weakest state in usa for mma

tekkenfan

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
what state in the us do you think has the less talent of producing fighters?

marcus davis told me that at pro level some guys dont even train just go up and try to fight pro in maine mississippi use to be horrible for mma easy wins but everyone quit fighting there its sad every fight card there is guys from tenneessee and alabama

There's some correlation between talented fighters and state population so i'd say Wyoming probably has the least talent for MMA. Rhode Island actually has a pretty popular MMA scene and have shows for CES MMA there which is a well known regional league thats on AXS TV. Wyoming had two MMA events in all of 2017

There's some correlation between talented fighters and state population so i'd say Wyoming probably has the least talent for MMA. Rhode Island actually has a pretty popular MMA scene and have shows for CES MMA there which is a well known regional league thats on AXS TV. Wyoming had two MMA events in all of 2017

i wana fight some bums as a pro lol ill even travel far if i have to i know that sounds bad but havent fought in awhile and want some easy wins

marcus davis told me that at pro level some guys dont even train just go up and try to fight pro in maine mississippi use to be horrible for mma easy wins but everyone quit fighting there its sad every fight card there is guys from tenneessee and alabama
I'm not surprised. Maine has a small population spread out across a fairly big territory

wyoming
maine
montana

We have NEF here in Maine which is popular, but I’ll admit it’s pretty weak.

A bunch of kids from my town in northern Maine made their own gym with no pros or anything, just train with each other and compete

I’m assuming North and South Dakota, Vermont, Idaho and Montana are pretty weak as well

A lot of guys from Mass come up here regularly and beat the shit out of Maine fighters lol, I wouldn’t be surprised if guys with no training came up and fought as well

A bunch of kids from my town in northern Maine made their own gym with no pros or anything, just train with each other and compete

I’m assuming North and South Dakota, Vermont, Idaho and Montana are pretty weak as well

Wyoming
Maine
Montana

These are the states that came to mind when I first thought about the question. Some of the others listed are good ones too.

Idaho's population has been growing rapidly over the past decade or so, fastest growth in the US last year and expected to increase 3 times the national average in the coming years. Probably a combination of things including the growth of Washington State, Oregon, and Utah.* Their MMA scene seems to have been improving relative to some of the other states mentioned here.

South Dakota is a little bit better then other states listed too but it is a fairly large state with less then 840,000 people in it.

I don't feel great writing too much about this subject as I don't live in these states but over the years I have seen fighters from Idaho and South Dakota and that they have camps with semi-decent fighters, pro and ammy at them. Less so the other states listed.

*Driving on I-84 across country or to different State or National parks out that way, over the years, you can see massive changes it the landscape out there in Southern Idaho. Other areas have seen growth too.

--
Alaska probably a decent one. Agreed. I always think of Alaska Fighting Championship though. They have been going at it for years. Sometimes producing semi-decent fighters including a few in the UFC. (I admit to being more of a Women's MMA person so my view is skewed to that subject matter. I can't think of any of them still training in Alaska after getting into bigger promotions though.)

Last edited:
A lot of guys from Mass come up here regularly and beat the shit out of Maine fighters lol, I wouldn’t be surprised if guys with no training came up and fought as well
really lol id fight for free if they paid for my travel lol how often do they do shows do you know any promoters?

i was thinking those states. Vermont might not be though, ~40% of their population is concentrated around burlington, which itself isn't far from Montreal. Could lead to a fair amount more crossover. Kind of like with New Hampshire, a lot of the population here is concetrated on the southern portion of the state and its an hour or less from most of the populated areas to boston

I know Ariel Beck who fights at UFC is from Montana and it
does show with her do to the fact her gym is a small one that
does not have any of the resources that the major gyms have.

This. Some other fighters I know travel up there from here in FL to smash guys.

Arkansas or Mars. Whichever seems like a good answer for this stupid question.

I would say Texas is the weakest state given the size to quality ratio.

Its the 2nd most populated state with almost 30 million people and all they produce recently is at best lower prelim level fighter that don't stay long in UFC (guys like Matt Hobar, Damon Jackson, Daniel Pineda, Alex Morono ).

2nd most populated state in the USA and there best UFC fighter right now is probably Ryan Benoit whose a .500 flyweight.......

les_simpsons_016_alaska.jpg

I would say Texas is the weakest state given the size to quality ratio.

Its the 2nd most populated state with almost 30 million people and all they produce recently is at best lower prelim level fighter that don't stay long in UFC (guys like Matt Hobar, Damon Jackson, Daniel Pineda, Alex Morono ).

2nd most populated state in the USA and there best UFC fighter right now is probably Ryan Benoit whose a .500 flyweight.......
James Vick dude

James Vick dude
Forgot about him which is strange since i like him.

Regardless that's still pretty sad that your best fighter by a decent margin still isn't even a top 10 and your the 2nd most populated state.....

Back