Recent fights/results/news from Kickboxers-MT fighters in Boxing

How do you think sittichai and a prime petrosyan would do under Boxing? I think sittichai might be similar to a Postol. Good defence and timing but not a lot of power.

well the boxing that is used in kickboxing is very different from the boxing itself

at kickboxing the "boxing" dynamics are more limitated
in some aspects,like:

-Lack of pendulating head movement because of the danger on receiving high-mid kick-knees to the head while executating the movement.

-a more straight stance than boxing to be able to defend kicks well and didnt let the body section too much open to mid knees

images
-> Like this image for example when the jab is released with the whole body being projected into the same direction to generate more power,including the open stance with the legs to let you susceptible to eat big low kicks.

- Difficult to exploit the lateral movement due the kicks and knees,if a boxer gets in against a good thai based kicker he is probably going to be dominated by mid kicks the whole time,way harder to get in and get out.

with all being said i think a prime petro would be a very good boxer if he wanted to,he not only had an amazing jab,reflexes and timing,he also was naturally able to counter punch fighters who didnt remained on a kickboxing stance against it(turning it more into a boxing match circling) like in his match with yoshihiro sato , he cut the angles well with short counter hooks and crosses when Sato started to turn into more in a boxing match since Petro was controling him with kicks and was being able to punch all over his face with the classic kickboxing straigh stance and footwork

you can see in these gifs some aspects mentioned about petrosyan that in theory would make him better fitted in boxing fights

7jpQn0v.gif

RdEuICn.gif

EHx4IZJ.gif

AK02.gif

there are plenty of examples on Petro fights

Kongolo Fought today

Fight was for WBC International LHW title

His fight Timestamped:

Thats a good win for Kongolo,His opponent record look bad but he has fought against some good fighters and had the experience against good guys,he is going to start to get better and better opponents from now.

ACcording to dutch news holzken got offered a boxing contract with a Miami gym. Seems to say he has a match next week.

Holzken fought a guy who was WBA international champion 6 months ago.

Knocked him out in round 2. He is now ranked 24th in the world at his weight and P4P #1 in the Netherlands. As soon as I saw the result I expected it was a hook to the liver, sure enough it was:

Time to him get a real manager to introduce him to german-english or US boxing circuit

Spong scheduled to fight on feb 24 against Carlos Ailton Nascimento(a guy who they used to bring against good ranked guys to get KTFO)

fight will be to defend his latino belt and earn an WBO latino belt one...

his boxing manager is a rookie thats why he isnt catching better fights to climb in the rankings.

I actually started a thread about which KBers will do best in boxing and vice versa, a little bit ago. So this thread is intredasting to me.

Are they doing this for money or shets and giggles.

And what are some of the advantages or disadvantages a KBer will have in boxing and vice versa? Who will have harder time?

Last edited:
I actually started a thread about which KBers will do best in boxing and vice versa, a little bit ago. So this thread is intredasting to me.

Are they doing this for money or shets and giggles.

And what are some of the advantages or disadvantages a KBer will have in boxing and vice versa? Who will have harder time?

Kickboxers migrating to boxing are because of money,conquering a good ranking position on boxing and fighting a big name gives you tons of money compared to kickboxing.

the "boxing" on kickboxing is very different than the boxing itself,as explained in a post i made above:

"at kickboxing the "boxing" dynamics are more limitated
in some aspects,like:

-Lack of pendulating head movement because of the danger on receiving high-mid kick-knees to the head while executating the movement.

-a more straight stance than boxing to be able to defend kicks well and didnt let the body section too much open to mid knees..."

makes no sense a top boxer moves to kickboxing,it didnt happen since the K-1 old days that used to do some "K-1 vs Boxing" matchups..

a top kickboxer gets paid normally 15-30k a fight,some guys way more(like verhoeven,hari and buakaw for example) but the average pay for an top kickboxer is this one or even 10k

normally a top boxer receives like 300k when he is getting his first bigger fights

for established elite boxers it is normal to win a couple of millions,so there is no logic on this crossover

Kickboxers migrating to boxing are because of money,conquering a good ranking position on boxing and fighting a big name gives you tons of money compared to kickboxing.

the "boxing" on kickboxing is very different than the boxing itself,as explained in a post i made above:

"at kickboxing the "boxing" dynamics are more limitated
in some aspects,like:

-a more straight stance than boxing to be able to defend kicks well and didnt let the body section too much open to mid knees..."

makes no sense a top boxer moves to kickboxing,it didnt happen since the K-1 old days that used to do some "K-1 vs Boxing" matchups..

a top kickboxer gets paid normally 15-30k a fight,some guys way more(like verhoeven,hari and buakaw for example) but the average pay for an top kickboxer is this one or even 10k

normally a top boxer receives like 300k when he is getting his first bigger fights

for established elite boxers it is normal to win a couple of millions,so there is no logic on this crossover

LOL, in that case I wonder why people even do KB instead of just jumping into boxing.

satanmuanglek won the wbc asian minimum weight (105) title last week. Ill add the video when I find it

Caleb Plant fought recently and has an above the waist kickboxing background. Maybe this was already widely known, I don't know. It is worth noting that pretty much all the successful "kickfighting" crossovers come from above the waist background, if they aren't Thai.

So Holzken replaces Brähmen in the world series of fighting semi final against Smith. If he wins he will face off Groves in the final.

Huge step up in his career.

So Holzken replaces Brähmen in the world series of fighting semi final against Smith. If he wins he will face off Groves in the final.

Huge step up in his career.
thats amazing but its too early for him to take a fight of this caliber

Smith has experience against some pretty good guys

even if Holzken Somehow manages to beat Smith in the semis no way he can beat George Groves

however its amazing to see a fight like this happening,WBSS is a pretty cool idea,8 man tournaments and the winner get all the major titles of the division

i think they would do other at 2018-2019 season with another weight classes,for a kickboxing fan is always cool to see tournaments

Holzken must be prepared to win the biggest purse of his life by far!

I think Holzken will get starched in round 3 or 4.

Especially with 1 or 2 week fight notice.

I think Holzken will get starched in round 3 or 4.

Especially with 1 or 2 week fight notice.
he had a fight scheduled for march against some good name but i dont remeber who was,but wasnt good as Smith

he is going for the money and i cant blame him,only a miracle can make him win or give a serious competitive fight on this one but who knows

after i saw dear Souwer getting KO´ed i lost my soul so i dont care <DCrying><DCrying><DCrying>

Damnn props to Holzken but he will take a beating. He is fairly durable though and should last long enough to get a boxing lesson from a world class opponent in Smith. I'm gonna guess TKO round 6.

This is a huge step-up, if he wins then easy upset of the year imo even with a week notice.

Huge opportunity for Holzken stepping in for Braehmer in the WBSS SMW semi-final, but it's not going to go well for him. Most likely going to get stopped in the early to middle rounds.

Back