If you wanted to rig your enemies election...

Once again, if a nation, state, city or town hold a majority opinion that you don't agree with do you just accept it, ignore it or campaign/fight against it. Or, do you decide that your opinion is the correct one and enact laws, ordinances or policies that follow your ideals despite what the majority thinks if you have the power to do so?

Is it the correct choice to impose a national policy on a state, city or town who's majority doesn't agree with that policy? We see that now to a degree in Sanctuary states and their stance regarding immigration policy.

What about pro-trans policies? If a majority of a state, city or town disagrees with a pro-trans policy like the bathroom issue that had/has people in a twist, is it right to push it on them?

It's the classic many vs the few. Who decides? What is fair? How much of a pyramid is Democracy? Is Democracy just about numbers, because if so then it's really just mob rule after all.

It's your duty as a citizen to accept what the majority decides peacefully.

@Starman

Can you figure this out?

1e0e6w.png

I don't know. Can you figure this out?

65,853,652 people voted for Hillary Clinton. 71,271,832 people voted for anyone but Mrs. Clinton. The majority of the country did not vote for Mrs. Clinton. She did not win a majority of the vote.

65,853,652 people voted for Hillary Clinton. 71,271,832 people voted for anyone but Mrs. Clinton. The majority of the country did not vote for Mrs. Clinton. She did not win a majority of the vote.

<Prem973>

@Falsedawn

Can you do this for me? I'm just not feeling it.

It's your duty as a citizen to accept what the majority decides peacefully.

Whose duty? In the United States the majority does not automatically win, by design. The United States is a Constitutional Republic, not a democracy. Democracy allows the majority to tyrannize the minority. In a democracy, minorities lose every time, without fail. This is why the U.S. is not, and was never designed to be, a democracy.

It is your duty as a citizen to familiarize yourself with, and understand, the legal systems that govern this country.

That it's a joke.

No, it isn't. Electoral votes are the foundation of the electoral college. The number of electoral votes a state gets is based on population size. It has nothing to do with the "popular vote", which is a tally of how many votes a candidate received in total throughout the nation. The "popular vote" does not determine who wins the presidential election.

Again, the popular vote tabulates how many total votes a presidential candidate received. You can win 10 million votes in L.A. County and it won't help you win a congressional district in Maine.

delegates vote according to the popular of their constituents, though. they dont have to, but they do.

and even if this wasnt the case, how the hell can what most americans vote for be a joke? id probably agree that the electoral system is better, but what most americans vote for is not something to overlook lol.

delegates vote according to the popular of their constituents, though. they dont have to, but they do.

and even if this wasnt the case, how the hell can what most americans vote for be a joke? id probably agree that the electoral system is better, but what most americans vote for is not something to overlook lol.
You aint no daisy at all

State delegates are not bound by the constitution to vote for a candidate just because he/she won the most votes in a state. Most will do it, but the constitution does not call for it.

Again, none of this does anything but prove my initial point. The presidency is not decided by the popular vote. By design.

<p data-redactor=" unselectable="on">

@Falsedawn

Can you do this for me? I'm just not feeling it.

Gotcha

{<jordan}

So....since there's 235,248,000 people of voting age, and you've accounted for 71,271,832 of them, shall we include the remaining 163,976,168 as the "Especially not Dolan Trump" group? We're being consistent with the logic here.

How can Dolan be president when he didn't even get 50% of the vote? #NotYourPresident amirite?

<{hfved}>

You are a conspiracy nut with this shit thinking they want evil and world domination.

How do you know me when I know nothing about you?

I wouldn't say in a conspiracy nut at all, I just want others people's thoughts on what an external election rugger would want to achieve.

Gotcha

So....since there's 235,248,000 people of voting age, and you've accounted for 71,271,832 of them, shall we include the remaining 163,976,168 as the "Especially not Dolan Trump" group? We're being consistent with the logic here.

Your run-on sentences make parsing this difficult, but I will give it a go. In order for a voter's vote to be counted, they must cast a vote.

If a vote is not cast, neither I, nor you, nor anyone can assume their voting predilections. As far as I know, no election on earth is decided based on how many voters are registered to vote. They are determined by the people who actually get off their couch and do vote.

With that in mind, we go back to the unassailable logic that neither you nor anyone else here can deny: 65,853,652 people voted for Hillary Clinton. 71,271,832 people voted for anyone but Mrs. Clinton. The majority of the country did not vote for Mrs. Clinton. She did not win a majority of the vote.

How can Dolan be president when he didn't even get 50% of the vote? #NotYourPresident amirite?

Neither Mr. Trump nor Mrs. Clinton got 50% of the vote. That is why the U.S. is not and was never designed to be a democracy. It is a Constitutional Republic. Mr. Trump won a majority of the states, and a majority of the electoral votes. Mrs. Clinton did not win a majority of anything.

Your run-on sentences make parsing this difficult, but I will give it a go. In order for a voter's vote to be counted, they must cast a vote.

If a vote is not cast, neither I, nor you, nor anyone can assume their voting predilections. As far as I know, no election on earth is decided based on how many voters are registered to vote. They are determined by the people who actually get off their couch and do vote.

With that in mind, we go back to the unassailable logic that neither you nor anyone else here can deny: 65,853,652 people voted for Hillary Clinton. 71,271,832 people voted for anyone but Mrs. Clinton. The majority of the country did not vote for Mrs. Clinton. She did not win a majority of the vote.

Neither Mr. Trump nor Mrs. Clinton got 50% of the vote. That is why the U.S. is not and was never designed to be a democracy. It is a Constitutional Republic. Mr. Trump won a majority of the states, and a majority of the electoral votes. Mrs. Clinton did not win a majority of anything.

Run on sentences!!!

{<jordan}{<jordan}

Hey pimp juice, if they wanted to vote for Slobby Don, they would have voted for Slobby Don. Since they didn't, they're in the total.

This is your logic after all, since we're just adding categories and shit that have nothing to do with each other until we Texas Sharpshooter our way around them.

Also, learn to parse numbers, it's an essential skill.

Yeah I don't believe any of that outside of Russians offering their political opinions.

I see the discord coming from our own media, intelligence agencies, and loony leftists. Russia isn't even close to being a factor.

Coming from the left, So GW Bush and and John McCain are "loony leftists" now?

Back