EA UFC 3, v2: Official Release Thread (12:00am EST 01/30 for Pre-Orders)

I liked ea mma grappling. Striking and blocking from everywhere constant motion so it didnt feel like animation mini games. It was a true technical stamina battle but stamina recovered quick enough that the advatage was short. You had like 5 different pitential strategies for advancing from every position. I also preferred the sub mini game to what we have now
I liked almost everything about EA MMA except the weirdly fast movement while hook spamming. That was the biggest fault in that one IMO was how often you'd end up fighting a 100 rated CAF who would hook spam body/head and end the fights in like 20 seconds. When people used legit guys and didnt fight like tards it was a very fun game

Agreed, UFC 2 lost me in the grappling completely and this one is the same obviously. I just find it so tedious, and plus i'm flat out awful at the submission minigame. Was pretty good grappling in UFC 1.

Ufc 2 also HEAVILY favored the grappler, making it soooo easy to score TD's compared to ufc 1 and no way to really punish for them effectively. UFC 1 had TDD perfect, imo. If you were a good TD artist you could get it, if you had a TD artist vs a striker with good TDD you had to fight for it and set it up. Ufc 3 is kind of a middle ground, although scoring td's frm the clinch is mighty simple.

I honestly don't know what this mini-game is. I see it mentioned a lot on here. The way I understand it, UFC 1 simply required the
"hook" to initiate the transition, similar to THQ. UFC 2 and 3 removed the hook and only now requires a directional input and requires to hold that direction until the animation plays out, freeing up Fakes.

But the "under the hood" concept is the same. You have a denial window to deny that either shortens or widens depending on the type of transition being attempted, the stamina of both fighters, etc..

Only now EA shows what going on under the hood with HUD display. But if I'm not mistaken, its the same concept as before. What is the mini game Im missing?

The one where you hold the stick left or right and whoever has the highest grappling stats wins that minigame

It’s my personal mission in this game to win one fight with big Tim Johnson

Just used Ortega for the first time, true to life his hands are slow as shit.

I fought Aldo and the guy literally just wanted to stand 1 inch from me bobbing and weaving, he was easily countering every punch. I started throwing body knees and he had no answer. All he wanted to do was spam duck duck hook hook hook and when i stopped punching he literally ate about 60 knees the body and got destroyed for 3 full rounds without trying to adjust.

Have to be able to adjust. I'm losing so much more than any prior mma game. So hard to win consistently in this one for me

It’s my personal mission in this game to win one fight with big Tim Johnson

I have won a few online with him not the best stats but boy does he have some power just gotta be good with timing with him

So you can throw infinite knee stomps and it's not punishable. Can't check it or catch it. Just played a jones user I was glover who moves like hes stuck in mud. I was helpless. He just spammed it over and over and when i would block it and counter he would throw an uppercut which would stop my counter due to the speed difference. Very frustrating, not sure how to counter it

So you can throw infinite knee stomps and it's not punishable. Can't check it or catch it. Just played a jones user I was glover who moves like hes stuck in mud. I was helpless. He just spammed it over and over and when i would block it and counter he would throw an uppercut which would stop my counter due to the speed difference. Very frustrating, not sure how to counter it

Try feinting to draw it out and be ready to counter with a leg kick of your own and then go high after a couple this works wonders on people I find fighting annoying like that.

Feint will open up so many other options just by getting them to react then they don't know if you're going to feint or come in with a combo. Fought a Yoel last night had to feint a bunch because he kept catching me coming in with kicks, feint drew the kicks out and I knock him out with a perfectly timed headkick of my own.

Felt rewarding as fuck and how I felt a fight between two good stand up players should play out

Try feinting to draw it out and be ready to counter with a leg kick of your own and then go high after a couple this works wonders on people I find fighting annoying like that.

Feint will open up so many other options just by getting them to react then they don't know if you're going to feint or come in with a combo. Fought a Yoel last night had to feint a bunch because he kept catching me coming in with kicks, feint drew the kicks out and I knock him out with a perfectly timed headkick of my own.

Felt rewarding as fuck and how I felt a fight between two good stand up players should play out

I do feint a lot, its super effective. I think I could have won if I had gus or someone quicker but man he was just so slow every counter attempt left him a window to hit me first. I made him miss a lot just couldnt consistently make him pay

Just used Ortega for the first time, true to life his hands are slow as shit.

I fought Aldo and the guy literally just wanted to stand 1 inch from me bobbing and weaving, he was easily countering every punch. I started throwing body knees and he had no answer. All he wanted to do was spam duck duck hook hook hook and when i stopped punching he literally ate about 60 knees the body and got destroyed for 3 full rounds without trying to adjust.
does everyone have the body knee though? I thought only some dudes had it

does everyone have the body knee though? I thought only some dudes had it

Yep only some guys unfortunately. Mostly Muay Thai guys but they gave it to others who have landed knees in fights like Romero, Machida, Gus, and Ortega that i've noticed so far. Doesn't do a ton of damage but it's quick and adds up if they wont back off and stop crowding

Im on a 10 fight losing streak, I keep getting knocked out. I dont know what I am doing. I am outlanding my opponents by 50+ strikes but get rocked everytime they touch me. I am catching them with hooks when they sway, uppercuts when they duck and just cant seem to do any damage. I am broken lol.

Im on a 10 fight losing streak, I keep getting knocked out. I dont know what I am doing. I am outlanding my opponents by 50+ strikes but get rocked everytime they touch me. I am catching them with hooks when they sway, uppercuts when they duck and just cant seem to do any damage. I am broken lol.

<TheWire1>

The sad way I keep losing is I'll get a knockdown and they get up fresher than me and usually take me down or hit a counter strike. Crazy how the knockdowns as often as they are don't result in more stamina loss.

The sad way I keep losing is I'll get a knockdown and they get up fresher than me and usually take me down or hit a counter strike. Crazy how the knockdowns as often as they are don't result in more stamina loss.

try attacking the body when you have them rocked, that way you'll have the stamina profit. If you don't have a good chance to break the block then body shots are the way to go IMO, then next time they might try to block the body shots and leave the head open

Back