Unpopular Opinion: X-MEN: APOCALYPSE (2016) Is a Better Superhero Movie Than LOGAN (2017)

There's only two good xmen movies, the first one, and only because it was first. The other was X Men: first class. The rest are grade A garbage, that should be erased from our collective memory.
Using that logic, whenever Marvel makes their own Fantastic 4 movie, the original FOX one will still be the best because it was the first.
The first Xmen was garbage. It may have been good at THAT time because it was all we had in terms of Xmen/comic movies, but it wasn't good.

I liked First Class for what it was, but my like of that movie was 95% because of the casting and chemistry between Fassbender's Magneto and McAvoy's Xavier. In no world can you have an Xmen film that is centered around Mystique, and has Banshee, Havok, Darwin, and some stripper girl with butterfly wings as the original Xmen.
It was not an Xmen movie. It was based on the ideas of the comic.
It really is baffling why they even chose to make up their own story when FOX had all the rights to the characters, and better stories were already there for the taking.

X-Men: Apocalypse is much much better than Logan.

Logan is the waekest X-Men movie, only surpassed by Deadpool... Days of Future Past is the best comic book movie.

Last edited:
Using that logic, whenever Marvel makes their own Fantastic 4 movie, the original FOX one will still be the best because it was the first.
The first Xmen was garbage. It may have been good at THAT time because it was all we had in terms of Xmen/comic movies, but it wasn't good.

I liked First Class for what it was, but my like of that movie was 95% because of the casting and chemistry between Fassbender's Magneto and McAvoy's Xavier. In no world can you have an Xmen film that is centered around Mystique, and has Banshee, Havok, Darwin, and some stripper girl with butterfly wings as the original Xmen.
It was not an Xmen movie. It was based on the ideas of the comic.
It really is baffling why they even chose to make up their own story when FOX had all the rights to the characters, and better stories were already there for the taking.
no, and the fox one wasn't even first.

This is a good video explaining the symbolism in the movie Logan.

I agree I didn't like either of the stand alone wolverine movies at all.

This thread made me go back and rewatch this piece of shit movie.
If you think this movie was better than Logan then you have to also believe that the Transformers movie deserve Oscars.

I had only seen the movie in theaters once, so this was my 2nd go round with the movie.
Just god awful
It made absolutely no sense.
Why the fuck would Magneto, Psylocke, Storm and Angel be on board with DESTROYING THE WORLD?????? Why the hell does Apocalypse even want that? Magneto would never follow Apocalypse, or anyone around like a little bitch. That is not his character. He's arrogant as fuck
And then what makes Magneto and Storm turn against him in the end?
Magneto killed MILLIONS of people, how the hell is he and Xavier cool with each other at the end? How does Storm get to join the team?

Lol and what the fuck were Apocalypse's powers? Controlling sand? Giving power to others? If he can increase powers, then why doesn't he just do it to himself and make him unlimitedely powerful? Why does he need Horsemen if he has so much power?
And what is this technology he has that can transfer one's consciousness into another body?
Sophie is a terrible Jean Grey.
Mystique as leader of the Xmen is fucking retarded.
They even managed to make McAvoy's Professor X super cringe with his fawning over Moira.

And the movie was full of Singer's cheesy bullshit and lame jokes

Top to bottom terrible fucking movie.
Be a fucking ashamed of yourself TS
<DisgustingHHH>

*And how the hell does one accidentally shoot not just one, but TWO people with ONE arrow from a bow?
*Why was Angel a Russian drunk?
*Psylocke's costume looked like cheap cosplay, and her psi knife doesn't work like that, nor has it ever been a whip.
*The entire scene at the Weapon X facility was POINTLESS. It was only there to give Wolverine a cameo.
*Why did Wolverine have to be shoehorned in? It makes the love triangle between him, Jean, and Cyclops even more creepy since he meets her while she's basically a high school student.
*Why the hell would Stryker's team humanely take out the Xmen students and then only take 4 of them prisoner? He hates mutants.
*And they flew from Canada to Egypt before Magneto was able to destroy the world?
*lol at "look...there's flight suits to put on" to give them costumes
*Quicksilver is ridiculously overpowered. Ifnhe can move that fast, then what stops him?
*Why wouldn't he tell Magneto he was his son? And lol Fassbender doesn't look old enough to be his father.
*SO MUCH YELLING. "UNLEASH YOUR POWER JEAN" Apocalypse yelling at the heavens..
*So much cheesy lines to shoehorn codenames. "Cause...Havok" "it's like an Apocalypse,.."
*Why can Beast turn on and off his powers?
*There are THREE blue mutants..half of the Xmen are blue....
*That was the cutest girl you could find to play Jubilee?
*Nightcrawler can just go to the mall in broad daylight?

Fuck. I hated this movie.

I liked First Class for what it was, but my like of that movie was 95% because of the casting and chemistry between Fassbender's Magneto and McAvoy's Xavier.

The casting and chemistry between Stewart and McKellen >>> by a large margin, they were just in a much worse movie.

This thread made me go back and rewatch this piece of shit movie.
If you think this movie was better than Logan then you have to also believe that the Transformers movie deserve Oscars.

I had only seen the movie in theaters once, so this was my 2nd go round with the movie.
Just god awful
It made absolutely no sense.
Why the fuck would Magneto, Psylocke, Storm and Angel be on board with DESTROYING THE WORLD?????? Why the hell does Apocalypse even want that? Magneto would never follow Apocalypse, or anyone around like a little bitch. That is not his character. He's arrogant as fuck
And then what makes Magneto and Storm turn against him in the end?
Magneto killed MILLIONS of people, how the hell is he and Xavier cool with each other at the end? How does Storm get to join the team?

Lol and what the fuck were Apocalypse's powers? Controlling sand? Giving power to others? If he can increase powers, then why doesn't he just do it to himself and make him unlimitedely powerful? Why does he need Horsemen if he has so much power?
And what is this technology he has that can transfer one's consciousness into another body?
Sophie is a terrible Jean Grey.
Mystique as leader of the Xmen is fucking retarded.
They even managed to make McAvoy's Professor X super cringe with his fawning over Moira.

And the movie was full of Singer's cheesy bullshit and lame jokes

Top to bottom terrible fucking movie.
Be a fucking ashamed of yourself TS
<DisgustingHHH>

Hands down the dumbest part of the movie was the winged guy getting to be one of the horsemen. I guess he was in the comics but it was probably retarded there as well.

To the people saying that Logan was anything other than amazing.... are you motherfuckers high!?

1. Logan
2. Deadpool

3. X2
4. X1

5. DoFP
6. The Wolverine
7. First Class

8. X-3
9. X-Men Origins: Wolverine
10. AoA
Agreed with this list.

Hands down the dumbest part of the movie was the winged guy getting to be one of the horsemen. I guess he was in the comics but it was probably retarded there as well.

He was one of the original 5 Xmen, and he was a member of Apocalypse's horsemen, but there was acrtually a good, complicated story to explain that in the comcis, would have been interesting for a movie.
He has to get his wings amputated due to a medical condition, and he gets depressed because he loses his ability to fly, and being a mutant is part of his identity. Apocalypse approches him and tells him he can help him, he accepts, and Apocalypse does experiments and brainwashing on him to put him under his control. He has more power than simply flying as well
Its why i hate all of the Xmen movies, because they aren't Xmen movies.
I don't know why they even bother to take characters from the comics and then make up their own stories.
This would be like if Marvel made Black Widow the leader of the Avengers, and Loki joins the Avengers, and Thor is really a bad guy, and there's a guy that looks exactly like Hulk...but he's not actually Hulk, Hawkeye is played by Will Smith, so he gets a bigger part in the movie than Captain America.
The fuck is the point in making an Xmen movie and then not using the source material?

Lol also, Apocalypse says "i want to find the strongest mutants for my team", he literally just picks up the first 2 he runs into in Storm and Psylocke. And how would "guy with wings" make it to the team? How does he even fly with metal wings?

He was one of the original 5 Xmen, and he was a member of Apocalypse's horsemen, but there was acrtually a good, complicated story to explain that in the comcis, would have been interesting for a movie.
He has to get his wings amputated due to a medical condition, and he gets depressed because he loses his ability to fly, and being a mutant is part of his identity. Apocalypse approches him and tells him he can help him, he accepts, and Apocalypse does experiments and brainwashing on him to put him under his control. He has more power than simply flying as well
Its why i hate all of the Xmen movies, because they aren't Xmen movies.
I don't know why they even bother to take characters from the comics and then make up their own stories.
This would be like if Marvel made Black Widow the leader of the Avengers, and Loki joins the Avengers, and Thor is really a bad guy, and there's a guy that looks exactly like Hulk...but he's not actually Hulk, Hawkeye is played by Will Smith, so he gets a bigger part in the movie than Captain America.
The fuck is the point in making an Xmen movie and then not using the source material?

Lol also, Apocalypse says "i want to find the strongest mutants for my team", he literally just picks up the first 2 he runs into in Storm and Psylocke. And how would "guy with wings" make it to the team? How does he even fly with metal wings?

Because Bryan Singer doesn't like the costumes or the characters as they are, he just likes the superpowers and basic premise of the character. Hence why he chose a 6'2 guy to play Wolverine.

Back