treasury. But you don't have the right to demand more of my money and property to solve whatever ill's you think need solving.

Except for the taxes that buy military hardware, or pay police, or teachers, or firefighters, or the taxes you pay to SS, and Medicare.

Basically where 75% of your taxes go.

But Bernie wants free stuff right?

Except for the taxes that buy military hardware, or pay police, or teachers, or firefighters, or the taxes you pay to SS, and Medicare.

Basically where 75% of your taxes go.

But Bernie wants free stuff right?
If those things are important to you, then you are perfectly free and within your right to fund them.

What you don't have the right to do, is demand that of others.

If those things are important to you, then you are perfectly free and within your right to fund them.

What you don't have the right to do, is demand that of others.

If you aren't trolling, then you don't actually believe in anything.

Did you support trump and the GOP's 300 billion increase to defense spending, yes or no?

If you aren't trolling, then you don't actually believe in anything.

Did you support trump and the GOP's 300 billion increase to defense spending, yes or no?
Honestly, one of the places we could probably cut some costs is our massive military defense budget.

The main reason this never happens, is the same reason you don't quit paying your insurance premiums. No one knows the future.

Someone make a v11 linking this thread to the OP please.

Thanks,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back