How good was this Korean Taekwondo teams kicking by todays standards,?

spacetime

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Late 80s early 90s TKD. Much different rules and mentality. Spinning back kick KO first fight

What level of kicking are they? Looks sharp to me.

Last edited:
Pretty sharp they could KO a sweater but without modern nutrition and boxing trading I doubt they could drop a jacket/coat.

Pretty sharp they could KO a sweater but without modern nutrition and boxing trading I doubt they could drop a jacket/coat.

Can you name a K1 fighter past or present who kicked better?

Albert Kraus would hit give em huge problems especially considering his boxing.
Although if you gave these guys golden gloves level boxing and mama gloves they might be able to KO Cro Cop

Buakaw, sittichai, superbon, yodsanklai, petrosyan, petpanomrung, kaew, Cro Cop and some of the other good kickers during the golden heavyweight kickboxing days.

Just because TKD kicks are more flashy and look good doesn't mean they're more effective than muaythai kicks.

Albert Kraus would hit give em huge problems especially considering his boxing.
Although if you gave these guys golden gloves level boxing and mama gloves they might be able to KO Cro Cop

This is a discussion about kicking only.

Kraus and Zambo would kick em up.

In a kicking context? Rogan who lived in that world thinks they would KO some MMA dudes, although their luck would run out eventually of course, since they can't grapple

In a kicking context? Rogan who lived in that world thinks they would KO some MMA dudes, although their luck would run out eventually of course, since they can't grapple
Yup straight kicking zambo would destroy them.
That's true Rogan did live that life. He went their country and beat the best at their own game. Have you seen the rogan kicking a heavy bag video it's stupefying how much power he can generate. It must be the kettle bells

Yup straight kicking zambo would destroy them.
That's true Rogan did live that life. He went their country and beat the best at their own game. Have you seen the rogan kicking a heavy bag video it's stupefying how much power he can generate. It must be the kettle bells

His spinning back kick is world class. The rest is pretty average. Not impressed

I don't know about that his TKD is top notch in mma gloves he would KO all those guys in the video

He's your cro cop. I have taken three years of kickboxing but we had tkd sparring. And I have just moved into the intermediate group of boxers I don't look great on the mits but I can beat up the guys who look better than me in sparring.

Buakaw, sittichai, superbon, yodsanklai, petrosyan, petpanomrung, kaew, Cro Cop and some of the other good kickers during the golden heavyweight kickboxing days.

Just because TKD kicks are more flashy and look good doesn't mean they're more effective than muaythai kicks.

How dare you not mention Andy Hug :eek:

@Snubnoze707 Can we not ban that troll spacetime? He's a waste of space and a waste of time, hence the nickname.

@Snubnoze707 Can we not ban that troll spacetime? He's a waste of space and a waste of time, hence the nickname.
His contributions are terrible, no doubt. They just aren't frequent and flagrant enough to be able to get the mods on board though...

His contributions are terrible, no doubt. They just aren't frequent and flagrant enough to be able to get the mods on board though...

"contributions"? what a choice of word...

"contributions"? what a choice of word...
Ya know, like when your grandmother gives you an ugly ass sweater for your birthday and it goes into the trash later that evening. Thanks, but no thanks.

Why are there so many stalkers in here? Do you really have nothing better to do than dig through my post history and follow me around here?

Stay with the subject. The subject is the Olympic Korean Taekwondo team of 1988.

Back