Lonzo Ball: Bust or Baller?

I'm always around, work about 1-2 hrs from home, go to the gym for about 1-2 hrs a day. I'm about to add another room onto my house and redo the kitchen/bath. Going to continue to save that cheddar and purchase another home using this current one as a rental again but hopefully with more renters with 5 bedrooms.

Material possessions are futile. Work on your spirit.

Dude shoots like 45 percent free throws. Bust

Dude shoots like 45 percent free throws. Bust

He is rattled. I don't think he is going to be a super star but he is serviceable. More than serviceble with the right team fit. He will get better. Not as much as is expected because I think he was over coached by his dad. He needs to be allowed to play basketball where he isn't expected to score but just play to get his confidence back. Maybe, come off the bench.

I don't disagree. I just think he has the potential to be a triple-double machine. I'm leaning towards him turning out to be a baller and not a bust. I could be wrong though, but let's give it some time...

Meh. I don't see it in Lonzo. Someone already mentioned how the Lakers score keepers are already padding his assist stats. Like I said, remove the hype and nobody would be talking about him outside of a quick ESPN news mention at the bottom of the screen

Meh. I don't see it in Lonzo. Someone already mentioned how the Lakers score keepers are already padding his assist stats. Like I said, remove the hype and nobody would be talking about him outside of a quick ESPN news mention at the bottom of the screen
You may be right, I'm not emotionally invested either way. I'm a lifelong Celtics fan. I'm just glad his loudmouth dad made double sure they didn't draft him, and they were able to get a better player by trading down and getting another piece on top of that. The guy clearly has a ton of potential, but who knows whether he will realize it or not...

Maybe I should jump on the LaMelGOAT bandwagon...

Youngest ever with a triple dub. Remember that a year from now when triple dubs are a regular occurrence with LonzGOAT, BIOTCHES.

Donovan Mitchell>>>Lonzo.

He can ball and is a part of a talented Rookie class but I won't be surprised if he's not even one of the five best from this rookie class a few years from now.

Youngest ever with a triple dub. Remember that a year from now when triple dubs are a regular occurrence with LonzGOAT, BIOTCHES.

The league is different now. Very few teams want a pg that can't shoot. Lonzo is making Rubio look like Glen Rice. The way that he is shooting, teams should just beg him to shoot and live with the occasional hot night. He could still be great if he super excelled at one thing like Rodman did but that is hard and very rare. He needs to completely rework his shot. It may have sort of worked in college but not in this league with A level players covering you.

The league is different now. Very few teams want a pg that can't shoot. Lonzo is making Rubio look like Glen Rice. The way that he is shooting, teams should just beg him to shoot and live with the occasional hot night. He could still be great if he super excelled at one thing like Rodman did but that is hard and very rare. He needs to completely rework his shot. It may have sort of worked in college but not in this league with A level players covering you.
The league is always evolving and LonzGOAT is the next step in the evolutionary chain. A better Magic Johnson.

And guess what buddy, his shot is only going to get better. Sucks i know for you all but you might as well accept it and just convert to Laker fans.

Is LaVar Ball just a crazier version of Marv Marinovich?

This has proven even more histrionic than I expected:
The wild ride of the Ball family at UCLA seems to be over
Voila_Capture-2017-06-09_02-06-49_PM-1100x713.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

The more people talk like some of the shills here the bigger bust he will be perceived. I feel bad for the kid, he's obviously a humble, good kid and not like his Dad. His dads loud talk puts more pressure on him that he can't handle. The hundreds yes hundreds of better players in the NBA resent him. He was just clowned by Denver's Jamal Murray after another horrible game. 2 points, ouch. He just takes it and walks away while his teammates have to stick up for him.

His coach doesn't put him in during the most important part of the game the 4th quarter. Yet his dad and the clueless, most likely bandwagoners like some posters here still chirp louder about him. I think so many people that are "big fans" talking loud more so do it because he's all the talk in the media and those are the type of shills that want to be down with whatever is being talked about more so than because they're Laker fans.

Kuzma is clearly the better rookie on the team. Why aren't the clueless bandwagon types talking him up here? Those annoying parrot types will jump off the bandwagon and pretend they were never calling him LonzGoat and knew he was a bust in a year or two.

You’re really going out on a limb there....

Logic assumes that the more you do something, the better you will become at it over time. Word is he is putting in the time... staying late at the gym. If Lonzo can just get 10 points a game... just 10, he will be a good point guard, because the rebounding is there. The problem with his shot is he is flicking the ball... intstead of pushing it and letting it roll off of his finger tips. Which is why it usually comes up short...sometimes barely brushing the front of the rim.

Logic assumes that the more you do something, the better you will become at it over time. Word is he is putting in the time... staying late at the gym. If Lonzo can just get 10 points a game... just 10, he will be a good point guard, because the rebounding is there. The problem with his shot is he is flicking the ball... intstead of pushing it and letting it roll off of his finger tips. Which is why it usually comes up short...sometimes barely brushing the front of the rim.
Did you check what I was replying to? He said that Lonzo will improve his shooting. He’s shooting 30%. It’s borderline impossible for him NOT to improve his shooting.

Also a point about Lonzo’s rebounding. If your leaving your man on a shot attempt in order to rebound, that’s not a great play. If your jumping up as a guard to rebound and then not getting up and pushing the ball and putting pressure on the defense - that’s not a positive. That’s why when guys like Steph and Gronk pull down the board it’s an automatic positive. Lonzo is better off getting out and receiving from the likes of Lopez, Randle and Kuzma.

A good rebounding guard (exceptions like Gronk), are like good assisting Centre - meh.

But I guess he needs some stats for Luke to justify his place on the roster.

Last edited:
and so it begins.....

LaVar Ball says Lonzo won't resign with the Lakers unless they also draft LilAngelo as well. if they dont, he will walk and if a team wants to sign him, they must also get BOTH of the brothers.

1. Let the fucker walk. lilangelo is garbage. plus you cave here, you might as well make LaVar the coach because he will effectively be running the team.

2. what the fuck team would want all 3 of them on their team??!!! see above, you will have no control of that team. i really hope that entire family is blackballed from the league. and i dont care if its his dad, lonzo needs to grow a set and tell his dad to fuck off. his silence just says he agrees

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/lavar-ball-lonzo-ball-won-211501931.html

and so it begins.....

LaVar Ball says Lonzo won't resign with the Lakers unless they also draft LilAngelo as well. if they dont, he will walk and if a team wants to sign him, they must also get BOTH of the brothers.

1. Let the fucker walk. lilangelo is garbage. plus you cave here, you might as well make LaVar the coach because he will effectively be running the team.

2. what the fuck team would want all 3 of them on their team??!!! see above, you will have no control of that team. i really hope that entire family is blackballed from the league. and i dont care if its his dad, lonzo needs to grow a set and tell his dad to fuck off. his silence just says he agrees

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/lavar-ball-lonzo-ball-won-211501931.html

Lavar is such a buffoon. He's making two assumptions, that his other kids can't make the NBA on their own, and that Lonzo is good enough to make a team bite on all three. Hopefully he doesn't fuck their futures up too bad.

Back