Does anyone here drink as much soft drink as me?

squeezewax

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
For a few years now the only liquid i drink is Coca Cola. Well actually the last few months i've started drinking a bit of lemon Solo too.
I know it's stupid to drink so much of these drinks but Coke is the most beautiful tasting drink in the world as far as i'm concerned.
A couple of weeks ago i got the results of a load of blood tests and everything seems ok except for my vitamin D, so it doesn't seem to be doing me any harm, yet.
It's funny as vitamin D is the 'sunshine vitamin' isn't it? However despite living on the Sunshine Coast of Qld, i'm lacking in it. Most people are between 80 and 90 in the scale of health, whereas i scored a humiliating 14!

You didn't even quantify the amount of soda you drink per day.

But probably not.

Google how much sugar is in one 12 oz coca cola. Its insane

I'd suggest drinking that stuff in moderation, drinking any type of soft drink everyday can accelerate the aging process to the same extent as smoking a pack per day. It's also terrible for you, get some water in to your life.

I try to stay away from it as much as possible.

Makes me feel sick when Ive had more than a can in one day honestly.

It's almost gotten to the same point with alcohol aswell. Although I still find myself craving a few beers everynow and then.

I drink water above everything else.

How are your dentist appointments going?

As soon as i wake up i open a can and i have an open can throughout the day til i go to bed. So i'm continuously gulping away the whole time i'm awake.

Actually my teeth aren't too bad. I heard a dentist once say it's a good thing to rinse one's mouth with water a lot when drinking a lot of soda. It's vital one does that BEFORE brushing the teeth too apparently.
I'm almost 59 so i don't have perfect teeth but they're ok and i've not noticed a decline in dental health since binging on Coke.

I used to drink alot of diet pop, these days I've switched over to a healthier alternate

Whiskey and rum

As soon as i wake up i open a can and i have an open can throughout the day til i go to bed. So i'm continuously gulping away the whole time i'm awake.

Actually my teeth aren't too bad. I heard a dentist once say it's a good thing to rinse one's mouth with water a lot when drinking a lot of soda. It's vital one does that BEFORE brushing the teeth too apparently.
I'm almost 59 so i don't have perfect teeth but they're ok and i've not noticed a decline in dental health since binging on Coke.

LOL. Clown has still, after 2 attempts, failed to quantify the amount of Coke he drinks.

I rarely ever drink soda now after spending most of my life drinking at least 6 cans a day

I drank a lot of coke before, it does taste good - but in long term health it is horrific. I just drink fruit juice and tea. Some alcohol on the occasion too.

I've recently just quit drinking fizzy drinks

the odd one with a takeaway but don't keep them at home anymore

That’s good to hear. I was at 3 cokes per day and quit cold turkey 1/1/2012 because I kept having dental problems despite always rinsing with water, brushing multiple times per day, flossing daily, etc. I would have cavities every single time I went to the dentist. Then I had to get a crown down and that was when I decided to just quit. I haven’t a had a single dental issue since.

Judging from all the details provided, I drink 4 less soft drinks a day than TS.

I haven’t had a real coke in 10 years. I have had a sprite. And ginger ale. But it’s so bad for you. I. It simple sugars out 2 months ago. No soda, sweets, cakes, cookies, chips etc. I lost 15lbs and my bp dropped and my triglycerides were cut in half. And I wasn’t fat, I’m an athlete. But that shit does heavy damage.

Back