OVERWATCH, v5: The Wicked Witch is Dead

bdreason

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
New thread. With the recent Mercy nerf, the meta and gameplay have changed significantly.

On a personal note, I’m taking my nephew to watch OWL live on Feb. 7th. Of course, I’m probably more excited than he is.

What's the nerf? Haven't played in a long time.

What's the nerf? Haven't played in a long time.
Mercy
  • Valkyrie
    • No longer makes Resurrect instant
    • No longer grants a bonus Resurrect charge
    • The speed bonus Guardian Angel receives when activating Valkyrie has been decreased by 50%
    • Duration reduced from 20 seconds to 15 seconds
Developer Comments: Mercy's recent Resurrect changes have helped in allowing enemies to have more counter play in dealing with her, but she was able to use Resurrect through Valkyrie enough to largely mitigate the impact of the previous changes. Additionally, we're toning back the amount of mobility Valkyrie provides through Guardian Angel and reducing its duration to overall reduce the power of this ability.

Obligatory Moira is an awful character post.

latest

New thread. With the recent Mercy nerf, the meta and gameplay have changed significantly.

On a personal note, I’m taking my nephew to watch OWL live on Feb. 7th. Of course, I’m probably more excited than he is.
Nice, Valiant-Dynasty should be a good match. Speaking of which, Seoul-Houston is really delivering right now. Fleta is out of control.

Nice, Valiant-Dynasty should be a good match. Speaking of which, Seoul-Houston is really delivering right now. Fleta is out of control.
That match shows that Blizzard might want to take a look at the charge rate of Junkrat's ultimate. Every fight had a Rip-Tire. Balanced.

That match shows that Blizzard might want to take a look at the charge rate of Junkrat's ultimate. Every fight had a Rip-Tire. Balanced.
Yeah, either nerf the charge rate or really beef up the falloff. Make him drop a tire on someone's head for a guaranteed kill, make it more surgical.

Yeah, either nerf the charge rate or really beef up the falloff. Make him drop a tire on someone's head for a guaranteed kill, make it more surgical.
Yeah, they have to do something. Maybe they slow it down again, as it is now you can just spaz your mouse around and it's almost impossible for it to be killed.

It doesn't feel like the characters are ever going to be balanced. They make significant changes to characters so often that it's basically a dog chasing its own tail.

They should give rez to someone else, like Zen , at a strong cost. Like maybe he foregoes his orb of harmony for 2 minutes if he uses rez

They should give rez to someone else, like Zen , at a strong cost. Like maybe he foregoes his orb of harmony for 2 minutes if he uses rez
Lol, i hope you're high.
Zen's all about the orbs, sounds bad.

The fact that the only thing Blizzard felt the need to 'tune' about Junkrat was fall off damage on his mines concerns me.

That's pretty cool. Should a couple decent matches that day.

Now that Mercy is dead the witch hunt for Moira is in full force. I don’t get why so many people went healers to be F tier.

Now that Mercy is dead the witch hunt for Moira is in full force. I don’t get why so many people went healers to be F tier.
I hate Moira because shes a support version of Junkrat and I don't like that her auto-tracking attack has a range that's pretty much identical to McCrees' fall off range, seems a bit absurd. I'm also getting sort of tired of the support that requires the least mechanical skill defining the meta. Triple tank wasn't the most fun meta but at least Ana requires the most mechanical skill of all the supports.

I hate Moira because shes a support version of Junkrat and I don't like that her auto-tracking attack has a range that's pretty much identical to McCrees' fall off range, seems a bit absurd. I'm also getting sort of tired of the support that requires the least mechanical skill defining the meta. Triple tank wasn't the most fun meta but at least Ana requires the most mechanical skill of all the supports.

My biggest problem with them nerfing Moira next is that nobody will want to heal at all anymore. It’s bad enough right now with the Mercy nerf. I agree about Ana she’s one of my favorite heroes but she has like a 42% win rate across competitive lol. She’s hilariously underpowered at the moment

I got Reinhardt's legendary in a loot box and this was my first Reinhardt play after that, does the axe have additional attack damage or something,complete team wipe,
giphy.gif

moira is great if the person using her actually heals.

i ran it solo healer last night, got 14k heals and we won. her damage orbs should be used sparingly.

mercy is so slow now it's a joke.

Back