Lion Fight 40...wtf happened?

esum80

แทงเข่าขวา
@red
Reaction score
did you guys know about it?

didn't find out about it at all until it was over...

<{CMPALM}><{cruzshake}>

no word of it on instagram
facebook...completely missed it.
was not on fight network in canada

looked like there were good fights on the card too...going to have to look them up now.

<codychoke>

Good question, and I have somewhat of an answer. I used to watch every Lion Fight card on AXS up until the last one they broadcast on that channel which was Lion Fight 38. Apparently their deal ran out so they broadcast their penultimate card, Lion Fight 39, on FloCombat, which is a very expensive streaming service that apparently only has a pricey yearly subscription at this point. So that card is locked behind a big paywall. Accordng to the most recent tweet from Lion Fight, their most recent card Lion Fight 40 was not shown anywhere at all. Supposedly they have a new tv deal coming for upcoming cards, but it's a shame these most recent two cards are essentially unwatchable for everyone.

Lion Fight
‏ @LionFight
Feb 3
We have very loyal fans all over the world.
Lion Fight 40 is not being broadcast on TV or streaming service. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Our new TV deal will launch with our next event. We will have all the details on that soon.
We will be posting results as they come in.

Good question, and I have somewhat of an answer. I used to watch every Lion Fight card on AXS up until the last one they broadcast on that channel which was Lion Fight 38. Apparently their deal ran out so they broadcast their penultimate card, Lion Fight 39, on FloCombat, which is a very expensive streaming service that apparently only has a pricey yearly subscription at this point. So that card is locked behind a big paywall. Accordng to the most recent tweet from Lion Fight, their most recent card Lion Fight 40 was not shown anywhere at all. Supposedly they have a new tv deal coming for upcoming cards, but it's a shame these most recent two cards are essentially unwatchable for everyone.

Lion Fight
‏ @LionFight
Feb 3
We have very loyal fans all over the world.
Lion Fight 40 is not being broadcast on TV or streaming service. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Our new TV deal will launch with our next event. We will have all the details on that soon.
We will be posting results as they come in.

damn, that sucks.

thanks for the update. i don't have twitter so i didn't see that.
all i saw on their instagram account which i follow is still an old picture about lion fight 35

or

lion fight 39

and i don't follow scott kent who DID post about LF40 which is why i didn't even bother looking at their FB page. my gf and i were watching UFC and she turns to me and said...there's a lion fight card on tonight?

<Huh2>

Wow that was a quick demise. That sucks I'm going to miss the goat Jo Nattawut demonstrating his skill in Lion Fight.

damn, that sucks.

thanks for the update. i don't have twitter so i didn't see that.
all i saw on their instagram account which i follow is still an old picture about lion fight 35

or

lion fight 39

and i don't follow scott kent who DID post about LF40 which is why i didn't even bother looking at their FB page. my gf and i were watching UFC and she turns to me and said...there's a lion fight card on tonight?

<Huh2>

You have an elite girlfriend there if she watches UFC and is aware of a Lion Fight card that isn't even on tv. :D

Wow that was a quick demise. That sucks I'm going to miss the goat Jo Nattawut demonstrating his skill in Lion Fight.
It was neither quick nor a demise if they have a new tv deal soon to be announced as mentioned in the Tweet. Forty cards and on tv for a few years.

You have an elite girlfriend there if she watches UFC and is aware of a Lion Fight card that isn't even on tv. :D

well...i also have to sit through the wmma fights with her.

<{1-17}>

but on the bright side, she's super into ufc and muay thai.

in case anyone's looking for them:

awesome, seen slava and alexi fight plenty of times here in NZ, 2 of the best from our country, fun fact - israel adesanya has a win over slava.

i heard a while back that lion fight was not doing too well. Hopefully this isnt the beginning of the end.

Back