Was GSP scared of Woodley? Cherry Picking Bisping?

dipstickjimmy

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
For those who are quick to claim GSP is scared or Tyron, Cherry Picked Bisping and faking his medical issues to "Duck" MW I suggest giving this a watch/listen. John Danaher on JRE.

I dont know if he faked anything.

But he wanted no part of Tyron Woodley or Robert Whittaker.

This is Prize Fighting son which means fighters want the biggest prize with the most money and the most recognition while balancing the risk.

Bisping offered the best comob of those things period.

As a legacy fight challenging for the MW belt and winning it is huge at this point in GSP's career just as Anderson got tons of miles off his Forrest win at LHW even though Forrest was a far less relevant or impressive win for Anderson than was Bisping for GSP.

He came back to make millions and win the MW title. Why is this such an unsolved mystery to some people?

GSP played us like a damn fiddle. Not saying I wouldn't have done the same thing, but it is what it is

GSP certainly ducked MW after beating a beautifully cherry picked weak Champ, slinked away AGAIN just as many predicted.

Seem to give up that MW title pretty quickly with the Bob fight looming, no?
<puh-lease75>

Lol at thinking Danaher would be a good source for non biased info on GSP.

While we're at it why don't we ask Josh Barnetts mom if he really Roided, I'm sure she won't say Muhh boy is innocent! Cmon man...

GSP is already the WW goat so there wasn't really any benefit to his legacy to win another title, but getting that MW strap was a nice cherry on top of his career. Plus he probably made more money, people don't really pay to watch Woodley.

MW somehow allowed Bisping to win the title and parade it around for far too long. GSP came back and put an end to that.

You all should thank him.

He came back to make millions and win the MW title. Why is this such an unsolved mystery to some people?
For real..GSP is the GOAT and dominated his division. Let the man get a pay day..the belt is just the cherry on top.

He was scared of Woodley, and Whittaker, and Romero, and Jacare, and Weidman, and Rockhold, and pretty much every middleweight not named Bisping. There's a reason he started talking about coming out of retirement after Bisping won the title. There's also a reason he vacated immediately after he took it from Bisping.

GSP played us like a damn fiddle. Not saying I wouldn't have done the same thing, but it is what it is
did you listen to the video? or is that opinion based on what you are speculating or would hearing info from a first hand party be too threatening to the script you want to be true?

MW somehow allowed Bisping to win the title and parade it around for far too long. GSP came back and put an end to that.

You all should thank him.
Nah, Bisping held the MW strap for far too long waiting for the GSP fight, UFC was in on that bullshit too. If not for GSP, Bisping would've defended against a true contender much sooner.

This. Bisping is a bigger name and the MW belt looks great on GSPs legacy. If Woodley was a contender when GSP was welterweight champ then GSP would certainly take that fight, I never saw that man duck a fight. But I totally understand why he wouldn’t come out of retirement to fight Woodley.

That might change though. Woodley isn’t as intimidating as he used to be. He looks very timid fighting his last three fights and is obsessed with taking minimal damage. He’s not necessarily striking fear into the division any more.

He was scared of Woodley, and Whittaker, and Romero, and Jacare, and Weidman, and Rockhold, and pretty much every middleweight not named Bisping. There's a reason he started talking about coming out of retirement after Bisping won the title. There's also a reason he vacated immediately after he took it from Bisping.
So he made up ulcerative colitis? Danaher speaks about a few things. 1. GSP was comtemplating MW after Weidman lost the belt as he would never fight The Chris as they train together too much. 2. He was ready to book the Woodley fight (How is he scared to fight him if he was ready to fight him) 3. Woodley's fight vs Maia is truly what cost him the fight with GSP and it was DW who chose to move ahead with the Bisping fight.

To scared to listen to some info that challenges your Biased script?

Back