Was GSP scared of Woodley? Cherry Picking Bisping?

So he made up ulcerative colitis? Danaher speaks about a few things. 1. GSP was comtemplating MW after Weidman lost the belt as he would never fight The Chris as they train together too much. 2. He was ready to book the Woodley fight (How is he scared to fight him if he was ready to fight him) 3. Woodley's fight vs Maia is truly what cost him the fight with GSP and it was DW who chose to move ahead with the Bisping fight.

To scared to listen to some info that challenges your Biased script?
I really don't care what Danaher says. GSP was in a bunch of interviews saying he wanted to fight Bisping. Show me one interview where GSP talked about fighting Woodley.

I really don't care what Danaher says. GSP was in a bunch of interviews saying he wanted to fight Bisping. Show me one interview where GSP talked about fighting Woodley.
Listen to the video. You asked for info and I told you where it is and you said "Well I don't care what he says" Danaher is GSPs "Master Mind" so to speak. I never knew this and that is why I posted it. I always thought Firaz was and Danaher was just a BJJ coach. Its a pretty good interview with Rogan asking a lot of questions that Sherdoggers say as reasons to bash GSP bsed on speculation.

This is an ongoing topic; all the Real fans that watched the sport knew what GSP had to do to get a second shot at Hughes.. Give a legend some respect. He doesn't got to be your Goat but fuck these threads are redundant

Of course gsp cherry picked bisbing. He could become a two weight class champ and he even a said in his conversation with bisbing in the cage after the fight that he was the best fight for him and that he had to do it. Bisbing resonded yeah, yeah to that because he knew that it was a good match up for gsp. Why is it we crave for a fight like that then bitch that it happened or that gsp didn’t want to fight every other fighter afterwards. It was fun and that all I care about.

He came back to make millions and win the MW title. Why is this such an unsolved mystery to some people?
This.

People need to get over it.

"He wants no part of Whittaker". Well no shit, cap.

GSP is way past his best years, is nearing retirement and he knows it. Of course he doesn't want to face this 26 year old guy who's dominating the MW division right now.

He saw the best opportunity at this stage of his career and took it.

He's already faced the best guys during his 6 YEAR undefeated reign as a champion. Left with a 12 fight winning streak. But people are quick to forget and will bash the guy for taking this opportunity.

'Scared' is not the right word, but he definitely cherry-picked Bisping.

Tyron offers nothing. A belt he already dominated and no PPV help. I suppose if you're a GSP hater you'd say he ducked Tyron but two belts is better than one more PPV is better than less. I don't really like GSP (about like Tyron both boring AF and uninteresting ppl) but it's simple math.

everyone bitches about GSP as if hes the one that calls the shots and allows all this shit to happen as it did. he simply stated what he wanted to do as most others have done and the champ and the ufc for whatever reason made it happen. Hey they didnt have to but they did.

It's like some people think we're still in 2006 and expected GSP to clear out another generation of fighters but in the MW division.

GSP wouldn’t be scared of a guy who lost to guys GSP beat and his apprentice. Woodley was just irrelevant compared to Bisping

Why would GSP avoid budget brand GSP. That was an easier fight for him.

GSP certainly ducked MW after beating a beautifully cherry picked weak Champ, slinked away AGAIN just as many predicted.
Again?

I swear, fighters can't even take a break or retire these days without having some fat basement dwelling losers accuse them of running away or ducking.

I doubt he's scared of Woodley. He came back for a money/legacy fight. Winning the MW belt does more for his legacy regardless of who is holding the title. No doubt Bisping being the champ had a lot to do with his decision, but he's already put in his time and has nothing left to prove. Plus he restored some semblance of order back to the division, y'all should be blowing him.

Woodley has a punchers chance but thats about it against GSP. He would still be the WW king. I think some of the top MWs like Whittaker, romero, jacare, and weidman would give him some trouble with their naturally larger sizes/ frames though

EDIT...

Thought TS was a cunt. Turns out he just can’t get his point across, properly.

I doubt he's scared of Woodley. He came back for a money/legacy fight. Winning the MW belt does more for his legacy regardless of who is holding the title. No doubt Bisping being the champ had a lot to do with his decision, but he's already put in his time and has nothing left to prove. Plus he restored some semblance of order back to the division, y'all should be blowing him.
I can see why he wouldn't want to face Whittaker, but I seriously doubt he ever was afraid of Woodley.

Like someone else has mentionned, fighting Woodley was the the plan until the Bisping thing fell through. You'd have to be dumb not to pick the much bigger draw and the chance of winning a second title.

For those who are quick to claim GSP is scared or Tyron, Cherry Picked Bisping and faking his medical issues to "Duck" MW I suggest giving this a watch/listen. John Danaher on JRE.

No, I don’t believe he was scared. He calculated risks vs rewards for remaining the MW champ and realized it wasn’t worth the potential damage and loss to his record fighting bigger, stronger opponents. That’s all speculation but seems the most likely. Not a big GSP fan but no way he was scared. Smartest fighter in MMA imho

No, I don’t believe he was scared. He calculated risks vs rewards for remaining the MW champ and realized it wasn’t worth the potential damage and loss to his record fighting bigger, stronger opponents. That’s all speculation but seems the most likely. Not a big GSP fan but no way he was scared. Smartest fighter in MMA imho
Danaher tells of GSPs camp. He did a 6 week camp as GSP getting older didn't see a need for the 8-12 week camps he used to do. GSP had to take 2 weeks of the camp off training completely. They were close to calling off the fight 4 weeks out but GSP pushed thru. The morning of the fight GSP came down for breakfast Firaz, Danaher are at the table. GSP left the table and went to the washroom for an hour. His colitis was real and was flaring up with pain hours before the fight. I didn't know Danaher is really GSPs Main Coach and not just his BJJ.

Back