THE CLOVERFIELD PARADOX on Netflix

If you have seen THE CLOVERFIELD PARADOX, how would you rate it?

• Total voters
This timeline doesn't really make sense, unless no one mentions the first monster (NY incident) or the aliens from the second one (unless they caused the energy crisis).
The timeline of these movies just do not make any sense. In the first Cloverfield, the "found tapes" and military text would imply that the footage was historic, or at least archived and studied by a government entity. Thereby placing the viewer in the future in contrast to the movie itself. But then in the following two films, we're watching them in the present time? So did humanity survive?

I just think theyre slinging together shit at this point since Abrams is wrapped up in making Star Wars.
The next movie coming out later this year or early next year is supposed be the day before D-Day and include Nazis with alien technology. It's pretty safe to say these are all different dimensions that have been affected by the Shepard tearing a hole in the universe. What I'm interested in at this point is if the monsters from Cloverfield and Paradox have anything to do with the aliens in 10 Cloverfield Lane. I'm assuming the way Cloverfield and Paradox are connected by the monsters, Lane and the next movie will be connected by the aliens but probably still be different dimensions.

Is this good, or is Netflix the new straight to dvd?

Not really the point

Well technically this movie is connected to the first one unlike the last movie with Cloverfield in it which had zero to do with the original. Though you are right in that they are obviously trying to profit off of the name Cloverfield.

Is this good, or is Netflix the new straight to dvd?

If you like really weird sci fi that leaves most of your questions unanswered then you will probably enjoy it.

All I can think of is how easy it would've been to make an entertaining sequel to Cloverfield and how they came to think this was the way to do it.

Of all the different possibilities, even with the idea of a giant particle accelerator space station opening up a dimensional rift, they go with this. Some half-assed attempt at weird and creepy stuff connected to Cloverfield with none of it coming together for an actual story.

I had a thought about half-way through, about when they said the line about two dimensions fighting to exist, that another earth where giant monsters evolved would come into play. That they'd get there in a desperate bid to survive, realize it's nothing like their earth, and boom- monsters.

You end the movie with them running for their lives from something we don't see, then bumping into humans from their earth. As they realize monsters from this monster earth were now probably there.... boom, they turn around and we see a shot of the Cloverfield monster roaring. Fade to black.

They could've done all the space station and dimensional stuff only changed that aspect, and I would've got high on that shit.

1/10 not for me. Won't rewatch. It's just not a solid story. I don't like that they gave themselves a scapegoat of "dimensions are colliding, any bizarre thing can happen to push our story along." Would have much preferred a story where that giant beast came from the sea however with the ending of the 2nd I knew this was going to be wacky.

The next movie coming out later this year or early next year is supposed be the day before D-Day and include Nazis with alien technology. It's pretty safe to say these are all different dimensions that have been affected by the Shepard tearing a hole in the universe. What I'm interested in at this point is if the monsters from Cloverfield and Paradox have anything to do with the aliens in 10 Cloverfield Lane. I'm assuming the way Cloverfield and Paradox are connected by the monsters, Lane and the next movie will be connected by the aliens but probably still be different dimensions.
Please tell me you're joking about the Nazis.

It was OK. In the vein of Sunshine and Event Horizon but a bit more campy.

I enjoyed it but it felt like it was stuck between being horror and being sci-fi. I think a better movie could have balanced the two but it made the movie feel a bit uneven. I agree that it borrows a lot from Sunshine and Event Horizon.

The idea of "we are smashing particles together so anything can happen, past, present, or future" is a pretty good way to handwave away anything illogical.

Still torn on how I feel about this.

Giant monsters and space movies are my two favorite genres...and somehow a combo of the two didn’t really work.

Watched it the other night and did not mind it.

Entertaining but lots of unanswered questions. Will not watch again.

The ending felt like they just tacked it on to make the cloverfield connection.

I made the mistake of rewatching this hoping I'd pick up on things I'd miss, trying to see where things could fit knowing the entire story.

I'm now lowering my score to a 1/10 and suggesting no one rewatch this ever. The performances come off even weaker when you know what they're trying to achieve. Plus it becomes abundantly clear they didn't think the story through at all and collectively agreed "the dimension thing explains it" about 30 times while writing this thing.

I'm kind of mad at myself for even bothering.

I made the mistake of rewatching this hoping I'd pick up on things I'd miss, trying to see where things could fit knowing the entire story.

I'm now lowering my score to a 1/10 and suggesting no one rewatch this ever. The performances come off even weaker when you know what they're trying to achieve. Plus it becomes abundantly clear they didn't think the story through at all and collectively agreed "the dimension thing explains it" about 30 times while writing this thing.

I'm kind of mad at myself for even bothering.

I envy you for having the time to watch a movie you didn't enjoy twice.

Jesus christ, if this is what some of you consider to be a 1/10 then youve not seen SHIT.

Jesus christ, if this is what some of you consider to be a 1/10 then youve not seen SHIT.
1/10 ratings are like 10/10 ratings: highly emotional and linked to strong sentiments. It's like calling a movie "shit" or calling it "genius": it's never really either, the critics are only driven by strong emotions.

I watched it to pass time and I would rate it 5 or 6 / 10: not particularly bad but too flawed to be appreciated. Too many plot holes and too many "shock value" moments that do not make sense. A severed arm writing and helpful message on where (or inside whom) to find a missing technology? Come on!

I saw it with my girlfriend. What a waste..
4/10

Back