2018 Royal Rumble Live Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Son of a bitch, where is my Trish gif reddit?!?!

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that WrestleMania is going to be a 4-way...

That way they can protect Ronda by having the other three work most of the match with Rousey getting in her spots as well

I doubt they put her in a singles match so soon
that’s what I said in another thread about them doing a 4 horsewoman match. Enough people in the ring to cover her inexperience.

I just watched six full hours of wrestling, staying up until 04:20am, not because I loved the product but because I was expecting something exciting to happen.

There was nothing outstanding about this event.

Three preshow matches were serviceable, that’s all.

AJ Styles V Owens and Zayn was technically sound but too competitive. Styles should have been dominated and decimated from the start, until catching one of them off guard.

Usos V Benjamin/Gable was ok but could have been better. Wanted to see more out of Benjamin and Gable.

Men’s Royal Rumble match was oddly placed on the card. There were a few surprises (like Almas and Mysterio who did well) and Balor worked incredibly hard, but in my opinion they could have taken more risks and thought outside the box a bit more. Nakamura winning was a real feel good moment, although I’d have liked to have seen more from him during the match in terms of consistency. I’d have liked to have seen Almas go right to the end as well.

The Bar V Rollins and Jordan came off as having a very odd pace, not helped by the bafflingly bad commentary and a dead crowd.

Lesnar V Kane V Strowman had the same problem, though the match was enjoyable from a hard-hitting perspective. Predictable, oddly stiff in some areas, ruined by pathetic commentary. If I was in charge, I’d fire both Booker T and Michael Cole.

Women’s Rumble match was generally sloppy (from both newer and older wrestlers) and surrounded by bad announcing and commentary and sickening self-praise for something that should have happened decades ago. It was nice to see so many returning wrestlers though, so it was fun to watch for the nostalgia act alone. I’m glad that Asuka won, though I’d have liked to have seen more from Kairi Sane, Ember Moon and Beth Phoenix. Kelly Kelly was terrible, but she had the best elimination in Rumble history.

I’m glad that Stephanie McMahon and Ronda Rousey didn’t interfere in the match, but talk about completely stealing Asukas spotlight. Shit booking.

I’d recommend watching the two Rumble matches but just checking out the highlight videos on YouTube for the rest. It wasn’t a great show, just different. NXT Takeover had far less going for it, but once again a Takeover is of far better quality than the main roster PPV.

Overall I'm not as cynical about the event or the Women's Rumble itself, but then I did sleep through the first part of the show (jumped in during Smackdown tag match) since I'd stayed up for New Beginning. I enjoyed the event.

But man it's been an incredible weekend of rasslin' for me. Two NJPW shows, Takeover, the Rumble. I'm exhausted.

This whole card seemed off to me:

Aj vs KAMI: I expected fuckery, but no Shane or DB involvement was just strange.

Usos/Gable/Not Jordan: 2 straight falls, and for the Usos???

Mens Rumble: wasn't horrible, but other than Nakamura winning it was forgettable.

Raw tag match: if Sheamus is so hurt, why put the belts on them? It isn't like there is a ton of face teams.

Universal title: seemed super rushed.

Women's rumble: obvious winner (since no RRR), but then to have RRR come out after takes an Andre the Giant sized shit on the whole thing.

Somebody said they thought this card would be better than NXT last night. All I have to say to that is
<JonesDXSuckIt>

This whole card seemed off to me:

Aj vs KAMI: I expected fuckery, but no Shane or DB involvement was just strange.

Usos/Gable/Not Jordan: 2 straight falls, and for the Usos???

Mens Rumble: wasn't horrible, but other than Nakamura winning it was forgettable.

Raw tag match: if Sheamus is so hurt, why put the belts on them? It isn't like there is a ton of face teams.

Universal title: seemed super rushed.

Women's rumble: obvious winner (since no RRR), but then to have RRR come out after takes an Andre the Giant sized shit on the whole thing.

Somebody said they thought this card would be better than NXT last night. All I have to say to that is
<JonesDXSuckIt>
As far as the tag titles go, Jordan is injured and cannot wrestle, so they pulled the titles.

As far as the tag titles go, Jordan is injured and cannot wrestle, so they pulled the titles.

What the hell happened to him? And why go with Sheamus and Cesaro when Sheamus seems fucked too?

If I was in charge, I’d fire both Booker T and Michael Cole.
tenor.gif

27a288148ae911ac9f90f634b8b614dceb90a85fb0047f534804f9f841c19612.jpg

What the hell happened to him? And why go with Sheamus and Cesaro when Sheamus seems fucked too?
Back injury.

And no idea about Sheamus. Heard he had like a career ending injury, but the dude wrestles all the time and moves the same as always.

Didn't know that. The in ring work wasn't the best either (probably due to Seth and Cesaro being in the rumble for a while right before).

Back injury.

And no idea about Sheamus. Heard he had like a career ending injury, but the dude wrestles all the time and moves the same as always.

Well no wonder the Balor Club is getting a push...maybe there's hope for the Revival yet!

I'm really surprised vince went with back to back Asian winners for the rumble.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back