EA UFC 3, v2: Official Release Thread (12:00am EST 01/30 for Pre-Orders)

Dick

Gaethje BMF + LW Champ 2024
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
My body is ready! Unlocks at 9pm PT tonight or 12am EST for those of you that pre-ordered the champions edition.

Reviews are coming in and they aren't bad:

Metascore: 78 http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/ea-sports-ufc-3

conor-mcgregor-ea-ufc-3-cover-xbox-ps-both.jpg

Who are you most excited to play as? I can't wait to go zombie mode with Gaethje in ranked.

Couldn't justify the champs edition, as excited as I am for the game. Definitely jealous though!

Couldn't justify the champs edition, as excited as I am for the game. Definitely jealous though!
My man. Looking forward to some matches with you. I think we've been fighting each other since UFC 3 on ps3.

I'll get it even though I'm not an MMA fan. I just can't do another round of Fight Night Champion.

Nice. Hope to run into some of you guys, would be fun.
Game is fun although you are probably not going to see many people wanting to grapple anymore.

Nice. Hope to run into some of you guys, would be fun.
Game is fun although you are probably not going to see many people wanting to grapple anymore.

Ea be like fuck the grappling lol. Love it though. Ran through my 10 hours last night. Fucking awesome

I'll be playing tomorrow. Bout to bounce heads off the floor. Can't wait

So far I suck ass. I jumped into career mode and I'm playing as Gaethje on Pro difficulty. 0-4 to start my career.

stupid fucking game they might have slightly made the career mode better then the last game then again that game had no career mode so meh. All those training options and yet it's point and click but think god there's social media in the game. Other then the stupid twats thinking the career mode should be a simulation of that guy from Ireland I do like the striking better then the last game other wise it's shit.

I like the game, but I get the feeling that a lot of luck is involved. I won some online matches, but I can't really say I was better skill wise. I just landed some counters that rocked them, but not with smart timing or dodging. Also, I get the feeling that the game is a lot slower online than vs CPU.

I like the game, but I get the feeling that a lot of luck is involved. I won some online matches, but I can't really say I was better skill wise. I just landed some counters that rocked them, but not with smart timing or dodging. Also, I get the feeling that the game is a lot slower online than vs CPU.

Give it some time, the striking is a chess match with 2 good players. Really focus on the head movement and feints, it won't feel like luck for very long you will destroy the brawlers online

Give it some time, the striking is a chess match with 2 good players. Really focus on the head movement and feints, it won't feel like luck for very long you will destroy the brawlers online

Exactly this. Give it time. You just aren't recognizing the "why" yet.

I hope so :) Sure I've had some matches where the other guy came out swinging for the fences. With the adjusted stamina system, it's easier to take them out. However, for example, I was fighting a guy that threw a lot of hooks. So he threw a right hook and I ducked/swayed, but he still grazed me and I couldn't counter. It's easier to not duck/sway and just use distance to avoid the hook.

I hope so :) Sure I've had some matches where the other guy came out swinging for the fences. With the adjusted stamina system, it's easier to take them out. However, for example, I was fighting a guy that threw a lot of hooks. So he threw a right hook and I ducked/swayed, but he still grazed me and I couldn't counter. It's easier to not duck/sway and just use distance to avoid the hook.

Distance is key too but ducks in a especially are super effective. The only consistent counter to it is uppercut which most noob players don't throw.in the beta most of my KO's were ducking under jab, straight spam and landing hard counters

Decided not to cop this. Another stand and bang shit fest

So career mode is garbage. Same linear BS but they dropped the training mini-games this year and added a useless social media aspect. Who doesn't love to read fake social media comments saying how much you suck after each match?

The "Rival" system is a crock of shit. Your "Rival" is determined by whichever random character sends you a "Tweet" calling you out after a fight. You have no say in the matter and the only interactions you have with your rival are through "Tweets"

I started my career 0-4 before dropping the difficulty to "Normal". After winning 1 fight I was told my next fight I'm being scoped out by Dana White on "Looking for a fight". I win the fight ( which has some horrible commentary by Dana and Serra with audio clips ripped straight from the show) and now I'm signed to the UFC with a record of 2-4 LOL

Once you're in the UFC, It's the same BS as before. Pick 1 of 3 fighters, simulate training, fight.

You have no idea what's going on in the UFC outside of your fighter. No access to rankings, ability to view AI simulated cards and you can't even see your opponents fight history outside of their numerical record.

AI is frustrating as fuck to play against and some of the matches I feel like turning the game off because it isn't fun, at all. For example, I get my first top 10 opponent in Anthony Pettis, and in the fight Pettis stay PERFECTLY out of range at all times, refusing to engage. If I stand completely still doing nothing is the only time I can even get him to fake moving forward. Only strikes he throws are cartwheel kicks and spinning shit.

Damn sounds like shit. Another year of no single player fun lol. That sucks,but not surprised.

I play mostly online but I also have young kids. It's nice to play something that I can pause if I want to and go check on them or whatever. Can't believe there is still no simple title run mode.

i like to just make my own ppv cards or battle 1 off fights for single player. i wish the career mode was better but it's not, so i'll make my own fun.

Back